Looking for some advice (Critique a build)

Spoiler
Currently I'm level 71 on my marauder and am not to sure what build(s) are most effective for soloing maps. I'm only looking to solo maps because the lag with 6 people using skills is unbearable. I'm on the default ladder right now mainly because I didn't feel like starting over and losing several hours of work.

I'm not looking for advice on my gear or build but just someone that has experience as a marauder soloing maps. So that's why I'm not posting either currently.

Builds that I know of:
-Freezing Pulse
-Lightning Arrow
-Explosive Arrow
-Ground Slam
-Leap Slam

A couple things could make a difference in your advice to me is that I do have a 5L chest, about 3-4 exalts in currency.

I'm really looking to decide on a build by the end of tomorrow. Starting vacation on monday and I'd like to no-life my way up the ladder.

Thank you!

(not sure if I missed any key things that will help so just ask)

After doing some thinking I narrowed my build choice down to three options; lightning arrow, rain of arrows or split arrow. My favorite of the three currently being split arrow.

This is the first build I've created myself so any changes to the build or advice would be appreciated. This build is meant for default at the moment although if I go to hardcore, I'd pick up more health nodes. I only did a 101 point build because I feel that's easily achievable and I'm already level 71.

Split Arrow build:

If I chose to do a LA/RoA build then I'd most likely follow Pam/Venator's skill guide.
Last edited by VegaszTheFarmer on Apr 7, 2013, 1:04:50 PM
LA would be the easiest and safest way to solo maps. LA + Wep Ele dmg + LMP + Life on Hit + Chain really tears down the packs of mobs. Firing once will give you the potential to hit 27+ times. 3 LA arrows (from LMP) each hits 1 target and chains to 2 more. This is a total of 9 targets. Each target hit by LA then does AoE to 3 nearby targets.

Using resolute technique helps stabilize your damage and crits won't be an issue in reflect pacts.

The above greatly benefits from taking the Catalyze Nodes in the Templar tree and Static Blows above that. Inner Force also helps. For Auras run at least Anger and Wrath. Others depend on whether you took BM or not.

For single target, elemental hit + faster attacks + Weapon elemental damage + leech if you need it or more added dmg.

I have a level 70 LA Marauder but the most I've got are 4 links (no chain) and the big nodes I took were: Static Blows, Catalyze, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes, Blood Magic. I run Grace, Anger, Wrath off of my HP and sit at just below 4K HP. For totems I use decoy totem for mobs, skele for bosses. For a curse ele weakness will significantly boost dmg and enfeeble will help take the edge off hard hitting mobs/bosses. I always stay away from mobs and let my LA do the work while mobs cluster around a decoy totem.

For gear you will need to use a light quiver for dex, onyx ammy for dex, and even grab some dex in the passive tree.
"
lalib wrote:
LA would be the easiest and safest way to solo maps. LA + Wep Ele dmg + LMP + Life on Hit + Chain really tears down the packs of mobs. Firing once will give you the potential to hit 27+ times. 3 LA arrows (from LMP) each hits 1 target and chains to 2 more. This is a total of 9 targets. Each target hit by LA then does AoE to 3 nearby targets.

Using resolute technique helps stabilize your damage and crits won't be an issue in reflect pacts.

The above greatly benefits from taking the Catalyze Nodes in the Templar tree and Static Blows above that. Inner Force also helps. For Auras run at least Anger and Wrath. Others depend on whether you took BM or not.

For single target, elemental hit + faster attacks + Weapon elemental damage + leech if you need it or more added dmg.

I have a level 70 LA Marauder but the most I've got are 4 links (no chain) and the big nodes I took were: Static Blows, Catalyze, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes, Blood Magic. I run Grace, Anger, Wrath off of my HP and sit at just below 4K HP. For totems I use decoy totem for mobs, skele for bosses. For a curse ele weakness will significantly boost dmg and enfeeble will help take the edge off hard hitting mobs/bosses. I always stay away from mobs and let my LA do the work while mobs cluster around a decoy totem.

For gear you will need to use a light quiver for dex, onyx ammy for dex, and even grab some dex in the passive tree.

Would the damage still be effective enough with LMP + chain? The damage on the tooltip is low enough with just LMP and I tried it with chain to only be worse. I do know that shock stacks would increase this but it seems like the damage would be almost less.
Bumping this up before bed.
Bump. Added a build.
Last edited by VegaszTheFarmer on Apr 7, 2013, 1:54:29 PM
Bump. Still looking for some input.
"
Would the damage still be effective enough with LMP + chain? The damage on the tooltip is low enough with just LMP and I tried it with chain to only be worse.

Yes, the damage would be fine even with Chain + LMP (as long as you get ele dmg on gear!) That's because Chain doesn't simply make the LMP hit +2 times 3 targets, but each target it chains to would also hit 3 in an AoE.

See exilepro for more explanation: http://www.exilepro.com/builds/marauder/490-marauder-lightning-arrow-elemental-tank

"
lalib wrote:
"
Would the damage still be effective enough with LMP + chain? The damage on the tooltip is low enough with just LMP and I tried it with chain to only be worse.

Yes, the damage would be fine even with Chain + LMP (as long as you get ele dmg on gear!) That's because Chain doesn't simply make the LMP hit +2 times 3 targets, but each target it chains to would also hit 3 in an AoE.

See exilepro for more explanation: http://www.exilepro.com/builds/marauder/490-marauder-lightning-arrow-elemental-tank

I'm torn apart between LA and SA right now. I actually like split arrow even though I've seen some people give flack about the damage but I think it's just fine and original for a marauder to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info