3.16 Doryani's Prototype Mjolner CoC Inquisitor

Hi all,

This is my first time writing a build guide. I have played POE for a few leagues and this build really feels good to play! I don't play a lot so my league budget is around 10ex - 20ex. (It is getting bigger as I know more ;D)

No videos and not planning to for now. It should be easy kill for bosses. I play bad myself so got killed by Sirus "Die"s. This build is able to tank a few frames of that beam but not all. Also getting to Sirus each time is a lot of work for me :(

POB
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/VZqXRBw0

Pros Cons
Spoiler

+Good damage (2.5m Sirus DPS or 4m with RF on)
+Good defense (82% fire 81% cold res, 40k armour, 5.8k life 500 es)
+Good regen (3k total without RF, 1.9k with RF, 12 life on hit for spells with 5 ball lightning per sec. Roughly 500+ life gain per sec.)
+Feels good to spin around
+Cheap to build (around 5 ex for my gear when I bought them)

-Get one-shot by huge lightning damage (not very often).
-Only works with Scourge Trade
-Cannot league start, you probably need to buy all the pieces and completely build it in POB before you play a character like this. (This is what I did)
-Annoying to build further as there are no Scourged influenced items in the market. You have to buy a set of gear that works and Scourge them by yourself
-Probably not for hardcore, but what do I know

Mechanics
Spoiler

Get -200% lightning resist for Doryani's Prototype

Get 50% lightning damage taken as fire from Talisman, this would make your character pretty much more than 75% dr against lightning in combination with armour for most attacks.

CoC breakpoint stuff: without CDR, stay below 6.06 but try to get close. It is going to be annoying to get to any breakpoint because you have to Scourge them.

Gem/Gear
Spoiler

Try to get more -lightning res% in uniques so you get more room for the rare items.

Uniques

Gear:
Doryani's Prototype, you cannot change this.

Gem:
Cyclone - CoC - Ball lightning - Increase crit strike - Slow proj - Inspiration
Ball lightning seems to give the most damage.
You can calculate hit per cast here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hlylu1xZGs7WY8SD4bJdDoEy-9HQH68zqoA-n0U5TmU/edit#gid=272609148
For this build, it yields 7 per cast.

Gear:
Mjolner, you cannot change this.

Gem:
Vaal Arc - Added lightning damage - Increase crit strike
Lv 21 Arc should be better as Vaal arc doesn't work too well with the range of Dory's AOE.

Gear:
Black Sun Crest, helps you with more stats (more damage) and squeeze in the auras.

Gem:
Enlighten - Zealotory - Purity of Fire - Purity of Ice
I didn't bother adjusting the color and it cost me 10 more unreserved mana. But you can go with:
Enlighten - Zealotory - Purity of Fire - Determination
(You must put Purity of Fire here so that you get 1% more max fire res)

Zealory make it easier to move around on boss fights and more damage on bosses.
If you get Bottled Faith, you probably can switch to Wrath.

Gear:
Any shield with good life. You can go with 30% mana reservation efficiency to get more mana to squeeze in Clarity.

Gem:
Vitality - Defiance Banner - Determination
If you put Determination in the helmet, get Purity of Ice here.
Defiance can be switched to Precision if you want more damage/easier to gear but less Defense. Also works better with Watcher's Eye if you have one.

Rares:

Get some Dex from any of the gear below.

Gear:
AS, life, accuracy

Gear:
Movement speed, life, resists

Gem:
Flame dash - Orb of storm - Power charge on Crit - Arcane Surge (lv2-6)
CWDT - Vaal Molten Shell
RF
Blood rage (lv depends on your dex)(Getting anomolous is a easy 20% more damage on bosses but I don't have the ex)

Ring:

Life gain on Spell hit, Assassin's mark.
Curse reduction is good. Reflect reduction is good (if you get get t1 here, you can do reflect maps with patheon.)

Resist ring, you can get some Dex, Accuracy as well.

Amulet:

50% lightning damage taken as fire/ice is a must. Try to get more useful stats after that.

Belt:

Life and some resists.

Flasks:

You need mana flask, and you need the reduce mana cost mod. I also got some nodes in tree to get flask charges. It is not necessary (only did that for Sirus)
If you are able to get more reservation efficiency on your shield or/and get Englighting lv4, you should be able to get Clarity in with a unset ring.

Some defenses, crits and movement speed.

Jewels:
Get attack speed in 1 Crimson should push you toward 6.00 AS.
Others get Cobalt Lightning damage or Spell damage while holding a shield, 2-3 Crit multi or Global crit chance.

If you have the time/budget
Spoiler

Get Enlightning lv4 / Good shield to get Clarity in or get some points back from the tree.

14% CDR (from belt) and push AS further

Boots with Tailwind/Elusive to move faster.

3 Crit multi Jewels

Bottled Faith -> switch Zealory to Wrath.

Anomolous Blood Rage for bossing.

Divine flesh (Xibaqua) for more defense.

Watcher's Eye for more damage/defense base on your liking.

You should be able to push to 7-10M with next tier of upgrades/or extremely tanky with Divine flesh

I will play a bit more this league but not for long. Not sure if anyone would build this further but definitely let me know. Really wanted to push to 10M to oneshot bosses but I lack the patience to farm.
Last edited by kevinfishkyky on Nov 11, 2021, 12:40:09 PM
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2021, 11:48:41 PM
Hey, just wanted to drop a comment and say that I'm trying out this build. :) Seems to have a lot of cool stuff going on. Just hit maps though, so going to take a bit before I get it all going...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info