[3.13] Toxic Rain Trickster | 24mil Sirus dps | Asenath's + Maloney's

DISCLAIMER! 3.13 is my first league and my first real try of the game, i've tried PoE before (up to act 4) but never got hooked until now!

With that said:

This is what I've managed to do in my first league and I'm in love with my Toxic Rain Trickster. I've gotten inspiration and information from a lot of builds out there, quick shoutout to Remicaster1 & typicaldemon.

https://pastebin.com/v1yaLAQj

Toxic Rain Main Skill
Essence Drain + Soulrend (used by Asenath's Chant)
Caustic Arrow + Frenzy (used by Maloney's)

I went with Asenath's + Maloney's ahead of Cdot+dot multi quiver + -resistance helmet simply because of cosmetic reasons and overall smoother gameplay in maps/farming. The damage you lose from going this route I felt was negligible. And the utility of spread projectiles hitting offscreen targets is something Toxic Rain lacks in it's clear, allbeit maybe not that important, it just feels and looks good. Gilded Legions is a breeze with this setup!!

I've tried headhunter setups and although it's nice for valdo's farming and delirious juicing, ultimately I opted to go without it.

As I'm new to the game there's probably going to be a lot of things that can be improved in the build, but this PoB is taken from my character. I also have a lot to learn about the game in general.

Any feedback I can get on this is greatly appreciated.

I don't really know how to make a fancy thread post for now, but I will most likely update this for 3.14!

Last bumped on Apr 16, 2021, 2:04:41 AM
Cool. I might try it. What end level content have you cleared w/ it?
From your profile, you did the following. Was it with this build?

Maven
Atziri in the Alluring Abyss
Abaxoth, The End of All That Is
Chayula, Who Dreamt in their Domain
The Shaper in The Shaper's Realm
Uber Elder
Sirus, Awakener of Worlds at Awakening Level 8 or higher
@Tavener Yes everything was done with this character. All of it on Awakening 9 as well. I believe the only thing I've not done yet is The Feared. This is mostly because of my own gameplay. Still learning movement and stuff, the build is more than capable of all content with relative ease.
Hey
Is this build good? "Essence Drain + Soulrend (used by Asenath's Chant)"
How much more dps this setup gives you?
Ty
Last edited by Nerié on Apr 12, 2021, 12:39:37 PM
@Nerié
The difference between -resistance head and Asenath's with this setup is negligible. The attack speed and damage from Asenath's is slightly less dps. However the utility from the Asenath's is the main reason for me using it. Essence Drain and Soulrend being supported by Greater Multiple Projectiles gives more spread damage, in contrast to Toxic Rain's damage profile in being specific area damage. On top of that the health regen that Essence Drain provide is very neat. I do recommend trying it out to see if you like it.

If you're looking for absolute numbers, the difference came out to roughly 150k dps single target. However this would require you to be in close range for the -resistance to apply to your target.
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info