Blight map / encounters crashes

So I didn't crash too often until I changed my farming strategy and allocated Blight passives in Valdo's Rest region of the Atlas. Running Blights after that caused my client to crash once in 7-9 maps approximately (map instance saved, though minimap resets to unrevealed as it usually does on client crash). Now I'm running Blight Maps I've farmed in Valdo's, and they crash every 4-5 maps (at least it easier to not fail the encounter there after re-entering). I thought it might be some kind of memory leak or something so tried to restart PoE client every few maps, however I just crashed at the beginning (~4:30 countdown) of the Blight-Ravaged map I was attempting, and I restarted client right before running the map.
It seems like all or most of crashes happened 1) relatively close to encounter start, both in regular and Blight maps, and 2) almost 100% sure they're all crashed at the moment I was trying to build a new tower and clicked it, if that matter.
I have bunch of crash dumps in my game folder, but I'm not sure where to send them, or what additional info might be needed so let me know if there is anything I can add to that.
Last edited by PraetorianMKII on Dec 8, 2021, 2:19:33 AM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2021, 1:42:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
7 more crashes / crash dumps over the last 24 hours. Trying to change resolutions etc inbetween, doesn't seem to do anything:)
More crashes, and at this point I am 100% sure it happens right at the moment I'm trying to build a new tower, right after I click an icon and before I choose tower type. No idea what else causes it, obviously it doesn't occur every time I build a tower:) Today was the first time I crashed twice in a single Blight map, both times while trying to make a new tower of course.
Hi, I would like to buy your Blight Fix listed for 50 Crash Dumps in Scourge (stash tab "Please let me play"; position: left 1, top 1)
It feels bad returning after every failed attempt to build a tower and guess if I've lost 10% exp and if I could save the encounter. Even if I don't die or fail encounters most of the time.
It didn't fixed itself magically, no. I keep crashing, although much less than before because I just threw some exalts into my character and clear Blight encounters in maps without building towers. Sometimes I still have to, and aometimes it still crashes my client.
This solution is definitely not something I'd like to apply to Blight Maps though, hope something change before I'll switch to them.
Back with 214 Blight Maps I've prepared recently, running blight in regular maps without building a single tower of course. I don't expect this to be fixed anymore, just letting you know it still crashes sometimes when trying to build (and upgrade too, apparently) a tower. Expecting at least 50 more crash dumps after these blight maps:)
if you are using Vulcan then texture have to be set to MEDIUM.

Else try this -->
1. remove all MTX from gear and gems.
2. Delete all your local PoE shader cache.
3. Run packcheck.exe as "an administrator".
4. Start the game as "an administrator".

Else you will properly start by adding crash information + full DXDiag report to your bug report -->
- Crash info from client.txt file when it happens (get info before starting the game again).

- Crash info from windows log system.

- Post full DXDiag report using pastebin URL.

Did you OC your CPU, RAM or GPU ?
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
if you are using Vulcan then texture have to be set to MEDIUM.

Else try this -->
1. remove all MTX from gear and gems.
2. Delete all your local PoE shader cache.
3. Run packcheck.exe as "an administrator".
4. Start the game as "an administrator".

Else you will properly start by adding crash information + full DXDiag report to your bug report -->
- Crash info from client.txt file when it happens (get info before starting the game again).

- Crash info from windows log system.

- Post full DXDiag report using pastebin URL.

Did you OC your CPU, RAM or GPU ?

Not using Vulkan because its sadly crashes client much more often with my pc (in fact, I'm only getting crashes with Blight using dx11).
1. Removed all my MTX.
2. Reinstalled PoE completely and deleted cache folders as well, let me know if they might be somewhere else - got some in game folder and Documents/My Games/Path of Exile.
3. Using Steam version but I did "verify integrity of game files" thing before reinstalling, all was fine.
4. This part I'm not sure if I did before, but its done now.
Don't think I've overclocked anything, unless I did and forgot about it completely:)

Anyway, I did all that and will keep running blight maps for now, so far it at least made my fps a bit better and haven't crashed in a few maps:) I'll do an update later, will try to return mtx if everything is ok.
"

Not using Vulkan because its sadly crashes client much more often with my pc (in fact, I'm only getting crashes with Blight using dx11).
1. Removed all my MTX.
2. Reinstalled PoE completely and deleted cache folders as well, let me know if they might be somewhere else - got some in game folder and Documents/My Games/Path of Exile.
3. Using Steam version but I did "verify integrity of game files" thing before reinstalling, all was fine.
4. This part I'm not sure if I did before, but its done now.
Don't think I've overclocked anything, unless I did and forgot about it completely:)

Anyway, I did all that and will keep running blight maps for now, so far it at least made my fps a bit better and haven't crashed in a few maps:) I'll do an update later, will try to return mtx if everything is ok.

This is a complete long shot, but have heard a few cases where people had tourble with the one client but when they changed to the other client, the problem went away....
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

This is a complete long shot, but have heard a few cases where people had tourble with the one client but when they changed to the other client, the problem went away....

Just crashed again, while trying to build a tower... again:) Happened at 2nd map with mtx, will try to get it without mtx now.
client.txt has nothing but Cassia's lines by the way, no crash info there. Need to look for dxdiag thing, and what crash info from windows log you meant? Also there is crash dump in documents folder, got a lot of them before as well:)
EDIT: Here is DXDiag report.
Last edited by PraetorianMKII on Dec 29, 2021, 3:20:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info