0.10.5/5b patch causing frequent crashes

Ever since the 0.10.5 patch I have been getting frequent games crashes with no error. Windows just says that Client.exe has stopped working. I have noticed that it happens most often when I create a new Eternal Laboratory instance.

I have run packcheck, downloaded the game again, cleared the shader cache, and the client file. It still happens fairly often compared to it happening almost never before this patch. Only when the shader cache got really large and I had to clear it; did it ever happen before.

dxdiag info: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0K4Iyz-2QD1aS1CazQzbjlnVm8/edit
I can add that I also just crashed while entering Eternal Laboratory, and yesterday while attempting the same the game stuck in loading screen and I had to terminate it.

I dont remember a single crash for the previous couple months of Open Beta, so it is likely caused by some of the changes in latest patch.
"
lagnard wrote:
Ever since the 0.10.5 patch I have been getting frequent games crashes with no error. Windows just says that Client.exe has stopped working. I have noticed that it happens most often when I create a new Eternal Laboratory instance.

I have run packcheck, downloaded the game again, cleared the shader cache, and the client file. It still happens fairly often compared to it happening almost never before this patch. Only when the shader cache got really large and I had to clear it; did it ever happen before.

dxdiag info: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0K4Iyz-2QD1aS1CazQzbjlnVm8/edit

I am having the same issue, only started since the latest patch.
"
nermind wrote:
I can add that I also just crashed while entering Eternal Laboratory, and yesterday while attempting the same the game stuck in loading screen and I had to terminate it.

I dont remember a single crash for the previous couple months of Open Beta, so it is likely caused by some of the changes in latest patch.

I've got this problem too, since running maps since 10.5 I've had to crash out of the game and restart client many times.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Ye, I have had to resort to farming docks, which at high lvl is total bs, but id rather do this than crash to desktop every other map.
+1

Always crash when joining Lab
same here
Seems to involved with laboratories or cemeterey map...

one of those maps make me crash aswell!

need fix this

( data checked, no sync error )

this has definatly to do something with the new patch
Last edited by ibase on Apr 9, 2013, 1:16:22 PM
Could it be that you have bad content?

In the past, when people experienced crashes relating to maps, it was due to corrupt Content.ggpk file by their ISP caching the old data.

This was fixed by using the VPN and running PackCheck or renaming the Content.ggpk file and re-downloading the whole thing (while still on VPN)

The VPN is used to avoid going through your ISP for the cached content.
meh... redownload whole game then
Last edited by ibase on Apr 9, 2013, 1:18:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info