Improving the currency tab's user experience by optimizing orb placements

The positions of where most orbs are makes no sense on console because the less usefull orbs are the closest to the 'cursor' and the most usefull are the furthest, making the player smash the controller to reach the desired currencies and waste time while crafting anything.

For example, in my opinion:

Very situational orbs that are unnecessarily close: enkindling, instilling, ancient, binding and engineer (and their shards).

Almost used-by-the-minute orbs that are far: Chisels, alchs, chaos and scourings.

The ones I like where they are: The low currencies being somewhat close (fus,jewe,chro,transm,etc), exalt/mirror, some situational orbs being far (harb, vaal(could be closer though), blessing, regret, unmaking and horizon).

Some suggestions for fixing the placement:

Change the scrolls' place with the quality currencies' ; invert the order of the quality currencies (from wblacksmith->chisel to chisel->blacksmith). The reason for these changes is that most players keep a stack of each scroll on the inventory already, using the tab only to restock them, so I wouldn't have a problem with them being far. For the quality inverting, it brings the most used ones closer.

Change the cluster of 8 orbs consisting of enkindling, instilling, ancient, binding and engineer (and their shards) with the cluster of 8 orbs consisting of regal, alchemy, chaos (and their shards), veiled and divine. The reason for this is obvious, I don't think its necessary to discuss which should be closer.

Somehow bring scours closer. There is a free spot on the left side of the jeweler's, so why not there?

That's it, thanks.
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2022, 12:11:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info