PLEASE READ: Helpful tips for those that are struggling with the new patch

"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:
This game is extremely forgiving of zone level requirements and gaining xp, so the greatest tip I can offer is this:

Every difficulty, run a zone over and over till you are about 4-5 levels higher than it's requirement, then finish out the act - you'll find it much easier because your gems are stronger, you'll have more passives assigned and will find some level-appropriate equipment to work with. It's how I ranked 1st archer in the cutthoat league.

Fellshrine, Ledge are obvious spots, but pretty much anywhere you feel a good kill ratio works. And now that Pyramid has it's pots back, that's a good way to nab some more orbs while you're xping.

Once you outlevel the zones by two levels, you'll have 10% less item find.

I have not confirmed this myself, though. Someone else can probably clarify the actual stat vs. level loss.

-2.5% currency per level in excess of 2 levels above the zone I believe
Yep absolutely true. As I said it's quite a forgiving system, and your experience is not altered.

I tend to get about 4 levels above fellshrine before I move on, makes completing act 2 much more enjoyable.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Psomm semi-taught me the re-run trick with our first Cut-Throat experience, as I recall it. I generally don't need it in default, but in Cut-Throat it definitely gave us a slight edge of survival.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info