[3.16] Seismic/Exsanguinate Trap Build | Saboteur | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Hey guys, here is a trap build. I don't really like trap playstyle but wanted to make one. I tried blade trap at the beginning of the league but that wasn't really good. Using exsanguinate for clear, seismic trap for bosses. I stopped playing this build at level 91 because gauntlet has started and I would like to participate to that.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Arcane Surge: It comes from "Arcane Pyrotechnics" notable. (Medium cluster jewel)

Thread of Hope: Large Ring

PoB: https://pastebin.com/rWrBLCTc

Build Video: https://youtu.be/WfutrPVfOcw

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

3.16 CHANGES:
- Born in the Shadows: Now grants 15% reduced Damage taken from Blinded Enemies (previously 10%).
- Blinded now causes targets to have 20% less Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating.

You may run into some problems after the changes.

Problem: Thread of Hope doesn't provide the nodes we want. (Not worth using for just one node.)

Solution: Replace it with a rare jewel.

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Seismic Trap - Increased Critical Strikes - Trap and Mine Damage - Advanced Traps - Increased Critical Damage - Brutality

Gloves:
Exsanguinate - Cluster Traps - Chain - Charged Traps (Use Trap support until you get "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level # Trap" mod.)

The Devouring Diadem:
War Banner / Herald of Purity / Pride / Summon Skitterbots

Vaal Grace - Bear Trap - Increased Duration - Steelskin

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Summon Stone Golem / Flame Dash - Second Wind
Last edited by wishdropper on Oct 20, 2021, 7:55:59 AM
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2022, 7:46:46 PM
Tried this

Holy fuck is squishy
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
nice build, i'm playing this with some changes.
seismic trap delete everithing in some seconds.. my next upgrade is "additional curse" in chest, for apply assasins mark in bosses
Some upgrades that are worth to do:

- Use Leadership Price ammulet. It'll give you +15% flat crit chance (Brittle) and 20% less damage taken (Sap). The downside is that you must have your highest attributes equal.

- With LP ammulet, you can change your increased critical strikes support into hypothermia since your skitterbots chill enemies.

- critical strike multi or spell damage on corrupted daggers.

- Invest into Trap throwing speed (TTS) and skill effect duration (SED). TTS will increase the explosion frequency and SED will keep Seismic trap active for longer (remember: you wont be able to throw traps while dodging stuff, this means duration will provide you high damage output even when not attacking). This can be acquired with trap throwing speed on belts, gloves, cluster jewels and passives.

Some math:
- standard duration = 3.5 with 0.9s between explosions = 3,88 explosions
- after changing my gear = 5.8 with 0.4s between explosions = 14,5 explosions

this means 3,73 times more damage PER TRAP
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
"
rafagisloti wrote:
Some upgrades that are worth to do:

- Use Leadership Price ammulet. It'll give you +15% flat crit chance (Brittle) and 20% less damage taken (Sap). The downside is that you must have your highest attributes equal.

- With LP ammulet, you can change your increased critical strikes support into hypothermia since your skitterbots chill enemies.

I still think that an amulet with +1 dex and +1 phys is better, with two cold iron seismic trap up to lv 29..
"
rafagisloti wrote:

- Invest into Trap throwing speed (TTS) and skill effect duration (SED). TTS will increase the explosion frequency and SED will keep Seismic trap active for longer (remember: you wont be able to throw traps while dodging stuff, this means duration will provide you high damage output even when not attacking).
this means 3,73 times more damage PER TRAP

Are you sure TTS affect explosion frequency? As far as I know its just cast speed that influences frequency.
I see that helmet/boots/gloves/body pieces are at least somewhat optional. I haven't played a trap build before, what considerations should we have here? I realise we'll need at least one trap throwing speed affix, and at least one source of skill duration.

I figure that to do Scourge properly, we'll want to do what we can for clearspeed, but probably more importantly, do what we can for defence.

For 3.16 we'd lose acrobatics. Perhaps we can get to versatile combatant (it'll be down where Iron Reflexes are now), or to a reasonable spell suppression amount? Elusive from boots perhaps?

Doesn't seem hard to get more evasion on top of those, and there are people with almost 6k life with a similar build.

It looks pretty good for next league.

"
f0rd_fair wrote:
Are you sure TTS affect explosion frequency? As far as I know its just cast speed that influences frequency.

I am far from an authority on this, but: https://youtu.be/eIqFuDwPXdw?t=285
Last edited by NoImagination on Oct 16, 2021, 8:08:45 AM
is this 3.16 viable? how was the patchnotes for this build
"
dingdongpoe wrote:

Dodge is gone. Probably will effect negatively in terms of survivability but we have to see the passive tree.
"
dingdongpoe wrote:

Looks good to me, I'll probably play it.

We lose dodge, so we're going to need to find another defensive layer - evasion, spell suppression, maybe divine flesh, maybe we can find our way to Versatile Combatant. Guess we'll see which we pick when we have a passive tree.

No major nerfs or buffs that I can see otherwise, except Born in the Shadows is now 15% rather than 10%.
Last edited by NoImagination on Oct 17, 2021, 1:29:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info