[3.14] Necro herald of agony, 80max res, 7+k hp, 1 to 3m dps SSF HC VIABLE MY league starter

I'm planning to start this build and play only this build. I will play trade league but it's ssf hc viable with very few changes which i'll explain.

CONCEPT: In the ultimatum league players will be static while interacting with the league mechanic, so clear speed it's not that important. It's also important not to die, and this build can be very tanky. It's important to be able to clear all mobs and this build is a boss killer, so perfect.

Why is this build a boss killer? Well, you just cast a couple of brands and then you can focus on dodging spells. The dps will not be interrupted while dodging because it comes from an invulnerable minion.

PASTEBIN
https://pastebin.com/NHEZFKJw

LOOK FOR THIS:
THERE ARE 3 TREES, 1 for levelling, 1 for early game and 1 for mid/late game.
THERE ARE MULTIPLE ITEM CHOICES just click to compare them with cheaper options.

GEAR PROGRESSION DISCUSSION
Spoiler
Necro offers good res for starters with the ascendancy node, take that and then unnatural strenght if you play hc.

In trade league you can buy Lioneye's vision for 2 to 4c (or gamble The Lion card), and then 5link it with The Jeweller's Touch (3/4c) in order to get an effective 6link with under 10c investment with an ok life roll on it for early game.

in SSFHC you will need to farm The Lion card in mud flats. There are good outcomes in Lioneye's Vision and Lioneye's Remorse, a very good shield that you will carry for long. This farm will progress you easily to maps.

MY CURRENT GEAR PROGRESSION
Spoiler
I'll post my gear progression if it can help since i got asked couple of times.
I'm blasting white maps with 6160 life, the clear speed is better then expected since the Hoa proj are just off screening mobs in open maps. It's a little bit worse in close spaces, i'm thinking that using convocation must just be required. Also proximity mobs.
This league The Jeweller's Touch is 25c THAT'S INSANE BTW, last league was 5. Just buy the gloves for 1c really.

I paid 2c for the helmet enchant with good life roll.
1c for the max roll gloves.
1c for the +1 dagger with some res on it too.
14c for lioneye's remorse but i don't think it was worth it, i just wanted to play with it.
The rest of the gear just dropped, included the chest, that you can buy for 1-3c btw.
I already saved 1ex for the future.

GEAR CHOICES DISCUSSION
Spoiler

MAIN HAND: scepter because of shield charge, Essence of Fear will do the trick, life and res are options for ssfhc. The Craft Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill is foundamental, so pay attention to Betrayal. The stabilizing scepter saves couple of points, you find it in Heists.

OFF HAND: shield. Saffael's Frame is my endgame choice, since we gather enough life from other sources, max res is the stat we like here (it's like free purities). Lioneye's remorce is a good option for early on, as well as Victario's charity if you play trade league not hc.

HELMET: Random life res helmet, in trade league you can pick a Herald of agony enchanted helmet for better clear speed, untill you can afford kaom's heart (or farm it in ssf hc) then craft a good boy following one of Ghazzytv youtube guides.

GLOVES: Whatever

RINGS: For ssfhc just grab Vermillion rings with high life and res/chaos res. This means that you will not have enough mana reservation to play vitality or determination, whatever you already have 640 life regen!

BOOTS: For trade league, get a good regen enchant ELDER boot so you can get fortify and save a socket, since we are sockets starved because of kaom.

BELT: Elder belt, we are looking for life recovery rate.

JEWELS: I really like the defensive capabilities of Enduring Composure, i think it's worth the points. Cluster jewels are self explanaory. We need a large one to get 2 mediums with Pure agony. The rolls are not very attractive so we try to fix our dexterity issues there. This is important, because DEX is a problem for this build.

AMULET: Level of gems and life with Fossils crafting, For the annointment Mark the prey is fun and cheap, Heart of the Warrior probably the best choice, Ravenous Horde for better clear speed.

GEM PROGRESSION.

Whatever. Personally i'll go frost bomb/freeze pulse and holy flame totem untill act 3, where i can buy herald of agony and all the necessary from Siosa. Pierce is a must for clearing.

TREE LEVELLING PROGRESSION
The spell damage you get early on should carry you untill Siosa. For act 3 you need Runebinder since you will swap to Brands there, so we rush it. Then we buy herald of agony and slowly we start putting points into minion nodes. I don't know how well hoa will do while levelling, but i'll try anyway.
Last edited by Snolaz on Apr 18, 2021, 1:48:47 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2021, 12:31:56 PM
thanks for this, was planning to go jugg version til i saw ur post
jugg is viable too, but this version can still reach good regen and 90% phys dmg reduction with flasks up, so jugg becomes less valuable, as necro gives more utility and damage while sacrificing very little in terms of defence.

Gl with your build!
FIRST DAY UPATE.

I'll post my gear progression if it can help since i got asked couple of times.
I'm blasting white maps with 6160 life, the clear speed is better then expected since the Hoa proj are just off screening mobs in open maps. It's a little bit worse in close spaces, i'm thinking that using convocation must just be required. Also proximity mobs.
This league The Jeweller's Touch is 25c THAT'S INSANE BTW, last league was 5. Just buy the gloves for 1c really.

I paid 2c for the helmet enchant with good life roll.
1c for the max roll gloves.
1c for the +1 dagger with some res on it too.
14c for lioneye's remorse but i don't think it was worth it, i just wanted to play with it.
The rest of the gear just dropped, included the chest, that you can buy for 1-3c btw.
I already saved 1ex for the future.
Last edited by Snolaz on Apr 18, 2021, 1:49:04 PM
Any updates on build progression and your thoughts on build?

I’ve been following and trying to replicate, and so far build has been lotta fun. Only thing is right now I struggle with surviving ultimatums.
I saw your build. You lack phys dmg mitigation. Saffael Frame is an endgame option, when you have enought phys mitigation, but first you need to fix it.

The first thing you should do is to buy or craft an enduring composure small cluster jewel. This allows you to have endurance charges up all the time in ultimatums. The second thing is changing the shield for an attack block one like Lioneye's Remorce. The third thing you should do is changing gear with better armor bases. Do this in this order.

I'm having fun with the build although i can't play too much right now.

I'll link my current pob. https://pastebin.com/rT60bu1f

This build is faster then expected and it's very fun to play, i didn't have any problems dealing with ultimatums and i always get max rewards. I swapped to whirling blades because i like it more.

I crafted everything myself. But i still need to improve the amulet with life and the belt with life recovery.

Using cold iron point, i don't miss the autocast dagget too much, it's playable
Ascendancy order please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info