some thoughts

First, a great game indeed. the idea of skill and gem is wonderful

But still, something need improved. Such like,

Drop rate: many mini-bosses (have golden names) even don't drop magical items

Gem: why not restrict sockets that skill gem can't be placed? I mean, I place a ... "heavy strike" in my shoes, and still can use that skill. It's weird, isn't it?

chat system: If I whisper to someone, It displays "@XXX: blabla", and when he reply me, it also displays "@XXX: blah". It's confusing. maybe a system support tab is needed

UI: when out-door(forest etc.), maps can't be seen clearly

"
luciffer wrote:
Gem: why not restrict sockets that skill gem can't be placed? I mean, I place a ... "heavy strike" in my shoes, and still can use that skill. It's weird, isn't it?

A system where you had to socket your attacks into your weapons would be very restrictive. Just imagine the frustration of finding a better weapon, but you can't use it because it does not have the right socket layout for your main attack. Every gem working in any piece of gear mitigates this effect somewhat.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
"
luciffer wrote:

A system where you had to socket your attacks into your weapons would be very restrictive. Just imagine the frustration of finding a better weapon, but you can't use it because it does not have the right socket layout for your main attack. Every gem working in any piece of gear mitigates this effect somewhat.

This is true, but I think the OP still has a valid point, and its one of the smaller things that I dislike about PoE. In a game where "realism" is often so heavily rationalized, it seems odd to me that some skills can be placed in any socket, despite them requiring a specific item to use.
IGN: Sonalia, Arkimond

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info