[Camera] It's too close!

Yes, it is about the lack of zooming out... again, I know.

But please let me shed some light on while we should be able to zoom out more. Way more.

The first and probably most important reason against the current maximum camera distant is that it's greatly cripples any kind of ranged gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to snipe monsters from miles away, but I believe my character can see/aim further than 5 meters!

The second reason is that a lot of players (including me) sits really close to the monitor. Which means we can see everything perfectly (zoomed out) because the monitor is in our faces, but now All I can see is a huge character swinging in the middle covering everyhing else. If we were to sit fairly far from the monitor, than we'd benefit from the close up.

We can't even sneak up on monsters without noticing us, that's how blind the max zoom renders the characters.

I really like this game but this is just making me mad.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1+ I posted the same thing 2 days ago!!!

With this zoom, game looks like 1999. year game. And if a bow can fire like 60-80 meters, give me like 10-20 in game, not 5 meters as you said!!! (same for the spells)

And when there are like 5,6 enemies on screen all u can see are monsters, it's so confusing.

For me, this is the biggest issue (game put off) right now!

PS - Titan Quest zoom height seems perfect to me (but in PoE the zoom is like 2x closer -.-) and what is about insane zoom in ability??? Who needs that? (when armor sets don't look so awesome (yet, I hope). :D
Last edited by Dalmatian on May 16, 2012, 10:30:17 AM
I play a ranger and I have no problems with the camera.

Someone said it depends on the resolution you're running the game, mines at 1680x1050.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 16, 2012, 11:13:22 AM
"
xxnoob wrote:

Someone said it depends on the resolution you're running the game, mines at 1680x1050.

I run it at 1920x1080... so I should have more FOW not less... but I have it like I'm running 1000x800
"
Dalmatian wrote:
"
xxnoob wrote:

I run it at 1920x1080... so I should have more FOW not less... but I have it like I'm running 1000x800

That's 16:9 and mine's 16:10, if that matters. A friend of mine says he likes 16:10 a lot more than 16:9 (unrelated to PoE), so I guess there's a significant difference. I should try running it at different resolutions, see how it is.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 16, 2012, 11:52:09 AM
but there should be no difference in resolution - if there is difference in ZOOM then higher resolution = more view! so, this makes no sense...

...for example in 3D games (a free tank shooter - i have 2 PCs) on one i use 1440x900 and on other 1920x1080 and tank size vs screen is totally symmetrical (on my screen everything is bigger but in same ratio vs surrounding environment)...

on 2D style games, like AoEmpires, D2 (with reso mod)..., on my PC i have double more field of view than on 1440x900 one... so 2D games are more res. dependable...

I would like to see some screenshoots so we can make comparision

"
Dalmatian wrote:
but there should be no difference in resolution - if there is difference in ZOOM then higher resolution = more view! so, this makes no sense...

...for example in 3D games (a free tank shooter - i have 2 PCs) on one i use 1440x900 and on other 1920x1080 and tank size vs screen is totally symmetrical (on my screen everything is bigger but in same ratio vs surrounding environment)...

on 2D style games, like AoEmpires, D2 (with reso mod)..., on my PC i have double more field of view than on 1440x900 one... so 2D games are more res. dependable...

I would like to see some screenshoots so we can make comparision

Login and take a screenshot without moving.

1680x1050(16:10)
Last edited by xxnoob on May 16, 2012, 1:04:04 PM
"
xxnoob wrote:

That's 16:9 and mine's 16:10, if that matters. A friend of mine says he likes 16:10 a lot more than 16:9 (unrelated to PoE), so I guess there's a significant difference. I should try running it at different resolutions, see how it is.

In PoE the distance is not resolution dependent and the aspect ratio has nothing to do with the zoom itself, but the ratio. Using any other other aspect ratio than your monitor is designed will just lead to uneven (stretched) image.

I personally use 1600x1200 yet it looks like 800x600.
^^^^^ i know, res. don't make difference for today's games.

xxnoob - and that screen isn't too close for you??? main character is simply too big and foview is too small for 2012. year game...

I can see plenty around my character, I don't know what you want this game to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info