The state of the game on Xbox is an atrocious mess and you all should be ashamed

Let me preface this by saying that I've been looking forward to enjoying this game since 2012 when I first saw the trailer of being able to modify skills in ARPGS with a new innovative system where you could split a fireball into 5 and have them bounce around if you wanted to.

Due to unfortunate circumstances I haven't been able to play this game on PC since then, but https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LucaExplo I did try.

You can imagine my excitement when this game got accounced on my favorite console, keeping up with the dev interviews, updates and any info I could find. It finally released in August of 2017 and I could finally experience it for the first time only to ask myself if this is really it...? Maybe console isn't the way to go.

At first the issues were more of a quality of life thing, messy tradeboard, keybinds weren't in the right place at first, targetting with ranged builds felt bad but these things have improved as time went on. We still have price-fixers and trade offer cooldowns which makes 1c trades incredibly tedious and not worth doing... to be honest these are minor gripes at this point but what makes the state of the game atrocious?

It's borderline unplayable at endgame. Example:https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/luca-explo/video/160393259 This isn't even a super juiced map, it's just 3 people doing a red tier Cemetery. Everytime I hit the heal flask it coincided with a frame where the game was lagging, and granted my reaction time isn't the best but the point still stands. Still think I'm exaggerating? Here it is again: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/luca-explo/video/160393340 You can't realistically expect your players to get around 1 shots or less than 0.5 second bursts if your game doesn't even work properly.

This stems back even before the recent patch that makes loading screens last about 30 seconds or a FULL MINUTE:https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/luca-explo/video/160393420

You wanted to bring your game to the console market, maybe even to complete with Diablo 3 but how can you when your game hardly works and you alienate your most hardcore loyal fans? Even Blizzard had the wit to build the console game with console players in mind, you cannot honestly expect to compete with that with a casual playerbase in mind? Say whatever you want about Diablo 3 but at least that game works flawlessly.

If this experience is what we should grow accustomed to before PoE2 even arrives on console then please don't even bother releasing it on this platform. For 5 years I have been waiting for a fully working, functional game and you have failed to deliver, just look at my post history on this forum. If there is anything I regret it's giving you all my hard earned money because I certainly have nothing to show for it but complete dissapointment and a bad taste in my mouth.

By the way, have you all seen the new supporter packs?
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2022, 4:28:21 PM
they dont care... they are telling us it will take DAYS to REVERT the patch.. days. imagine that. days to REVERT a patch. lol.
Unfortunately, it does take days, and I am not just saying that because I'm a die-hard Poe player. Once GGG recognizes the issue, they have to request to revert from Microsoft or PS, Microsoft/PS then is entirely responsible for the speed at which the revert happens. This same 3rd party system is also what is responsible for all of the delayed league starts. The time between publishing on MS/PS is stupid and that is honestly a massive issue, but it is not GGG's fault.
"
kushnstuff wrote:
Unfortunately, it does take days, and I am not just saying that because I'm a die-hard Poe player. Once GGG recognizes the issue, they have to request to revert from Microsoft or PS, Microsoft/PS then is entirely responsible for the speed at which the revert happens. This same 3rd party system is also what is responsible for all of the delayed league starts. The time between publishing on MS/PS is stupid and that is honestly a massive issue, but it is not GGG's fault.

It is their fault.
1. They did not properly test their patch in the first place. The loading time issues appeared immediately for everyone.
2. They did not request a revert of the patch - instead they made a new patch.
3. Both MS and Sony have a same-day patch process. They chose to not use this.

Placing the blame for this on MS and Sony is just deflecting. Stop defending GGG for their poor choices regarding the console versions.
I made a post about the same stuff. I like to play MF builds, but since 2 leagues this is impossible, I lost 100 of ex by juice the maps and they gone crashed. This is horrible, it was much better in 3.15 and 3.16.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info