[3.17?] LL Manabond + Mjölner (10k ES, 14M+ Shaper dps) (Simu Wave 30 + Simultaneous Feared video)

Thoughts on 3.17 Patch Notes:

Mjölner nerf: Trigger time from 0.15 sec to 0.25 ... ouch, going for the CDR mod on belt might be much better now though because the AS thresholds are easier to reach.
Manabond buff: Added damage effectiveness from 100% to 160% which is huge with our Arcane Cloak mana stacking approach.
Cast While Channeling nerf: we don't really care ... the chest setup was mostly there to scale up Manabond in the end anyway.

Conclusion: I'll wait for PoB to update and run the numbers. To be honest, if the damage doesn't increase significantly (currently 16 mio dps on my latest version on PoB) compared to the last league, I'll probably not play the build anymore in 3.17. It will still be good but I was just too jealous of all these tanky meta builds with spell suppression and Determination/Grace. I was hoping for some of those broken defenses to get nerfed this league but it didn't happen. So in comparison, our defensive layers seem kinda suboptimal and clunky.

Thank you all for supporting the build and I'll be more active the next weeks again (Scourge really didn't work for me so I quit early on).

Wave 27-30 Simulacrum video (double bosses): https://youtu.be/m6qQiCfsEKs

Hello everyone,

this is my first build guide - so be kind and ask about things I forgot to mention :)

Please check your PoBs folks ... I just specced out of the 2 points of Precision in the starting area and my dps went from 8 mio to 10 mio because of break points ... we also don't need the accuracy from the node with accuracy linked to cyclone

Current iteration of the build - summary and changes:

- we will get stun immune with Awakened CwC lvl 5
- we get Lightning Exposure from Awakened Lightning Pen lvl 5 and donÄt need the 2nd Large Cluster anymore
- I went for more defensive nodes (i.e. spell block)

to be discussed:
- drop +% armor granite for a Rumi's ?
- drop Stubborn Student then as well ?

- we changed Discipline for Purity of Elements (the loss of Vaal Discipline is sad though) ... still on 9.5k ES currently
- the Medium Curse Cluster is not available anymore - best and probably only viable way is to get the Curse Nodes on a decent Maglomaniac now
- we link Clarity to Arrogance to reserve the rest of our life for a bigger ES boost from Ivory Tower
- we link Cyclone to Additional Accuracy for higher overall DPS
- using Awakened Controlled Destruction lvl 5 in Cyclone to get unnerve ... results in higher overall dps

updated PoB: click

Wave 27-30 Simulacrum video (double bosses): https://youtu.be/m6qQiCfsEKs

Simultaneous Feared video: https://youtu.be/frXQk7nXadA

first feared video added

Flawless Xoph Breachstone

Simulacrum wave 21 and 23 double boss

My first Sirus 8 kill in 3.16 w/ pretty mediocre gear: Awakener 8 3.16 w/ bad gear

new video of my first Cortex this league: Cortex 3.16

some updates (26-10-21): NOT IN THE POB YET ... CHECK MY PROFILE INSTEAD

- no second cluster yet ... picked spell block chance instead
- picked 2nd ES Mastery for Stun Threshold
- Linked Precision to Arrogance and got rid of Second Wind for max usage of Arcane Cloak and Ivory Tower
- do NOT use Anomalous Controlled Destruction with Manabond anymore - POB doesn't calculate the new EO correctly. I run Lightning Pen instead now.

- i'll probably run Purity of Elements over Discipline in the end game ... getting chaos res capped is probably worth more than 1.5k ES on a 10k ES build

Updated the PoB on Oct 22nd. I'll League start as RF Inquis and transition into this build on day 3 probably.

Some video clips from 3.15 (unedited):

Simulacrum Wave 15-20
Shaper
Uber Elder

3.16 updates:

I had to make quite a few changes to the build for 3.16

- The biggest issue was the nerfed Prism Guardian which forces us to get a Reservation notable now.
- Healthy Mind does not hit the Mana/Life Hybrid Nodes anymore
- Changed the 2 Anoints
- Included a second Split Personality
- Included the Lightning Mastery in the top right for +90% Shock and Sap effectiveness (not included in the dmg calculations)
- More Armor Scaling with a 2nd Stubborn Student Cluster

I'd be really grateful for more suggestions!! :D

Here are the 3.16 PoBs + Screenshots:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/RyGZDPPe

------------------------------------------------
3.15 + general

PoB: https://pastebin.com/jCTPjSYh

TLDR: This is a Low Life version of a Manabond + Mjölner build. The main goal is to stack Intelligence and Mana to give you offensive and defensive power at the same time.

Items:

Mjölner: Mjölner triggers our Manabond without spending mana and thus making it possible to combine the skill with Arcane Cloak and Indigon.

Indigon: The best option for mana-stacking builds.

Prism Guardian: Allows us to use our 3 main auras and synergizes with The Ivory Tower.

The Ivory Tower: We use The Ivory Tower instead of Shavs for a bigger boost in damage and defense. We have to work around the fact that we can't mitigate chaos damage while on low mana (i.e. after using Arcane Cloak). This is easily fixable by using a Coruscating Elixier.

Atziri's Foible: Allows us to use high Dex gems, Mjölner and offers a huge chunk of mana.

Algor Mortis: Perfect gloves for the build. We stack shock effectiveness anyway and apply our curses with Vortex.

Stygian Vise: This one is a pretty big part of our damage. Int + %Int + CD recovery.

The Stampede: Just a nice item to have for mobility with Cyclone builds. The second anointment is also hard very hard to outvalue with rare boots.

Rings: T1 int/mana + resists and str fixing

Unnatural Instinct: offers quite a lot for the build in the standard location.

Healthy Mind: obviously.

Megalomaniacs: The Megalomaniacs are pretty strong for this build. I would love to get my hands on another one with Openness and Stubborn Student.

Split Personality: I will get a second one once I hit +1 curse on my Foible and can grab another jewel socket.

Skills and Links:

Cyclone triggers our Manabond - therefore Faster Attacks mainly acts as a Manabond Support Gem. Ball Lightning could be replaced with Spark for mapping.

Curse Setup. Divergent Conductivity for an extra chance to shock is important.

Precision is very important to increase our Mjölner procs. Divergent Arcane cloak adds a lot of damage compared to the regular gem. Divergent Arcane Surge is not necessary.

Frost Blink gives us more ice patches and is really nice with Cyclone. Divergent Sigil of Power gives another +20% to Shock.

Anomalous Manabond gives us shock effectiveness and Anomalous Controlled Destruction another 10% chance to Shock.

Last edited by belanna on Jan 27, 2022, 9:53:36 PM
Last bumped on May 15, 2022, 3:47:48 AM
Hi, Belanna.

As a long time fan for Mjölner build. From Rainbow nuke to Mjölner done right by Rico, its great to see some fresh air and Mjölner still kicking after all the path of nerf.

10k ES and 15M DPS sounds too good to be true in 3.15 for a Mjölner build. Good job on that. Would love to watch the build in action.

Thank you!
updated (work in progress) for 3.16

--- Placeholder ---
Looks pretty damn good, kudos to that!

I was looking for a Mjolnirs Build for this league and i guess i finally found one to start with.

Was heavily inspired from this Build ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3158478/page/1 ) before i found yours. In this build he utilizes Ghost Reaver + Illuminated Devotion instead of Conviction of Power and also explains why. I would highly suggest give it a look since i like the es leech playstyle and combining it with your approach it would be perfect for me :).

Would take recommendations from you if i decide to go the es leech path in terms of passive skill tree changes.
Last edited by lattenjonny on Oct 20, 2021, 1:48:40 AM
"
lattenjonny wrote:

I was looking for a Mjolnirs Build for this league and i guess i finally found one to start with.

Was heavily inspired from this Build ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3158478/page/1 ) before i found yours. In this build he utilizes Ghost Reaver + Illuminated Devotion instead of Conviction of Power and also explains why. I would highly suggest give it a look since i like the es leech playstyle and combining it with your approach it would be perfect for me :).

Would take recommendations from you if i decide to go the es leech path in terms of passive skill tree changes.

I actually played with Ghost Reaver in 3.15 - hence the 1 Notable in the Megalomaniac. For 3.16 I want to go all in on the physical mitigation though for things like 30 Wave Simulacrum.

Ghost Reaver and the other Ascendency are perfectly fine though (gives u +2 AoE as well).
Last edited by belanna on Oct 20, 2021, 2:02:01 AM
Thanks for the quick answer!

One thing i would do differently than you is use taste of hate to get more phys mit.

Since getting a mjolnir build started is pretty expensive i know this isnt a good build to leaguestart with but ill give it a try, any lvl suggestions?
"
belanna wrote:
"
lattenjonny wrote:

I actually played with Ghost Reaver in 3.15 - hence the 1 Notable in the Megalomaniac. For 3.16 I want to go all in on the physical mitigation though for things like 30 Wave Simulacrum.

Ghost Reaver and the other Ascendency are perfectly fine though (gives u +2 AoE as well).

One thing i would do differently than you is use taste of hate to get more phys mit.

Since getting a mjolnir build started is pretty expensive i know this isnt a good build to leaguestart with but ill give it a try, any lvl suggestions?

EDIT: Is there a reason why you didnt skill Iron Will since its in the skilltree in 3.16 and you pathed past it :)
Last edited by lattenjonny on Oct 20, 2021, 2:13:22 AM
"
lattenjonny wrote:
"
belanna wrote:
"
lattenjonny wrote:

Ye, you need way too many uniques from bosses to league start this. So i will probably just start with another Hierophant or Inquisitor build - either RF or Storm Brand I guess.

Iron Will is only 3-4% dps ... so similar to a 8% mana node (which also gives u defenses). If you really want to improve damage, Attack Speed and Mana are the way to go.

(Iron Will does so little bec we already have ~1700% increased damage)
Last edited by belanna on Oct 20, 2021, 2:17:33 AM
"
Ye, you need way too many uniques from bosses to league start this. So i will probably just start with another Hierophant or Inquisitor build - either RF or Storm Brand I guess.

Iron Will is only 3-4% dps ... so similar to a 8% mana node (which also gives u defenses). If you really want to improve damage, Attack Speed and Mana are the way to go.

(Iron Will does so little bec we already have ~1700% increased damage)

Thank you very much, im extremely excited for this league because of you :)

EDIT: I will use arc instead of ball lightning in CwC setup, PoB shows more dmg but i know it can be janky. Hope its not a huge dmg loss because i highly prefer arc intead of bl.
Last edited by lattenjonny on Oct 20, 2021, 2:29:11 AM
I'm still noob, so I'm sorry if my question is stupid.

Mjolner is a weapon with 3 sockets and it says that it triggers socketed lightning gems, but the lightning gems in the build are socketed in the armor, not in the weapon.

How is Mjolner triggering the skills in the armor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info