How to move POE Shader Cache folder location. (Steam)

I'm playing POE through Steam. The folder with the shader caches and Loot Filters and all is on a different drive that the one POE is installed on. I want them on the same drive (SSD). Does anyone know how to do this?

There's an old Reddit post that shows a button in Options to do this, but I don't have that button-perhaps due to playing through Steam rather than the standalone client, or maybe it was removed.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by awave on Feb 12, 2022, 11:45:10 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2023, 12:59:06 PM
I am not playing steam but it is probably the same, just found it myself for the same reason and tested, cache is moved:
1) find production_Config.ini (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini)
2) add
cache_directory=E:\newpathtocache\
under [GENERAL]

"
If the Shaders bar alerts you about shader loading/saving being critically slow, consider changing what the drive that shader cache is stored on to a faster one. In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3144901/page/1
Last edited by Mmmoooz on Mar 19, 2022, 9:48:58 PM
"
Mmmoooz wrote:
I am not playing steam but it is probably the same, just found it myself for the same reason and tested, cache is moved:
1) find production_Config.ini (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini)
2) add
cache_directory=E:\newpathtocache\
under [GENERAL]

"
If the Shaders bar alerts you about shader loading/saving being critically slow, consider changing what the drive that shader cache is stored on to a faster one. In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3144901/page/1

You my hero.

Thanks for the info <3
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info