Graphical glitching - memory leak?

Got this "issue" with electrical/lightning spells when i play for a few hours, all other spell effects are fine. No idea whats causing it, almost like it some sort of memory leak. Got the latest nvidia drivers on a geforce 680gtx. Got a screenshot of what i meen.

http://i.imgur.com/PnXRiot.jpg

Forgot to write i play in real Full Screen. You can see on the picture that shock nova has become pixelated, i can see arc is being abit the same aswell when npc`s shoot at me in act 3 (this is not only happening in act 3 btw) If i restart the game quick, its all fine again, and as i said, its only those electrical effects.

CPU: i7 965 Extreme
RAM: 9gb DDR3 tri-channel
GFX: Geforce 680 GTX
SCR: Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz (tested different monitor aswell)

This seems to be software related since everything else, effects, shadows, everything is totaly fine, and the game doesnt crash. Done packcheck, was nothing wrong there either.
Last edited by Swoopah on Apr 6, 2013, 9:51:54 PM
Do you have AA enabled in the game? If so, try disabling it and enabling it in the Nvidia control panel; might want to do the same for AF.
"
ozzy9832001 wrote:
Do you have AA enabled in the game? If so, try disabling it and enabling it in the Nvidia control panel; might want to do the same for AF.

This sounds like a good idea to try.
Would you also be able to post all the settings you have in your graphics cards control panel Swoopah?
I tried turning the AA off ingame and force it with nvidia control panel, but it was like it didnt work. Adaptive vsync and tripple buffering is the only two settings im forcing from the nvidia control panel since i dont like how the regular vsync work when using a 144hz monitor. All this has been disabled to troubleshoot, but it happends anyway. Rest in the nvidia control panel is set to default. I use 16x AF and 8xAA ingame, disabling post processing and screen shaking has had no effect on the issue. Have deleted content and redownloaded it overnight so will see if that solved anything, and will see if i can get Aa and Af forced from the driver
Cant see any difference when im standing on "the ledge" if i disable or enable AA and AF ingame, nor in the nvidia control panel
Been playing for a couple of hours, pixelated electric effects is back, time for a client restart, enablind and disabling AA/AF doesnt seem to improve/decrese image quality/edges, same with forcing it from drivers.

Client.exe using 1.6gb memory atm
still occuring, i sometime see a dark square, like a shadow from a object that is not there. turning off AA solves that part
noone else with this type of issue?
Took a screenshot of a "dark square" im talking about, its not blank, like it usually is when there is some hardware issue, you can see the texture behind it aswell, its like a shadow casted there, that should not have been there.

Screenshot
I can't say exactly when this issue started (somewhere after the latest patch or two), but I've also been seeing dark textured squares on the ground. They disappear if I portal out and back in. Using Nvidia GTX 260 if that helps.

Maybe it's a placebo effect, or the result of my new fireball spamming build, but performance also seems to degrade in connection to the dark squares and the duration of time I spend in a particular zone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info