[HC] Sexypants, the Lightning Struck Tank

I couldnt come up with a better name sorry.

I wanted to share my bastardized build that has turned out very well. It's the result of starting as a LS templar that got 1 shot by Vaal in cruel, switching to an EK Aura Marauder, then converting it into an LS marauder when i realized EK is faceroll boredom hell.

The emphasis on the build was always survival. A 6 Aura, tanky HC build for the first timer. This guy is my first character to make it to merciless. He solo'd piety at 69 and is now doing solo maps. All gear was what he found leveling up, quest rewards, traded or crafted. NO handouts, no guildies, no help.

Key points:

- This is for Hardcore
- This is the build im currently running. This isnt theory crafted but trial and error.
- Runs 6 Auras; Hatred, Determination, Vitality, Haste, Grace and Anger (purity is needed)
- Iron Reflexes
- 6 Endurance charges (i have 5 because i didnt help oak in Merci as i was EK, you should)
- No BM keystone
- Level 71 build. Plenty of room to play if you plan to 80+
- Little low on the DPS side compared to other builds
- Gear dependent to a degree (its HC so everything is really)
- This is a Physical dmg build. 50% of LS is lightning converted from the physical dmg. Hatred is a % of the physical dmg converted to cold. BOTH of the resultant elemental dmg is then buffed 80%+ by the Weapon elemental damage str gem.

Bandits:
-You and Oak are BFFs

The Tree!

Fancy Build Name Here

Some things to note about the build;
-Mana reservation nodes so you can fit in those sexy Auras. Im a big aura fan.
-A few big int nodes. These will be needed for Enfeeble or purity.
-Iron reflexes. You can get more armor out of Ar/Eva pieces and you'll need the dex along the way.
-Resolute technique. I hate missing. The nodes you would be using for accuracy or crit are going into HP and HP regen
-Expansion room. This is a fairly low lvl build. It all runs by +physical dmg nodes, + armor nodes, Shield mastery nodes. Take what you need at the time, refund it later.

My Gear!
Spoiler

Stats with this gear

4700 HP (~280 reserved by auras)
9950 Armor
320 Hp/S
2.02 aps (attacks per sec.)
2600 dps. *Note* My LS gem is only lvl 44, my anger aura is only lvl 5

With 6 endurance charges up
82% Physical mitigation
80% all res

Gems!
You'll start with LoH until your dps is around 2k, then you should be able to switch to LL.

6L; [LS]-[BM]-[LoH/LL]-[WED]-[Faster Attacks]-[??]
-The ?? can be anything you need. Fork is v.nice, LMP if you have a quality LS that pierces. Maybe just an added fire dmg gem for my pewpew. Just not chain or GMP. They both tank your dmg hard.

5L; [LS]-[BM]-[LoH/LL]-[WED]-[Faster Attacks]

4L: [LS]-[BM]-[LoH/LL]-[WED] if you have a nice fast one hander
4L: [LS]-[BM]-[LoH/LL]-[FA] yeah, you're slow

Level Progression

To be honest, i wouldnt level as LS. I tried and i didnt like it. It burns the hell out of your mana, half the bolts miss, you're too slow.
In my opinion, the best way to level is sweeping with a HUGE 2 hander. Take a big boy with a LoH gem and whatever else you can throw in at the time and sweep sweep. I keep my good rare gear so i always have a weapon to progress with up to lvl 40. You can literally one shot your way through the game.

Level 1-20
Spoiler

Straight nom those life nodes and hit that resolute technique. Your sweeping like a pro now

Level 20-40
Spoiler

You've now progressed into templar territory and claimed his HP for yourself. You're also heading down towards the second lot of mana reservation nodes which sits next to the path to IR!

Level 40+
From this point on its down to Golems blood, then over to IR. After that it's entirely you're choice to pickup what you feel you're lacking.

OK guys thanks for reading if you made it down here. It's now 4:30am and this took longer to write than i first anticipated. Im going to bed but feel free to discuss and leave questions.
When im up I'll expand on the level progression section and my gameplay.

Cheers,

Mastodonic
IGN: CutYaCant
Seems like LS builds have been going around lately and everyone's trying to figure out just the right one. I've been building up one myself.

I looked at your build and it seems like it really goes out of the way to pick up those aura mana reservation nodes above the marauder starting area. Is that really worth it? The two near the bottom of the tree plus a reduced mana gem are already sufficient to run determination, hatred, haste, and either vitality or purity at the same time. I guess if you really want to run both vitality AND purity in addition to the others (i.e. 5 percent-based auras), then you need those.

But if you could settle for 4 percentage auras, you could remove those nodes and optimize the build a little bit, leaving you some extra points to take the catalyze cluster and maybe iron grip, both of which can boost LS projectile dmg by a lot, or take more life nodes, since your build has +237% max life, and more is always better for a tanky build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info