I dont want a beta key

as i was looking around the beta forum and seeing all the people that wanted a beta key i realized something. the key didnt represent a real beta. i doubt if more than 10% of the people that are playing at the moment have filled a bug report.
Now its not their fault. They are gamers, looking for a worthwhile substitute of diablo or another game, or it might be that this game is better than diablo (1,2,3).
The issue here is that this is not a beta. A beta is a period in a program lifecycle that people do repetitive actions to see if they are going to have a problem doing the same thing over a hundred times and then make a report about it to the developers of the game.
I dont think this is the case here.
I believe this is a finished product where you get "beta" keys as a way to promote the game before its official launch, hence the chance to get a "beta" key if you pay them a basic fee. Sounds familiar? Pay then play?
So i wont be looking at my email anymore hoping a key will come my way. I will wait a few more days, buy diablo , perhaps GW2 when its published.

From the screenshots and the videos i bet this is a great game as well, and i sincerely hope you enjoy playing it.

PS. Remember that when the game get published, they might ask you to pay a minimal fee to keep your characters or to start with your characters at a smaller level.
Hell-enas :)
Hundreds of us have reported bugs and suggestions. Just because you do not see it does not mean it is not happening.

Have it your way though. I am sure most people have not made reports. But those that do help the game out reguardless.
IGN: KwayZeeWitch
"
ep103855 wrote:
as i was looking around the beta forum and seeing all the people that wanted a beta key i realized something. the key didnt represent a real beta. i doubt if more than 10% of the people that are playing at the moment have filled a bug report.
Now its not their fault. They are gamers, looking for a worthwhile substitute of diablo or another game, or it might be that this game is better than diablo (1,2,3).
The issue here is that this is not a beta. A beta is a period in a program lifecycle that people do repetitive actions to see if they are going to have a problem doing the same thing over a hundred times and then make a report about it to the developers of the game.
I dont think this is the case here.
I believe this is a finished product where you get "beta" keys as a way to promote the game before its official launch, hence the chance to get a "beta" key if you pay them a basic fee. Sounds familiar? Pay then play?
So i wont be looking at my email anymore hoping a key will come my way. I will wait a few more days, buy diablo , perhaps GW2 when its published.

From the screenshots and the videos i bet this is a great game as well, and i sincerely hope you enjoy playing it.

PS. Remember that when the game get published, they might ask you to pay a minimal fee to keep your characters or to start with your characters at a smaller level.

1. They added preorders so they could fund the game, not their pockets. In case you didn't know, this is an indie game.

2. The counter distributes countless beta keys. It's just that some of us weren't that lucky. I, for one, got my key from a member who was kind enough to offer me one.

3. When the CB ends, there will be a wipe. Even if you bought a Diamond Pack, your characters will still be deleted. However, when the OB will end, there are really high chances that it will not require a wipe, so there won't be any fees at all to keep your characters.

I don't know how you came up with this "developer conspiracy theory", but it's just rubbish.

And what you thought that was done during a beta, I think it's actually done during the pre-alpha and alpha stages of the game.

Cheers!
24 years old web and graphics designer from Romania!
Even if players don't actively post reports, they're still providing statistical data to the developers.

This is very much a real beta test, unlike the marketing demos that are commonly disguised as beta tests in today's industry.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Agreed. Even by playing they can contribute to the game and while a lot of them won't submit a bug report there are still more than a handful of players who will.

Might happen someone won't run into a specific bug either in his entire playtime if he gets into beta just now as it's nearing the end of the closed beta phase as well. However.. the more people are playing... the higher the chances for minor bugs to appear. Take in account for example the MAC or Linux players - there might be graphic or soundbugs appearing on specific builds of those systems which on Windows wouldn't.
I agree that paying for beta access is quite underhanded, also now there is a countdown for a beta weekend to build more hype. I do support OP standing for himself rather than begging for a key like so many others.

On the other hand, I also understand the needs of the developers. Being a new studio competing with large established companies is tough. So I will also support whatever they need to do to get the game done.

So personally, I will not pay before the game is released just to get beta. But I do not condemn the developers for offering this option. Lastly I support people like OP that is willing to speak his opinions and keep the company in check.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info