Possible North Korea shooting war?

If a shooting war happens up in the Koreas, how might that affect GGG?
(the team, not the game play!!)

I know New Zealand is well out of the range of North Korea, but it has to be a serious concern for everyone in that region, especially if it escalates with Chinese involvement.

I'm not trolling a bad real world situation, but rather I'm genuinely concerned for the folks in NZ, Aussies and well... everyone else in that region.

Thoughts?
I hope everyone dies.
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
"
Leeway wrote:
I hope everyone dies.

grumpycat learns to use the internet.
If anything does break out it will involve more than just that region.
Nothing will happen, it's just a cold war. I think this thread is more suited for Off-topic.
"
dzordzo wrote:
Nothing will happen, it's just a cold war. I think this thread is more suited for Off-topic.

Actually, yes, you are right. Should have been in Off Topic. Soz.
Quit giving North Korea the attention that it wants. There are much more dangerous and complicated events happening right now.
Based on what I have have read about North Korea's declaration of war and the location they moved the missile(s) to Japan (an American ally) or Guam (an American protectorate) are most likely to be hit. If they fire on Japan and China backs them we will probably have a land war. If China doesn't back them we will most likely retaliate with nukes, provided Obama has a spine. If they hit Guam and China backs North Korea it will be touch and go but will most likely end in nuclear retaliation before too long. If North Korea hits Guam and China does not support the strike, I predict, immediate nuclear retaliation resulting in sides chosen and World War III. Additionally if the latter is the case and Guam is hit since China's allies are North Korea, Taiwan and maybe Vietnam (I'm not 100% sure about) WWIII is the most likely solution.

Disclaimer: This is just the conclusion my room mate and I came to after a thorough discussion of the world's political alignments and this is by no means a set in stone definite/only outcome possibilities just, as we see them, the most plausible.
Last edited by Axuzu on Apr 4, 2013, 1:01:40 AM
China won't help North Korea as it would mean their economic collapse and that sudden rise they've been experiencing would drop real fast and it would create a lot of unhappy citizens. Take into account that China depends on import for food supplies for its large population and you got another factor, we will only miss the consumer goods. America and Europe are far bigger warring nations (in terms of flexible economy, resources and assets available) as such and ofc. are the immediate allies if a conflict rises. In that regard Russia is also a big player. Easy war economy and controlling the gas that warms Europe, but also Russia faces famine with dependencies on food import.

Naturally a war could erupt and we could end up fighting and I think that in such a case the Western world will most likely grab faster for Nukes than China. Simply because China has far too large production capability for a feasible land war.

I doubt China would like the NK refugees, but it is still favorable above a conflict with the US. What is interesting for China is to have all that North Korea post war to develop on their own, to have an increased coast line and as cheap producer have a direct border with South Korea. This would be far more economically interesting than having that North Korea Rif Raf next to you. As such I could even see China enticing NK to war or work towards its collapse so they can step in.
Last edited by Ozgwald on Apr 4, 2013, 1:27:12 AM
I agree that we will most likely start the nuke slinging first and I never said China would launch a nuke, but given how China and North Korea are allied my room mate and I feel that if war breaks out China supporting North Korea's decision to strike is a very real possibility but not a certainty by any means. And given the political strains between China and America they may very well decide to back North Korea, but as i said in my original post China may decide to disavow North Korea and leave them hanging, at that point the probability of nuclear war falls to whom North Korea struck Japan or Guam (if either). As I said in my original post if Japan is nuked (after I personally laugh at the irony) it will most likely end in a basic land war. If Guam is hit I feel nuclear war will be inevitable, and since we essentially own Russia we will call them in with us and have a good ol' fashion curb stomping party. That is until Taiwan, their allies, and maybe Vietnam (still not sure if they are allied with North Korea) join in which my room mate and I feel will lead into World War III.

While your points on their economic structure and population factor are valid and well founded the tension between America, China and North Korea has to be taken into consideration and considering how pretty much the whole world is in a recession I feel temper may get the better of China and they may say "fuck it we're going to war" (whatever that translates into in Mandarin). While Russia is struggling on the brink of starvation I feel, since they are now democratic and we are keeping their heads above water, If we go to war and America asks Russia to help I think they will be obligated, as they see it, and join us.

Disclaimer: I am not a very eloquent person so I apologize if any of my points or statements are misleading or confusing.
Last edited by Axuzu on Apr 4, 2013, 1:50:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info