PSA: Kinetic Bolt can shotgun!

thanks gandhar0 I was curious about its potential overlaps, if you can get 3 on a S2 as you call it with good positioning that would be fairly decent.

Does slower proj make it bounce in a smaller area for more overlaps?
Slower proj does not seem to shorten the length of the "Heart Beat".

I tested it with greater volley and without vs dark backgrounds and looked how wide the heart beat lines are.

They are the same size in both cases.

Also vs smaller bosses like Pen Map or bigger ones like the Jungle Valles spider the damage is about the same when the projectile(s) traverse the enemy hitbox.

Here are some pictures. I dont this this has a great value since the skill itself looks too blurry to make a fair comparison. But maybe idk.

Without slow proj

https://imgur.com/a/PVblE6K
https://imgur.com/a/RvPmSB2

With Slow Proj

https://imgur.com/a/DfmL1Yj
https://imgur.com/a/u9SxFTz

EDIT:

Tested the "change direction" part of Kinetic Bolt to see the difference vs a lvl 1 gem. Tested in A9 BA.

Lvl 1 KB: Changes direction 5 times, fits on one screen, Heart Beat width same as lvl 17 gem

Lvl 17 KB: Changes direction 8 times, does not fit on one screen, Heart Beat same with as lvl 1 gem

This means the more forks it has the bigger the range per projectile but does not make the "heart beat" width smaller for potential shotgunning.

My conclusion after i did more maps on my test character i can say it feels very bad at enemies with small hitboxes but good on bigger ones (S3/S4 - previous page this thread).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 9, 2021, 10:27:56 AM
Thanks for posting those I appreciate it, they do look the same to me it should be fairly noticeable if it actually shortened the distance.

I guess we stick with volley and go from there, i'm a real dummy so thinking about running KB in gauntlet lmao we'll see how bad i suffer as a result.
And yet still not as powerful as a basic impale steel build for a lot less.

Not putting it down this guy is pretty awesome but doesnt deserve nerf.
This is no bug, it's working as intended, because secondary damage sources still shotgun, always have.
So the secondary bolts can hit the same target as the primary bolt did.

Same as, for instance, Fireball. The initial projectiles can't shotgun, but the explosion resulting from the impact of the fireball on something is secondary damage, and thus can "shotgun".
So if you cast a fireball with GMP on a large target like Kitava for instance, only 1 of the 5 fireballs will deal its primary damage, but then the 5 explosions will all deal their damage.
Please. No more labyrinth.
Its the only skill I know of that shotguns without an area component, your definition about secondary damage sources make sense but are there actually any that aren't area overlap?
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Its the only skill I know of that shotguns without an area component, your definition about secondary damage sources make sense but are there actually any that aren't area overlap?

Chained projectiles, I think. Although a chained projectile will never hit the monster it chained from in the first place, if you have more chains, like Arc, this should work as well. I think what makes KiBo special is that it forks without hitting an enemy first, so the original projectile as well as a forked one can hit the same target.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Tornadoe shot can shotgun off its secondary projectiles. it doesnt really have an AOE component to it its all projectiles.
So ive been doing kinetic bolt for this league and this is great news for me. and really, i think it's "working as intended"

If you read the skill the whenever it changes direction it launches a forked projectile in the direction it was still going, so they're no longer the same instance of damage which is why it shotguns. but it does take the larger bosses for it to be effective, unless you can manage to bring the splits closer together which fork gem might do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info