WTF! something is wrong!

I have a lvl 59 marauder thats wont stay alive, in act 2 merci.
Im using a 2H mace with leap/sweep for aoe and heavy strike for single taget. for aura Im changing between haste/determanition/anger/purity depending on the mobs.

my stats are (without any auras and on merciless difficulty):
1418 life
345 mana
1471 armour
24% estimated phys dmg reduction
614 evasion rating
80/80/76/65 in res

heavy strike:
1569 dps
15% lifeleach
0.87 sec attack time

leap/sweep:
746 dps
15% life leach
1.16 sec attack time

my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecJlgsoEtkUIBiRGS4aPhtFIPAhAiE0IVUnICftKS4q9jH7NPI2ujboOQ464Ts7PC09_EE_RLJQR1BQUeZYY2DEajt27ndTd2J6uHuMfLh_44jxjAaMz5tYoRukrKZXpzCpGqlzrKqt5K6TtC-18rc-ud3BBMT2xq7G2MmY1I_XAtw952PofesJ7w7xrPIv8kXynPPd9kj3vvyJ_go=

does anyone know why Im so freaking squishy?
lol that is the weakest stats ive ever seen for a lvl 59, u need atleast 3k hp in act2 merciless and max res, around 3k armor also helps
"
aznsky01 wrote:
lol that is the weakest stats ive ever seen for a lvl 59, u need atleast 3k hp in act2 merciless and max res, around 3k armor also helps

thx for your reply, but how am i surposed to get that kind of gear? i cant kill anything without being killed myself, and it takes forever on the trade channel.
tbh your life sux, your armor sux, and your dps sucks, you tried to upgrade all of them at once and that was your problem, i assume ur not using bm to get that life with so many % auras, the thing is, u need to lvl first using bm cuz u dont need all that shit right now, try getting lvl 75 first to try to respect for that build, there's not other way around to do it all u wanna do and lvl soloing, first get to act 3 and do shit tons of docks, then respec and go untill u feel safe enough to go solo with a aura build like this, cuz honestly it wont work with your gear, maybe with your level but prolly with not your gear.
Last edited by korniz0r on Apr 1, 2013, 10:02:08 PM
Yeah, your health, armour and dps all seem really low. I have a 58 marauder in act 2 merc, and I have around 2.7k hp, 3k armour, 2.8k Heavy Strike dps, 2k Cleave Dps, and my gear is all self found. My resists are a bit sucky, but I have a "double resist" ring of each element in my inventory (eg a fire res ring, with a +fire res roll) that I can swap in as needed depending on the area for a quick +50 res to whatever I need.

HOWEVER, this is my second go at a marauder. I got one to act2 cruel before abandoning him, and starting again. This means I have the best of the gear I found the previous run to pick from, plus I have 2 of each of the good support gems. Also, I changed the spec quite a bit after learning what I lacked previously.

Maybe try rolling a new marauder, with a slightly different spec, and see how it goes?
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Apr 2, 2013, 5:13:41 AM
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
Yeah, your health, armour and dps all seem really low. I have a 58 marauder in act 2 merc, and I have around 2.7k hp, 3k armour, 2.8k Heavy Strike dps, 2k Cleave Dps, and my gear is all self found. My resists are a bit sucky, but I have a "double resist" ring of each element in my inventory (eg a fire res ring, with a +fire res roll) that I can swap in as needed depending on the area for a quick +50 res to whatever I need.

HOWEVER, this is my second go at a marauder. I got one to act2 cruel before abandoning him, and starting again. This means I have the best of the gear I found the previous run to pick from, plus I have 2 of each of the good support gems. Also, I changed the spec quite a bit after learning what I lacked previously.

Maybe try rolling a new marauder, with a slightly different spec, and see how it goes?

But i dont get it, how Can you have that much dps, life, arm, ? Is it my skill tree that sux bigtime?
yea, your skilltree p much sucks

too many dmg-nodes that actually do not help much
(most of your dps should come from gems+equip)

not enough life/res/defense-nodes
leaving out trolls-blood even when you're 1 point away..etc..
"
korniz0r wrote:
tbh your life sux, your armor sux, and your dps sucks, you tried to upgrade all of them at once and that was your problem, i assume ur not using bm to get that life with so many % auras, the thing is, u need to lvl first using bm cuz u dont need all that shit right now, try getting lvl 75 first to try to respect for that build, there's not other way around to do it all u wanna do and lvl soloing, first get to act 3 and do shit tons of docks, then respec and go untill u feel safe enough to go solo with a aura build like this, cuz honestly it wont work with your gear, maybe with your level but prolly with not your gear.

Dó you you have a suggestion to alterations in my skill tree, or perhaps an idea what to skill to Lvl 75?
"
Toscaner wrote:
yea, your skilltree p much sucks

too many dmg-nodes that actually do not help much
(most of your dps should come from gems+equip)

not enough life/res/defense-nodes
leaving out trolls-blood even when you're 1 point away..etc..

Could i get you to make an example og how a skill tree should look like?
ye sure, here's my marauder

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYQx9EH8UIBRNGS4aOBrZG0Ub-h0UIVUl3yftKS4x-zKJNuk5Dj38R35QR1BQVbVVxlfiWGNZ818_YEthIWVNZp5uaXKpdO1253gNeWh673uMfLh82YTZhO-MBozPjr-PRpBVns2iAKQZpKymz6cIpzCnhKloq8WsqriTud2-ir6nwA_AGsEExLjGnsbYz2XQR9DQ0k3Uj9X42t3cPeLq42rsOO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS

it's quite classic i think
i suggest what most ppl do for a good reason
go to one of the neighbouring starting regions, either duelist or templar, or both like i did
basically starting areas have very strong nodes
also drop all the weak dmg-nodes you took and the weak nodes in general - like armour 10%, dmg 8% - that's all crap
for dmg i would mainly stay with butchery and maybe scull cracking

as soon as your defence is good enough (maybe lvl 75-80) you can up your dmg through the skilltree

hope it helps..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info