[3.14] [Build Showcase] CoC Phys Reap LL Assassin with Blood Charge | 6.2k ES | 56.4m*5=282m DPS!

3.15 update:
THIS BUILD NO LONGER WORK!
Reap is now consuming life and we have no mean to regenerate or leech life fast enough. This showcase is now ABANDONED, and no longer working on it. If you found away for it to work, I may update any info here.

Introduction:
Spoiler
When I first saw the Reap video, I thought it was cool with Spell Cascade support, and if I used with CoC it actually look like a 'slash' came from sword. This remind me of the anime Sword Art Online's Starburst Stream.

However, the closest resemblance skill would be either Double Strike or Dual Strike, but after giving a thought it is not realistic with current state of CoC viability, so I went with Cyclone instead.

Disclaimer:
Spoiler
This is a build showcase and not a buide guide but I am willing to help out if you have any questions.
That is also not theory-craft build, you can see my character in my profile.
This is sorta min-maxing, the gears are pretty expensive, be warned.

I am also welcome any critic about my build.

Boss Fight:
Spoiler

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
+ Up to 282m DPS with 5 overlapping Reaps
+ Due to insane DPS, able to skip certain boss phase/skill
+ Size matters, big AoE for overlapping with Awakened Spell Cascade, almost full screen
+ As long as CoC triggered, Reap will always autocast at epicenter of the target
+ Looks dope as fuck LOL

Cons:
- Not beginner friendly
- Extremely expensive
- Unable to do Reflect or no regeneration maps
- Unable to do map with heavy reliance of corpse explosion
- Medium mapping speed
*NOTE* After playing countless hours, I personally felt that epicenter of Reap + Awk SpellCascade doesn't actually overlapping as much damage, but everyone said it did so I guess it actually did? Maybe I am wrong, so I included the overlapping damage.

Path of Building(Fork):
Spoiler
[3.14 League]
(6211 ES and 282m DPS! not including Culling Strike and DoT)
282m DPS with Blood Charge and Awakened Spell Cascade
https://pastebin.com/1hzj3xSZ

To get a much accurate DPS:
Spoiler
Reap's hit Damage: 56.4m*5=282m (5 overlapping Reaps)
Reap's DoT: 1.6m
Culling Strike: 6.3m

Enemies Low Life Reap's hit damage: 19.9m/2=9.9m*5=49.5m
Enemies Low Life Reap's DoT: 300k/2=150k
Enemies Low Life Culling Strike: 2.6m/2=1.3m
*LL is 50% uptime so all increased damage will be divided by 2.

Total DPS: 340.85m

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Assassin
This build is going Cast on Critical strike, so needless to say Assassin is the easiest class for it. You also could try to go for Inquisitor, since the update it also can get quite a lot of critical strike chance through Righteous Providence.

Bandit & Pantheon:
Spoiler
Bandit: Help Alira, get the best benefits offensively, defensively and QoL!
Pantheon: Brine King and Shakari. This build lack stun immunity and Brine King is important, and Shakari is one of the minor chaos damage reduction that this build is lacking.

Gears & Links:
Spoiler

Explanation:

Was originally thinking of using Eventuality Rod but it turned out that I will be losing 2.5m DPS using PoB calculation, so I decided to go with 2 rune daggers.

This is the best I could craft without Harvest. Maximum mana could be replaced by +AoE level from Aisling's for the other auras. For enchantment, I wanted to get +1 Blood charge but unable to get it and settled up with Zealotry. This enchantment is also an important modifier to get my last mana reservation skill, Aspect of Spider.

Since I am going Low life, this is the only piece I can use. I got lucky with double Corrupt and get these implicit perfectly fit for Reap.

This can be easily crafted using Fossils. Since I don't really like Flask's modifier, so I decided to get Aspect of Spider here as well as the attributes I needed.

IMO, this is the only way for this build to get Unnerve. Craft attack speed and attributes are needed for skill gem and 7.57 APS requirement.

The only thing I need from this boots is anointment for aura effect and reservation of skill. These 2 modifier is very important for this build, will explain in FAQs.

Again, attributes is needed for skill gem requirement. Apart from weapons, amulet is another only one that can get gem level.
Anointment is Charisma for aura effect and reservation of skill. These 2 modifier is very important for this build, will explain in FAQs.

Was planning to get +1 Power charge, but again, without Harvest it is hard to craft resistances on other slot, so I decided to give up on the power charge.

To get Inner Conviction, this is a 24% more damage for 8 power charges.
As I don't really have a reliable way to get Frenzy charge on hit and +1 level to physical and strength gem is way way stronger than Frenzy charge itself, so I didn't go with Badge of the Brotherhood.

This is the perfect 3 liner for me. As I am playing physical spell, Pride's modifiers are useless. So Precision is the only way to go as the attack speed also help with my 0.13ms CoC. I was also able to get the only useful Zealotry modifier.

This is extremely important to keep up your Blood charge, you need 2 of these and preferably perfect LGoH roll. As you can see, I have Unleash and Spell Cascade support setup, I can instantly get 5 charges as I will have about 6 hits per cast, which is also 96 LGoH to cover life spent on cast.
After that, just switch back to your weapon and the buff will remain.

FAQs:
Spoiler

Q:
A: With 1.2 APS from dagger, I need to get
-8% attack speed from Furious Assault
-13% attack speed from Watcher Eye
-12% attack speed from gloves
-20% attack speed from Blood Rage(take note on gem level and quality)
-20% more attack speed+20% buff effect from Phantasmal Ancestral Protector
These make up a 7.52 APS in-game stat sheet. For some reason, in-game stat sheet and PoB APS are inconsistent, but I choose to believe in-game's.

Q: How do you get enough accuracy for CoC.
A: As you can see the only accuracy I have are Precision and War Banner, as well as those Dexterity. They are actually still not enough. So this is where the min-max come to place.
I got a lot of +1 spell skill gem as well as Aura effect to go up to 99% hit chance. That is why I mentioned before that Aura effect is important.
You can get up to 100% if you managed to get +4 level on the boots I used.
Last edited by lonedegrim on Oct 31, 2021, 6:20:28 AM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2021, 9:28:07 PM
Cool build!

Interesting choice of dagger base. I would assume a faster base, going for tailwind/CDR boots and dropping one minor aura would give you more damage if you could hit 10aps. Could maybe drop war banner and fix accuracy with harvest enchant on weapons.

I agree that shotgunning is probably not happening 5x anyway, DPS seems closer to 50M than 250M. Have you tried different combinations (controlled destruction, inc AoE, etc.) to see if shotgunning improves?
"
efun wrote:
Cool build!

Interesting choice of dagger base. I would assume a faster base, going for tailwind/CDR boots and dropping one minor aura would give you more damage if you could hit 10aps. Could maybe drop war banner and fix accuracy with harvest enchant on weapons.

I agree that shotgunning is probably not happening 5x anyway, DPS seems closer to 50M than 250M. Have you tried different combinations (controlled destruction, inc AoE, etc.) to see if shotgunning improves?

Ideally yes, getting 52% CD with 10APS would be the best. However crafting a perfect weapon is very very hard nowadays, furthermore I am rather a casual player so farming 8 hours a days isn't really possible for me especially without deterministic harvest crafting. If I am managed to do so, dropping Aspect of Spider would be better as I was trying to get %CDR from belt in the first place but scrap that ideas.

I wouldn't drop War Banner, this Aura is the best minimal reservation with maximum benefits. It provides increased physical damage taken AND %increased accuracy which is highly sought after for my build with 0 accuracy modifier on equipments. Of course, best outcome would be getting accuracy from gloves to fix any hit chance I lack of.

I am already using Awakened Controlled Destruction, and I believe I have the biggest AoE out there compare to everyone else in PoE ninja. My Reap AoE according to PoB is 1.91, but once I hit Lv100 for the last 10% from Magnifier, I would be at x2 AoE. Possibly only Trapper can beat my AoE or any meme AoE build that cannot deal damage.

However, the problem with shotgunning would probably be the angle of Reap. If you looked at my Sirus fight, self-cast Reap was supposed to be 6 hits but instead I only gotten 4 blood charges with 4 hits. Meaning the front-most Reap didn't hit due to the angle issue. I'd do a furthur testing with Awakened Spell Cascade to see how many hit.

So yeah, this is probably the best I can do now but I will see how far I can improve further with the CDR thingy in the future as I still have about 1 and half months to go.
Last edited by lonedegrim on May 28, 2021, 12:29:36 AM
Thanks for the responses! Oops, I meant concentrated effect instead of controlled destruction. AoE would be lower but I know for example with bladefall, conc effect shotguns better. Either way would require testing, and I guess with reap angle might be impossible to improve anyway.

Just realized for dagger you need <ilvl65 base to guarantee the +1 phys with cannot roll attack mods -> harvest aug phys, so can't use imperial skean. I guess you fractured them yourself?

"
lonedegrim wrote:

I will see how far I can improve further with the CDR thingy in the future

Before this league I rolled CDR on belt with good prefixes with multimod CDR + prefixes cannot be changed + "reforge more likely" harvest (6ex per try since you have to scour prefix, about 50% chance to hit).

I think easiest way to get CDR on belt now is with veiled chaos (prefixes cannot be changed -> veiled chaos). Should be around 1/3 chance to hit, so about 6ex to hit. I used this method in SSF since exalts were faster than farming aisling. I guess you would just dense fossil a crusader belt and go from there.
How do you gain blood charges. Arent they supposed to be gained only by selfcast?
"
shubutnoi wrote:
How do you gain blood charges. Arent they supposed to be gained only by selfcast?

Yes only by self cast.

For build with Zealot's Oath and Ghost Reaver, only reliably way to recover life is by Life Gained on Hit. In my case, I weapon swap and use Cybil's Paw instead.
Last edited by lonedegrim on May 30, 2021, 8:26:30 AM
Hello! I like your build it looks awesome... I cannot find the skill tree. I want to make it to but I don't no where to put the points in the tree...
"
sergiu_y wrote:
Hello! I like your build it looks awesome... I cannot find the skill tree. I want to make it to but I don't no where to put the points in the tree...

You need Path of Building Fork to look at the skill tree, it is in the PoB section of my thread.

Alternatively, you can click on my profile to see the tree.

However, I am not doing a step by step guide for the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info