[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

Just want to say how much I enjoy lacerate as a play style but I certainly have concerns over damage as you’ve noted throughout. Will be watching this though and hoping you can pull it off. The quality and time invested in the guide is solid.
"
mschultz32 wrote:
Just want to say how much I enjoy lacerate as a play style but I certainly have concerns over damage as you’ve noted throughout. Will be watching this though and hoping you can pull it off. The quality and time invested in the guide is solid.

Thank you. My plan for 3.15 is to track my time/progress somewhere in the guide so people can gauge the feasibility, so do check back (probably after the league start weekend).
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
First off amazing guide! Really like the clarity and depth of it :)

I am relatively new to this game Ultimatum was my first league, so pardon me if some of my facts are wrong. I am also planning to league start as a lacerate gladiator again this league, played dual axe impale gladiator in Ultimatum. I am not too sure which build to go for, axe with shield bleed or dual axe impale gladiator.

I played around with pob for a bit after the patch notes came out, dual axe impale seems to do more combined dps compared to bleed with axe and shield with "Arena Challenger" and "Outmatch and outlast" ascendancy nodes do you go axe and shield mainly for extra tankiness? Or do bleed really works better for bossing?

Another question, why axe not swords? I blindly followed the other lacerate gladiators on poeninja namely SexyWhiskey last league and went with one handed axe.

(Sorry for the length of this post)
"
VileWalker wrote:
First off amazing guide! Really like the clarity and depth of it :)

I am relatively new to this game Ultimatum was my first league, so pardon me if some of my facts are wrong. I am also planning to league start as a lacerate gladiator again this league, played dual axe impale gladiator in Ultimatum. I am not too sure which build to go for, axe with shield bleed or dual axe impale gladiator.

I played around with pob for a bit after the patch notes came out, dual axe impale seems to do more combined dps compared to bleed with axe and shield with "Arena Challenger" and "Outmatch and outlast" ascendancy nodes do you go axe and shield mainly for extra tankiness? Or do bleed really works better for bossing?

Another question, why axe not swords? I blindly followed the other lacerate gladiators on poeninja namely SexyWhiskey last league and went with one handed axe.

(Sorry for the length of this post)

I went with shield for more survivability at the trade off of less damage. During mapping, you don't notice the damage difference as much. During bossing, bleed is a slow (but acceptable) process but I can accept an extra 10s if I can worry less about dying, eventually higher character level will translate to more damage.

My understanding of axe vs sword is that axe is more suitable for bleeding damage with Resolute Technique. Many sword types have Crit Multi and Accuracy implicit and are more suitable for Crit build (without Resolute Technique).

Edit: Soul Taker will be great next league with all the mana multiplier, so dual wielding might be more popular than before.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

Last edited by strTrader on Jul 23, 2021, 9:29:07 AM
"
strTrader wrote:
"
mschultz32 wrote:

Thank you. My plan for 3.15 is to track my time/progress somewhere in the guide so people can gauge the feasibility, so do check back (probably after the league start weekend).

First day ended with 6.5 hours of gameplay, level 54, mid Act 8 and finished second lab. Currently running a 4-link with brutality, multistrike and chance to bleed. Melee Physical feels awful with the 10% reduction in attack speed, might socket it in much much later. Overall optimistic about this build. People are already league quitting with flask and movement skill nerfs so I think max attack/spell block and unlimited leap slam will go far this league.

Are you sure that your build is still working with all those mana cost changes? At least in my PoB your setup is reserving 96% of mana and Lacerate is demanding around 48 mana per cast.
"
MNT7 wrote:
Are you sure that your build is still working with all those mana cost changes? At least in my PoB your setup is reserving 96% of mana and Lacerate is demanding around 48 mana per cast.

You can temporarily drop maim support from flesh and stone if there is mana issue.

Thanks for the work on your build. Is Deadly Ailment's Support still BIS gem?
"
Thanks for the work on your build. Is Deadly Ailment's Support still BIS gem?

I recommend skipping Deadly Ailment because we don’t have enough ailment scaling early on. You can use Cruelty in the mean time. Once we have enough ailment damage and DoT Multi, we can try switching to Awakened Deadly Ailment. No guarantee on its performance after the nerf. With a physical weapon, I think Cruelty might be enough.

Thanks for the updates! Is the Thirst for Blood skill that comes with Jack, the axe not worth it to use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info