Lightning damage with non-critical strikes is lucky + Converted damage

So my spark will end up converting its damage to chaos, now I'm starting to wonder will this disable lighting mastery?
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Oct 25, 2021, 7:37:14 AM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2022, 1:17:09 AM
I am 75% sure that the chaos damage will NOT be lucky.

If the damage range is converted, then rolled, and modifiers applied no it will not

If the damage is rolled for, then converted, and modifiers applied, then it would.
I see no reason why it would be lucky. Lucky/unlucky would most likely be rolled at the end of the conversion process.
This will need testing, but...

I believe it WILL work.

In general, in PoE, conversion is interpreted to the most beneficial possible interpretation.

I.E.
If you have increased lightning damage, and your lightning damage can ignite, your ignites are boosted by the increased lightning damage (but only the portion of the ignite that comes from lightning damage.)

Thus, I think that the portion of the chaos damage that came from lighting, would roll lucky, but not any chaos damage that came from elsewhere, like an added chaos damage support gem.

But...
GGG is not always consistent, so testing is needed.
In case the question is still relevant, no you should deal damage of the type you have lucky damage rolling stat for.

You can hover over tooltip and make sure the damage you deal is already converted. It happens once you get appropriate stats and applies to min and max damage, long before damage rolling occur.

I'll answer to your another question from adjacent thread here as well
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
So I'm planning to convert spark damage to chaos, question is does this work with Gloomfang "Projectiles that have Chained gain (20-35)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage".
In my opinion I consider this as added damage like added fire, it should scale from the source damage and give bonus or is this more complicated?
This is extra damage and like other conversion it scales from the damage modifiers of initail and final types (so from both lightning and chaos damage modifers in your case).

I should note that for getting the extra chaos damage bonus, a projectile have to chain once (at least). If you don't have additional sources of chain, Gloomfang probably won't be a good option (since it would apply only to half of the hits).
it does NOT work.

as the tooltip for the node is
"Lightning damage with non-critical strikes is lucky"

that never changes, so it can only apply to exactly Lightning damage.

i verified this on a 100% convert char vs 0% convert, and a mix in between
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Nivius on Jan 11, 2022, 1:18:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info