Infernal Blow 0.10.5 Build Idea

I wanted to start up a discussion about an infernal blow build that i think will really take off in 0.10.5. There has been a lot of discussion and some success with using detonate dead end game but with the release of the new mele support gems this week i think infernal blow will be a more viable option. I wanted to clarify a few mechanics and stipulations about how infernal blow works in order to try and get some opinions from the build community. the support gems I'm focusing on namely is Multi strikes.

"Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available."

My main question as I move forward is weather or not this will allow infernal blow to put a "fuse" on multiple targets the way exploding arrow does. The main problem that i see is that with the base duration of only 0.5 seconds you would need to last hit all of the mobs at an extraordinary speed. I have not leveled up the gem yet or experimented with the skill at high levels yet but I'm building a marauder now that will.

My rational is that if i can extend that base time from 0.5s to 2.0s or more maybe I could end up hitting 3+ targets with infernal blow and ass a result cause them to chain explode. ex: If i have 5+ mobs and they have health at 20/40/60/80/100% health respectively. If I hit them all and killed the lowest health mob it should chain kill the rest through explosions.

If anyone has any idea or comments then please let me know. In terms of passives I think that i will still focus on elemental damage over physical considering the fire damage on infernal blow is not my goal but rather the explosion.

Here is what I think the base of the build will look like, deciding where to go from here.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMFWxRNGS4aOCftKU8yiTwFRtdQUFRJV-JYY1nzXcZfP2Btcql35XzZgpuDOIuMjM-QVZ2An9-iAKeErKq53cAaxtjUj93z4XPnUuw47SDvDu988i_z3fZI
I have been working on an infernal blow templar for the past several days now too. I'm interested in both the melee splash and multi-strike gems (not both combined) for this build too. Currently I'm in act 3 cruel and I'm doing approximately 4500 DPS on my infernal blow tooltip not including bonuses from cursing or shocking the enemy. With my flammability curse, the fire explosion from infernal blow is damaging nearby enemies for roughly 28% of the exploded mob's health if they have 0% base resistance to fire. All white mobs and 99% of blue mobs die in one hit. Yellows generally take no more than five if they have additional life or similar mods and as little as one hit on the weaker ones. I'm hoping multi-stike or melee splash don't reduce this too much though. However, I didn't make this character just for the new gems. The new gems are just an interesting new addition coming to the game to try out with this build. This is a raw version of what I'm doing. It has changed a little bit as I have leveled to meet gem attribute requirements though. It hasn't been updated to reflect recent changes though.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0PVBQgFE0WbxkuGYUaOBpVG_odFCSqJd8n7SlPMgkyiTboNuk6UjrYPAVAoERyRmlG10d-TdhQR1BQVElVxlcNV-JYY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5nvW5pcql07Xbnd-V673zZgpuDOITEhNmE74cph2qKdIuMjHaMz49GkFWQbJuhns2f36IApBmnMKeEqWiplKvFrKq53b6nwA_AGsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh37_hc-Nq51LsOO0g7m_vDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--tI=
Infernal Blow is really crazy if you do it right. I have a character who Falcon Punches an entire group of mobs with 1-2 Infernals (they all die in like a 1/3 screen radius) :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
i think in the next patch you will see more builds speccing higher damage over life/defence (with melee anyway) as the new gems will reward more bold builds.

as an example infernal blow and splash will reward higher increased damage builds and enable people to play with actual melee skills rather than ground slam etc not-really-melee builds.

however if the gems come prenerfed to fuck, then we may have more toys but will see little change in the 'meta'.

i think op is being premature, sure, think about the possibilities but until we know what penalties multistrike/splash have then it's not even theory-crafting, its just dreaming.

if the only penalties are the mana cost of the gems then we have a bright future, if its massive dps reductions then they will end up in the pile of gems people don't really use.
[Removed by Support] - don't mention the chinese ownership of this game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info