Searing Bond

sounds like a nice Offense Totem for a melee char. Maybe for Templer with focus on Dominating Blow Skill.
IGN: kReiZy
"
Progammer wrote:
- Damage is burning damage. Will not stack with Fire Trap, Righteous Fire (highest instance take effect). Do stack with Ignite damage (elemental effects).
It stakes with all those things. Ignite, RF, ground fire and now Searing Bond are all separate sources of burning damage, and all stack. Ignite, RF and ground fire do not stack with themselves (only the highest of each takes effect at a time), but do with each other.

Searing bond beams stack.
Tried level 10 in cruel ledge with the burn damage passives. Didn't do much damage at all. I was 1 shotting mobs with fire trap of the same level. Its damage can't be improved with any support gem. I can't see anyone using this skill effectively, no matter what they do.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Apr 11, 2013, 11:27:56 PM
Really lacks variety for choice of support gems... Badly.
"
Lionguild wrote:
Really lacks variety for choice of support gems... Badly.

Yes i'm failing to see a use for this gem.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Will dual wielded redbeaks increase the dmg?
Okay the whole ignite fire damage thing seems to be useless conversation for this skill seeing as it doesn't work with any thing except the following:

1. Faster Casting (which doesn't affect damage)
2. I would assume increased duration (but there's not real significant point to using this so...)
3.THATS IT

Ok I am all for balancing a skill, but is this skill really so OP that it can only be used with its base spell, and TWO support gems that don't affect its damage anyway? I am seriously at a loss for words because of the sheer lack of any customization with this skill. The only skill similar to this is Artic armor... but that is not a dps skill so it can kinda get away with it... <.<

Please tell me this lack of customization is not intentional GGG ;_;
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
Last edited by ProtectorOfFaith on Apr 12, 2013, 12:20:03 AM
"
haralla wrote:

Increased Spell damage has no effect on the damage
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
The only thing that would make this skill even remotely usable is to make it cast-able while casting another totem without the ancestral bond passive, and then to have a third totem down with ancestral bond.

Even still, if somebody can figure out a way to use this skill then good on them. I can't figure out a viable build.
"
"
haralla wrote:

Increased Spell damage has no effect on the damage

redbeak is damage, not spell damage. works on other things like RF and bear trap afaik

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info