[3.18] Cold Conversion Reap Inquisitor

GUIDE IS UNFINISHED
Disclaimer
This is not an in depth guide and is in no way a guide for beginner or new POE players. I would suggest only considering playing this build if you are an intermediate level or experienced POE player. If you are new and choose to play this build I will attempt to simplify things as much as I can but I would still recommend choosing a simpler build or a build with a more experienced player writing the guide. I am a relatively experienced POE player however this is my first build guide and will likely not be as good as other guides written by more experienced players however I will try my best.
Also I highly recommend playing this build as a reroll or respec as the build feels like shit without Awakened Spell Cascade, a good +1 Wand or Sceptre and high level gems + empower 3. Ideally your starting budget for this build would be at least 50 ex so you don't have to suffer the pain of zdps and being squishy, however if you really want the build is playable without any starting currency you will probably just die a lot and have to suffer through shit gameplay.

__________________________________________________________________________________

After league starting this build (big mistake do not do this ever unless you hate yourself) I wanted to create a written guide for Cold Reap Inquisitor as I haven't really seen too many guides for this build. Due to there being 0 balance changes from 3.17 to 3.18 the meta has remained largely the same with Detonate Dead, Lightning Strike, Tornado Shot and Righteous Fire being the best and most popular builds still. However a build that has become more popular since last league is Cold Conversion Reap largely due to UberDan. I got the idea to play the build from Rudy after seeing his reddit post on the build last league and thought it looked interesting. This guide will mostly focus on Rudys version as I play softcore trade and Dans version is more geared towards hardcore.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/tchord/cold_reap_inquisitor_feat_maxed_alt_ailments_sim/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The build is primarily focused around the unique amulet Leaderships Price

This amulet allows for all your damage to inflict alt ailments as long as your 2 highest attributes are equal, I will include a more detailed explanation of the amulet below.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Pros
- Build is very fun and strong once you get decent gear
- Multiple defensive layers making its tankiness comparable and in some cases better than builds like RF and DD
- Not a super button intensive playstyle mostly 1 button with occasional divine blessing and cold snap
- Build is all content viable with minimal adjustments

Cons
- Gearing already starts off expensive and high end gear will cost you 3 organs and your sanity
- Tankiness is severely lacking at low end gear
- Have to balance strength and int constantly which can be very annoying sometimes.
- Is a bit of a Mageblood crutch build

Gem Links
Active skill gems are marked with a "#" and support gems are marked with a "+"

Reap - 6L
# Reap (21/20)
+ Awakened Spell Cascade (PRIORITISE THIS OVER ANY OTHER AWAKENED GEM)
+ Awakened Spell Echo
+ Increased Critical Damage
+ Increased Area of Effect (Swap out for Intensify when bossing)
+ Empower (Use Cruelty until you can get at least level 3 Empower)

Auras - 4L
# Determination (21/20 Anomalous)
# Zealotry (21/20 Anomalous)
# Purity of Ice (21/20 Divergent)
+ Enlighten

Note: Socket your auras into your gloves and craft +1 Socketed AoE gems

Divine Blessing Hatred - 4L
# Hatred (21)
+ Lifetap (1)
+ Divine Blessing
+ Increased Duration

Utility - 4L
# Vaal Molten Shell (10/20)
+ Cast When Damage Taken (1/20)
# Frostblink (Use whatever movement skill you like I just personally prefer frostblink cause I'm stupid)
+ Arcane Surge (4/20 Divergent)

Utility - 3L
# Shield Charge (20/20)
# Vitality (21/20 Divergent)
# Defiance Banner (21/20 Anomalous)

Utility - 3L
# Cold Snap (20/20 Anomalous)
+ Bonechill (20/20 Divergent)
# Righteous Fire (20/20 Divergent)

Gear
Important: The gear in this build is very specifically tuned to this build try to match the mods as best as you can.
Weapon
Base: Sambar Sceptre
Mods: +1 to Level of All Spell Skill Gems, +1 to Level of All Physical Spell Skill Gems, #% Increased Spell Damage Gain #% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage, #% Global Critical Strike Multiplier, Hatred has #% Increased Aura Effect, #% Increased Cast Speed
Enchant: Quality does not increase Physical Damage, grants 1% increased Elemental Damage per 2% Quality

Shield
Base: Ivory Spirit Shield
Mods: +1 to Level of All Physical Spell Skill Gems, +# to Maximum Life, #% Chance to Deal Double Damage, #% Increased Spell Damage, +3 to Maximum Cold Resistance, #% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage

Helmet
Base: Nightmare Bascinet
Mods: +# to Maximum Life, +# to Maximum Life +# to Evasion Rating/Armour, #% Life Regeneration Rate, #% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage, #% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills, #% of Physical Damage from Hits Taken as Fire Damage(Crafted)
Enchant: Zealotry/Determination has 30% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency

Body Armour
Base: Full Dragonscale
Mods: +# to Maximum Life, #% Increased Maximum Life #% Increased Maximum Mana, #% Additional Physical Damage Reduction, #% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage, #% Chaos Resistance, Gain #% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield(Crafted)
Enchant: Quality does not increase Defences, grants 1 Maximum Life per 2% quality.

Gloves
Base: Dragonscale Gauntlets
Mods: +# to Maximum Life, #% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage, #% Increased Life Regeneration Rate, #% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage, #% Elemental Resistance, +1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems #% Increased Area of Effect(Crafted)
Enchant: Trigger Commandment of Spite when Hit (Purely optional but it gives a nice indicator that you're getting hit)

Boots
Base: Two-Toned Boots (Str/Dex)
Mods: +# to Maximum Life, +# to Maximum Life +# to Evasion Rating/Armour, #% Life Regeneration Rate, #% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments, #% Increased Movement Speed #% Chance to Gain Onslaught for 4 Seconds on Kill, #% Elemental Resistance
Enchant: #% Chance to Avoid Being Stunned if you've Killed Recently

Amulet
Leadership's Price
Anoint: Either Influence (Golden, Verdant, Teal) or Charisma (Golden, Golden, Opalescent) Charisma will allow you to run Shield Charge and drop reservation efficiency on helmet while Influence will be slightly more damage

Rings
Base: Amethyst Ring, Vermillion Ring
Mods: +# to Maximum Life, #% Cast Speed, #% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier, +# to Maximum Energy Shield, Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost, #% Elemental Resistance, Curse Enemies with Frostbite on Hit, with #% Increased Effect

Belt
Mageblood: Good luck replacing this with a rare belt if you're poor lol
Enchant: Hits Against Enemies Unnerved by you have #% Increased Spell Critical Strike Chance

Last edited by freerobux on Jul 5, 2022, 2:05:43 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2022, 8:00:37 PM
Reserved
If anyone needs a reference for more afforable gear, look at my character reapingWhatiSow
hi,

I am close to what you present in your guide, minus the fact that my budget limits me to 3-4 of the mods you list on the guide (cause i wanted mageblood this league)
yet i feel like i deal no damage whatsoever.
Am I missing something important ?

ty
"
Jedam81 wrote:
hi,

I am close to what you present in your guide, minus the fact that my budget limits me to 3-4 of the mods you list on the guide (cause i wanted mageblood this league)

ty

do you mind linking pob
"
Jedam81 wrote:
hi,

ty

from what i see right now your attributes aren't balanced meaning you aren't benefiting from having leaderships price
Hi, how we can craft this shield?, Can u tell me step by step or video xD
Hi, with the new League in 3.19 - we can annoint the Amulet, which annoint would u recommend?
Last edited by ida1 on Aug 18, 2022, 3:54:08 AM
"
ida1 wrote:
Hi, with the new League in 3.19 - we can annoint the Amulet, which annoint would u recommend?

According to OP:

Leadership's Price
Anoint: Either Influence (Golden, Verdant, Teal) or Charisma (Golden, Golden, Opalescent) Charisma will allow you to run Shield Charge and drop reservation efficiency on helmet while Influence will be slightly more damage.

Since they removed aura mastery, I'd assume Charisma is BiS annointment.
Last edited by Provin915 on Aug 18, 2022, 8:01:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info