Console Population Decent? is it Active?

I'm curious guys

i recently went over to console poe since my pc bit the dust...
im curious tho how populated is the game on console?
are there plenty of people playing there?
would u say couple thousands wise at least?

i would hate to play a dead game ofc
but i think its pretty active right?

thanks for info guys
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2021, 6:50:06 AM
"
xSS Freez wrote:
I'm curious guys

i recently went over to console poe since my pc bit the dust...
im curious tho how populated is the game on console?
are there plenty of people playing there?
would u say couple thousands wise at least?

There are more than that. But for the vast majority of games, a few thousand active players would fall under the "dead" category. (I guess this varies a little bit depending on whether you mean total active players, or simultaneously logged in active players, which varies quite a bit with time of day and day of week--a game with a minimum of a few thousand simultaneously logged in players, and more during high traffic times, would not be "dead").

By comparison to PC, console is dead. We have something like 1% of the PC playerbase. It's hard to pin down exact numbers, since GGG doesn't release figures like that. But that's my best guess based on a variety of indicators.

"
xSS Freez wrote:

i would hate to play a dead game ofc

Why?

I see people say this, and it totally makes sense for a game like Overwatch or whatever, where it is solely focused on group play, but games like PoE are heavily focused on solo play.

There's even an SSF mode where no interaction with other players is possible.

Why do you care if the game is "dead" or not?
well couple thousand maybe is not that bad after all i mean pc has 15-20k so if console has like 5k i dont think its that bad ;p
Also, don’t forget that the console players are separated as well, which makes it even worse for the PS and Xbox players.
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
Also, don’t forget that the console players are separated as well, which makes it even worse for the PS and Xbox players.

that is true but i have faith in ggg that maybe with poe 2 it all will be cross play between ps and xbox at least maybe even mobile that be cool but i bet mobile is probably its own game
"
xSS Freez wrote:
well couple thousand maybe is not that bad after all i mean pc has 15-20k so if console has like 5k i dont think its that bad ;p

Where did you get this idea?

PC has hundreds of thousands of active players.

Maybe not right now, when we're just weeks away from the end of the current league, but at league start they have *tons* of players. There were over 250,000 *concurrent* players on PC league launch. Likely quite a few more unique players over the course of the first two weeks.

If you're looking at Steam figures, most players prefer the main client over the Steam client, so Steam is only showing a fraction of the actual playerbase.

Console right now is probably a few hundred really active players per platform. It will be tens of thousands for the first week or two of the new league, and then drop off from there. These are estimates, because GGG almost never publishes actual raw numbers of console players. We have to extrapolate from other data they publish.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
xSS Freez wrote:

Where did you get this idea?

PC has hundreds of thousands of active players.

Maybe not right now, when we're just weeks away from the end of the current league, but at league start they have *tons* of players. There were over 250,000 *concurrent* players on PC league launch. Likely quite a few more unique players over the course of the first two weeks.

If you're looking at Steam figures, most players prefer the main client over the Steam client, so Steam is only showing a fraction of the actual playerbase.

Console right now is probably a few hundred really active players per platform. It will be tens of thousands for the first week or two of the new league, and then drop off from there. These are estimates, because GGG almost never publishes actual raw numbers of console players. We have to extrapolate from other data they publish.

ah ok unfortantly im stuck to console now ,my pc is dead and i dont have the money to fix it i bought a serious s instead since that was cheap,my entire system fried all the entire thing so i would have to rebuild from scratch i just dont have 1000 for a game pc,but i hope console is at least populated enough that i dont feel like im playing POE by my self.. is there at least a console community?
"
xSS Freez wrote:
,but i hope console is at least populated enough that i dont feel like im playing POE by my self.. is there at least a console community?

The biggest way you'll notice the small playerbase is when you try to use the trade market.

It's both much harder to buy and much harder to sell than you would hope for.

The small size of the market makes it easy for people to use various market manipulation strategies.

But as to the "feel" -- league launch will feel quite heavily populated.

It thins out after about two weeks, but only a little. After a month it's much more noticeable.

Nearing the end of the league (like now), it can feel a bit like a ghost town, although this varies with lots of factors.
I don't reccomend playing on console unless you have a xbox series x or its PS counterpart. But even then you will struggle to buy something off the tradeboard due to largely inflated prices. A shav for example would cost maybe 40c on pc but costs like 16-20ex on console. I am not exaggerating. also were about to have a huge fall off in player count once harvest nerfs drop in 3.14. the nerf hits us 10× harder due to being a much smaller casual community that hoards what little currency we have cause we couldn't run juiced maps like say deli and beyond until just recently when the series x released. We're all use to being solo greedy players due to the game running horribly and being limited to running unjuiced maps and groaning whenever we get free delirium or 10 harbingers in valdos rest due to instant crashing.
Also I noticed you said you bought a series s xbox in a previous post. This will not cut it. If you want to be able to run anything more juiced than a simple delirium mirror your going to need a series x. if you try to run a map with just deli and beyond or a plain alched map with 10 or so harbingers from valdos rest perks you will lock up and crash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info