hidden nerfs in last patch? and general ps4 complanments! Enjoy..

I just lost a great portion of my dps again. why, what, when? used to be 141188, now its 139865? i am playing a cyclone build, so i have millions of issues already, and dont realy need more crap to make the game unplayable. I have tried 6 different builds, but cyclone is the only one that i like. anyone other then me who lost dammage? im on ps4, and im starting to think i should maybe just delete the game and never return.

Have been playing for 3 years now and most of the bluescreen issuses and major chrashes are gone. but when one thing gets fixed, it seems like 10 new issuse occure. Whats up with the Menagerie for example? most of the time i have to create a new instance 4-5 times before it even loads in a monster. and its been like this from the start. then if i get one monster to spawn. kill it, and whant to try a new recipie, i have to leave the "place" and do 4-5 new instances to get a new monster to load.
Unlike pc gamers Flasks on console are mostly useless since its real hard to press the assigned buttons in action. seems unfair if you ask me?

I would also like to know why i keep dying all the time. Telling me that .....has been slain does not realy help in anyway. oh realy? my caracter died? i thougt he was just taking a hard earnd napp! something like KILLED BY FIRE would be much more usefull i think. (but this is for when playing online so your friend knows you died, you might say, well, i know, i know but what prosentage of the comunity plays with friends?)
And with 100up 100down mps internet connected through cable all the lag and glitches seems realy out of place.

Why no love for the console gamers? do ggg even test the game on console? i wonder!!
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2021, 1:23:18 PM
I know im playing on xbox one s but i'm wired in and the servers closest to me are so bad I lag and freeze so much which leads to many deaths. Love the game but I could never play HC, i would be way to tilted and quit.
I dont even understand why the game "have" to be online while mapping, or any other gameplay?
Can`t they just make it so that everything is loaded in while loading and creating the map? Why do my carracter stop moving when connection is lost. is it realy nessesary that everything has to rely on net connection? never played a game besides this where everything stops if there are issuse with internett. online should be optional if teaming up, or while wisiting towns and your safehouse. Not drops, movement, attacking etc.. Just a thought..
"
kaivoetmann wrote:
I dont even understand why the game "have" to be online while mapping, or any other gameplay?

It would be a *massive* change for the game to have offline play. It will never happen.

PoE is designed like an MMO -- there are two major components to the game: The client (which is what you run on your device) and the Server software.

In order for it to run offline, everything that the Server does would have to be added in to the client (and very thoroughly tested, etc).

The biggest reason I'm aware of the game to be this way is to prevent cheating.

Would you want PoE to have something like SaveWizard for it? (SaveWizard is software that lets you edit your save to cheat in games like Diablo 3).

There could never be competitions of any kind in the game ever again.

It would be a completely different game.

If you want full offline ARPG play on console, D3 has it.
I have played both diablo 2 and 3. and there are several great things both with poe and diablo. no question there. and i kind of figured what you sayd about online MMO. But personly i dont see cheating as nessesary, so i did not think of that. I was/am just tired of all the issues with the game. I started playing during the metamorph leage. and i just got to awaken level 5. caracter level 93. thats how slow it is for me. Have taken time of and tried different builds, but i just dont like the stop - attack - move type of gameplay, so cyclone is the only build i like, and its totaly broken and i cant progress further. ( i have tried all the tips on youtube). but i kind of new offline gameplay would be difficult to do.. i just wish it was. thats all.
Well I started around Metamorph as well and for the last 3 leagues got my characters over 95 and cleared end game bosses..... Except Maven and Uber Elder are the only bosses. Also 93 is pretty good and better than majority of the playerbase. Most don't get to red maps let alone A5.

Flasks aren't hard to use imo if u get the timing down. Don't spam them and wait for them to finish.

As for nerfs...... They happen. Don't feel like ur the only one it affects. I too am a Cyclone whore and my Crit FB Cyclone Champion use to melt Minotaur in about 5 seconds and never died. Now it takes like 3 portals and takes probably 15 seconds to kill. Mainly it's just a matter of switching some passives and getting some gear upgrades.
Last edited by Richman209ish on Jun 25, 2021, 9:18:28 AM
yes nerfs do happen, i know. I just wish there would be more info if it does. and not just suddenly. Not even sure if it is a nerf this time, but it seems like it, since i lost much of my base dammage over night. i will be back playing poe, i think i just need a break. Too much death and no progresion in the state the game is in now. so i cant be bothered to play.
U gotta read the patch notes real closely.... I always read patch notes and usually miss a few details and be like WTF when playing something that got nerfed!!!!! Then double check the patch notes and be like WTF how did I miss that.

As for deaths..... They happen mainly because too much freaking mechanics lol. Some enemies detonate corpses so if u have a juicy pack size map u die if u step on them.... Desicrated ground can hurt.... Degens can kill u quick.... Also watch out for Shrines since enemies get the benefits while near it. I was doing a lvl83 Uber Lab and died because I couldn't kill a huge pack of enemies surrounding the shrine that boosts their toughness quite a lot... Though it could've be trap desync because I was losing life and es but was out of the traps.
I did read both the patch notes and the hotfix. But did not see anything other then crash fixes and error fixes. nothing abouth nerfs or buffs. (seems like buffs rearly happen though). so thats why i asked. Will wait for the next expansion before i jump back inn and play the game.
Whoa u mean ur DPS dropped from a mid league patch or hotfix?? I misunderstood and thought u meant between Leagues...... That is odd.

Did 1 of ur support gems level up and u don't have enough of a certain attribute??? I know that's happened to me before and I didn't notice.

Despite using Cyclone on my Summoner I'm not really a Cyclone character so any DPS loss would've been unnoticeable for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info