[3.24] Volatile Dead | CwC | Inquisitor | No Mana Balancing just pure CwC

"
Mirathas wrote:
"
SprMario wrote:
"
Mirathas wrote:

I am not sure what you mean, both are "Attack" related and do nothing for us (except the fortify but even for this we need to get into melee range to hit with Cyclone).

Also increased Damage "with Maces and Sceptres" does not count for Spells not to mention that 30% on top of >400% we already have is nothing.

And Devastator is a pure "Attack" Keystone, no effect on VD.

Yes about devastator.. I misread there. Its indeed for attacks.

I thought the fire-damage on the staff would be increased by the Damage with maces/staves nodes and how else would you get fortify with this build?

You just don't get it. :-)

It's too good not to ;).
Some things I've noticed playing this:

Frostblink counts as standing still (proccing 4 seconds of cons. ground) while you use it but does not interrupt channeling nor movement. So putting in Frostblink+arcane surge is free healing+damage on the best panic button in the game with no downside. Removes the need for purifying flame entirely. Has great synergy with stampede too. Mine is on a 1.5 sec cd.

Blade blast in a cwdt link is free but conditional damage. As is Wave of Conviction (although woc has less value if you take the ignore resist on crit node)

Last edited by VeloxAxo on May 25, 2021, 6:33:31 PM
The guide mentions ES on spellhit rings. Do these actually exist? I can't find any mod of the sort.
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
Some things I've noticed playing this:

Frostblink counts as standing still (proccing 4 seconds of cons. ground) while you use it but does not interrupt channeling nor movement. So putting in Frostblink+arcane surge is free healing+damage on the best panic button in the game with no downside. Removes the need for purifying flame entirely. Has great synergy with stampede too. Mine is on a 1.5 sec cd.

Blade blast in a cwdt link is free but conditional damage. As is Wave of Conviction (although woc has less value if you take the ignore resist on crit node)

I might have to repeat myself, do NOT use the "ignore resist on crit node", we have too many reduced resistance stuff so taking this node dramatically reduces the dmg output, feel free to check this in PoB.

"
VeloxAxo wrote:
The guide mentions ES on spellhit rings. Do these actually exist? I can't find any mod of the sort.

Let me check, maybe I mixed up ES and Life, ES is from watchers eye ...
Edith: yes, this was a wrong mentioning, sorry, corrected it.
Last edited by Mirathas on May 26, 2021, 12:18:37 AM
"
Mirathas wrote:
we have too many reduced resistance stuff so taking this node dramatically reduces the dmg output

You might, but I don't lul

That's a good thing to reiterate in the guide though. Most of the VDers running scolds this league on poe.ninja take the ignore resist node, as well as the single person playing pure cwc vd. So someone referencing it could make the mistake.
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
"
Mirathas wrote:
we have too many reduced resistance stuff so taking this node dramatically reduces the dmg output

You might, but I don't lul

That's a good thing to reiterate in the guide though. Most of the VDers running scolds this league on poe.ninja take the ignore resist node, as well as the single person playing pure cwc vd. So someone referencing it could make the mistake.

Hey, just do what suits you, just play around with PoB :-)
Mine definitely says I loose a lot of dmg choosing this node.
I meant my setup is so bad right now that the crit node is more damage than the enemy %increased taken damage node. I'm still spinning along in t16 maps with a goldrim and a tabula. I've made no attempt at getting real gear. https://pastebin.com/jPa2uW9X
Last edited by VeloxAxo on May 26, 2021, 3:16:10 PM
Got to maps earlier and this build is nuts
What a good armor to look for and is astra the BIS?
"
dmoniak wrote:
What a good armor to look for and is astra the BIS?

For the Armor, priorities are:
1) ES & HP
2) open slot for the craft (10%max life as extra es)
3) Resists if needed
4) Frenzy Charge on hit

Examples are my ritual one and my Ultimatum one:

Anyhow both were relativelky expensive because of the frenzy charge on hit.

For the "Astra" I guess you refer to Astramentis Amulet, honsestly there might be better ones but then you are extremely short on Dexterity, e.g. I would be 47 Dex short without it.
At least for Uniques, there is no better one anyhow according to PoB. Also it is the very best because it is cheap as hell even max. roll.
Last edited by Mirathas on Jun 7, 2021, 12:25:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info