Design flaw of Tricksters

It seems every league since I re-started this game about 4-5 leagues ago, Trickster is always ranked at the bottom 1-2.

I was going to make a Wintertide Trickster but Shadow is just way too far from Brand passives.

And just when I think that Trickster is a master at DoT damage, I feel Power Charge has nothing to do with most DoT? Cold DoT cannot critical so I feel like having 4 power charges on Trickster is kind of a waste. It helps but not a ton.

The only three DoT that can benefit from big critical hit is Poison, Bleed and Ignite. Quote me if I am wrong but I am sure Assassin is better at critical Poison? One of the melee classes or Deadeye is better at Bleed build? And Elementalist is better at Ignite?

How come Trickster doesn't excel in anything? If I want jack of all trade, I would choose Scion?

And when it comes to Cold DoT, I am pretty sure Occultist is better?
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2023, 12:46:24 AM
I think Assassin's actual problem is that most of his skills which were kind of designed for him were nerfed to the ground. Look at blade vortex, look at blade fall / blade blast. They even removed the unique jewels like Frozen Trail that allowed you to make a relatively cheap and decent dps CoC builds. Currently, Assassin is a little bit tankier than deadeye and has an easier time building into CoC, but to make an actually decent CoC build you need to invest mirrors. It's not a design flaw, but rather the changes that a lot of playstyles have seenlast few patches. Duelist has the same problem. Ascendancies are all amazing on paper, but most of the melee skills were destroyed so much that it just makes you think "why would I build cyclone / flicker / lacerate when I can build toxic rain with half as much investment and double the amount of return?"

(Edit: never mind, this was about Tricksters, not Assassin)
Last edited by InuMagic on Jul 13, 2023, 6:37:24 PM
"
And when it comes to Cold DoT, I am pretty sure Occultist is better?

For Cold DoT,
HC / SSF / low investment >> Trickster
SC Trade >> Elementalist

I have played two Tricksters and one Elementalist in HC Trade, SCSSF and SC Trade respectively this league. I wouldn't even consider Occultist for 3.21.

I considered writing a guide for 3.21 Cold DoT Trickster, but decided not to due to the low interest at this stage of the league.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info