[3.21] Devon's Minion Instability Skeletons | Extremely High DPS | Good starter | Most content

3.21 Changes for this build
----------------------------------------------------
- changed the build quite a bit
FORMLESS INFERNO!!!
----------------------------------------------------

Pros
+ Giga Boss killer
+ can do almost all maps mods
+ fast map clears (Infernal Legion Skellies + Spectres)
+ works on a budget (cheap main gear)
+ doesn't depend on flask damage
+ decent league starter (just needs 2 Earendel's Scepters to work)

Cons
- ele reflect bad for spectres
- Squishy (can be less squishy but I don't wanna)
- needs 2 Earendel's Sceptres to work (sry SSF bois)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

The build uses Vaal Summon Skeletons for bossing and for clearing maps. Vaal Summon Skeletons is an amazing skill in combination with Minion Instability since it has the regular summon for clearing maps and the Vaal counterpart that was made for decimating bosses. Damage mostly depends on the Life of the Skeletons, Minion Damage and what's linked to them. This is why the main skill setup is placed inside the Elder Helmet.

Videos and Gifs

Baran (A8)

Sirus (A8)

Path of Building - Pastabin

https://pobb.in/iVyyAm2vT5_m (31.5.2023, updated for 3.21)

Everything is inside, use this^

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Can use one Praxis ring to handle the mana costs for a while
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- minion life and minion damage both help you with damage

Guide:

Spoiler
As soon as you kill Hillock, make sure to take the reward gem, Summon Zombies. Use these guys with an addition of a simple spell like Fireball or Freezing Pulse. This simple combo will be good enough to start out. After you finish the quest Breaking Some Eggs pick up Summon Raging Spirits and use that in combination with your Zombies. This will enable you to kill Brutus with ease after which you will acquire the primary skill of this build, Summon Skeletons, along with the Infernal Legion support gem. You will also be able to purchase Flame Dash so pick it up for ease of movement. Make sure to support both Summon Skeletons and SRS with Minion damage and Infernal Legion. At act 2 pick up Elemental Focus for later on (when you get a 4L) to increase the damage of the explosions from Minion instability and the damage from Infernal Legion.

As with any starter build it is recommended to use Tabula Rasa if you are able to acquire it. Place both Summon Skeletons + SRS inside and support them with the same gems: Infernal Legion, Minion Damage, Minion Life and Elemental Focus. With this setup you can go to maps without worrying about your primary skill placing. Keep in mind that any damaging gems will help you at the start, such as: Minion Damage, Minion Speed, Added fire, Added Cold. Once you have your primary skill setup it should be smooth sailing until you hit maps.

As the passive tree states, make sure to get that Minion Instability notable as soon as possible for the extra damage on minions once they die with the help of Infernal Legion support and the Earendel’s Embrace scepter.

Passive tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

https://pobb.in/iVyyAm2vT5_m

Ascendancy

1.) Mindless Aggression
2.) Bone Barrier
3.) Plaguebringer
4.) Curpse Pact

Bandits

Necessary: Kill all.

Pantheon

Bosses:
Brine King/Solaris + Ryslatha - Best overall survivability, stun/freeze can be a pain in the ass, Solaris good in general for Bossing and Ryslatha is good for refilling your Blood of Karui flasks on boss fights

Mapping:
Lunaris + Shakari - Move speed + Chaos damage reduction

Spectres should be Solar Guards or the Flame Sentinels. They need to be a large AoE fire dealing bois to apply the combustion/elemental army effects.

Gear

Leveling Gear
Spoiler

My gear
Spoiler
Tumbleweed for now.

Anointment:

The best Anointment:
Herbalism - it helps with your Blood of Karui flasks which also benefit from the Ryslatha pantheon

My personal current achievements with the build:

Killed all of the Conquerors (awakening 8, deathless)
Killed Sirus (awakening 8)
Killed Shaper (deathless)

Hope you guys like it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153

This is what I'll be playing at the start of this league (3.13):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009527
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on May 31, 2023, 4:23:39 PM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2023, 6:24:54 PM
Reserved.

Made a new thread because the old one is archived lul.

Hope you guys like this! Just updated :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
I'm having issues staying alive. I've got around 5.8K health, 75% armour, and 75%+ on res.

I striped Hextouch Support since I can proc Flammability Curse from my ring. So I was toying around with Arcanist Brand for hitting Desecrate + Wave of Conviction so I could throw in Vaal Molten Shell; however, I'm still having issues staying alive.

I like the build so far, but I'm having some issue with survivability. Any feedback would be great.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/1kj7tq4Y

"
TTaMR wrote:
I'm having issues staying alive. I've got around 5.8K health, 75% armour, and 75%+ on res.

If you think you can cover Melding of the Flesh -70% to all resistances you could go with a rare body armor with +2% max cold res, Purity of Ice (which will probably cover cold for melding) and Melding of the Flesh.
"
devon752 wrote:
"
TTaMR wrote:

If you think you can cover Melding of the Flesh -70% to all resistances you could go with a rare body armor with +2% max cold res, Purity of Ice (which will probably cover cold for melding) and Melding of the Flesh.

Thanks for the response, I'll toy around later and give that a try.
Hi I want to know what skill nod you choose on the tree not the path but only the nod that are multiple choice I don't know how to check them it?
Update:

I optimized my gear more, and these were the changes so far. It isn't perfect but I am doing a lot better. I also noticed I wasn't using Solar Guards, but a similar looking one that were smaller...I don't know the name of it. Overall, things are going well. Looking to further optimize the gear, but having a good amount of fun.

Last edited by TTaMR on Jun 15, 2022, 5:27:44 PM
Hi could you tell us what cluster jewel do you use? Ty
Love this build! Will it be updated for 3.21?
"
snoozious_mmp wrote:
Love this build! Will it be updated for 3.21?
Only because you asked and you said it was cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info