Anybody Catch Anything Good Yet?

"
The_Dude wrote:
After fishing for 5 hours straight in Chaos (legendary league), I finally caught a chaos snapper. $$$$ baby!

OMG! Dude, I'd trade 10 gcp for one of those babies
It's pretty straightforward. Jabberjaws is a unique mob that roams up and down a coast at random in your game. If you kill him, he drops the Tremendous Snaggletooth quest item that you have to bring to an NPC in the Forest Encampment (he doesn't show up until you find this item). It gives a message like "Find a use for the Tremendous Snaggletooth." The NPC is named Gordon the Fishmonger and he's in the corner of the Encampment. He says some dialogue about how he's buying fish or whatever and gives you the two handed item Worn Fishing Rod which is permanantly slotted with the "Fishing" gem (which is gray, it's pretty cool which allows you to Fish near water.
Yeah, like who didn't know that? I spent this whole day looking for that bastard and when I finally found him, he almost killed me. Took all my flasks and THEN I had to drop a rare to make room for the Tremendous Snaggletooth which is bigger than a 2-hander. But it was totally worth it, man.
Which area is he in?
"
Gear wrote:
"
visibiliti wrote:
"
Gear wrote:
Is this a troll thread or can you really fish?

LOL! Good try!! I am pretty sure the idea of people "not knowing you can fish" in this game is on the same level as the idea of people "not knowing what Avatar of Fire is" :P (or "was", since they temporarily removed it in 0.9.9, lol)

Yes, everyone knows you can fish in this game.

I can't find it in any patch notes. So please tell me how to fish. Unless you guys are trolling, which seems to be the case.

This kind of trolling?
Well, it depends. I found the guy in Mud Flats, though he could be anywhere

This thread delivered
Last edited by Incze on May 10, 2012, 4:43:49 PM
It's still obvious trolling. unless you guys can photoshop a pic of the item or boss then I won't be convinced.
"
Gear wrote:
Which area is he in?

He appears randomly anywhere near a body of water. He's appropriately leveled to the area you're in, near as I can tell. He hits like a truck and takes it like a champ and if you zone away he leaves, so good luck! I also hear that he stops spawning after you turn in the quest so if you're partied with somebody that already turned it in he won't spawn.
"
Gear wrote:
It's still obvious trolling. unless you guys can photoshop a pic of the item or boss then I won't be convinced.

We're not trolling. I got this lobster from fishing
Unavailable

Pretty sure someone can link you a crab as well. It is not that rare
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on May 10, 2012, 5:56:52 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Unavailable

Pulled those from fishing in 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 (forgot which, been awhile), before the stealth nerf to # of magic mods possible on rares obtained from fishing.

Unavailable

There is an example of the crabs you get, per Progammer's request.

Not sure if it has been explained or not but most of the time you just get fish, you don't get items. I just would waste wayyyy too much time drinking IRL while fishing over and over in game. :/
Last edited by visibiliti on May 10, 2012, 6:37:04 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info