Newbie Looks for "Battlemage" built

Hi i am new in Poe and want to Play some Kind of build, that wields Fireball and two Handet Swort or Switches between Wand and two handet Swort. I want my Char to Slash and cast. Somebody knows a decent build that makes the lvl 100? Dont has to bee the best progressoriented build and dont hast to be a duellist at all. Only hast to Work and make fun. I know its not efficient. It dont has to be. Links would bei nice two.
Thanks for alle helpful anderes and sorry for my writing its autocorrection and i am really tired^^
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2022, 3:05:38 PM
Hi, I'm also new and had a similar desire going into it. My observations:
- any standard melee class (Duelist, Marauder) can use elemental strike skills successfully, since they rely on converting physical damage to elemental. These skills have builds that can take them to end-game content.
- If you need to have high intelligence or canonically be a spellcaster for RP reasons, that limits it to Templar (but in RP this is more Paladin then Eldritch Knight) or Scion, since starting as Witch, Marauder, or Duelist, and deviating into the other side of the passives tree is awkward.

For particularly using a Fireball, the spell Fireball is Int-based, but the attack Molten Strike relies upon damage conversion and has fireball projectiles. This game also supports adding range to melee attacks, so you can choose play a pseudo-ranged Battlemage using the elemental Strike skills (I think Lightning Strike is currently popular).
Making & testing builds: Reap Elementalist, Minion Champion, Poison Hexblast Occultist, Totem Attack Hierophant
I have found out more about this topic. In POE, "Battlemage" is a particular build style, one which builds both its attack damage and its spell power. It does this effectively through two ways:
1. The Inquisitor Ascendancy class gets the "Battlemage" buff which lets their spell power scale proportionally with their attack damage.
2. The warcry skill "Battlemage's Cry" is a short buff which causes your attack damage to scale with your spell power.

The Battlemage's Cry also exerts attacks so that the next few attacks after casting trigger a linked spell.

So, they get to mix it up both ways, either spell power or attack damage buffs boosting both their attacks and their spells, and they get to activate their spells and their attacks simultaneously.
I'm not sure about the order of calculation, because if you had base spell damage converted to attack damage, then attack damage converted back to spell damage, to resolve this without an infinite number of steps would take some extra math.

This is probably what you're looking for, and it will not work out unless you play an Inquisitor (Templar) or get one of a few Veeeery specific items.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3007777
Making & testing builds: Reap Elementalist, Minion Champion, Poison Hexblast Occultist, Totem Attack Hierophant
Last edited by Yaerak on Jul 4, 2022, 3:11:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info