Poison BF/BB Poet's Pen Machinegunner need help.

Hi!

This is build:
https://pastebin.com/Q1QSxxjH

Its very good at cleaning and can apply about 80-120 poison stacks in 1 sec on single target (on multiple targets - hundreds).

It can facetank everything... what dont oneshot him.

So, only problem is oneshots.
Having almost 7k HP+ES and 75% resists is not enough to survive oneshots from AoE skills of UberAtziri (honestly, I was 4 times oneshotted by Oversouls, lol).

Also I got lot of oneshots from Maven bosses (on maps - in cruci I perform very good).

Sometimes - oneshots from just mobs, if shock ground + mapmod "100% phys as element".

So, any advices for improving oneshot-resistance much apprecieated.
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2021, 6:11:28 AM
Uber Atziri will pretty much always oneshot you because she has pen+ high damage. To survive the flame blast you need to dodge it. Right now, for what I know, there's no build capable of facetanking everything.

Your build looks interesting. Your EHP pool is very low, that's your main issue here.

IMO you need to change ASAP => Boots, Amulet(RES/STATS/+1 or+2 gem lvl/Crit multi), Belt(Life/ES/CDR/RES);
And awakened CoC asap, that's a big deal.
Then you should get a shield with recovery on block and block chance, and more block chance in the tree (including spell block)
Hands of the high templar looks interesting but gives 0 stats. You could try to get despair on hit on rare gloves with actual stats.

Or just use Hectouch on your void sphere instead of those useless supports.
Is chain actually good on your 6l ? 'cause just seeing the pob I don't see the point of it. Maybe use your blind there instead ?

Also, by removing clarity(???)/vitality (???*2) you can get a 4l Malevolence+discipline+HoP+Enlighten and fill a precision somewhere if you want to (it's actually almost no dps increase)

ALSO, FLASKS. Replace rotgut (??????????) with coralito (and refund perfect agony) and get an actual flask setup going.
The divine needs instant healing+anti bleed/freeze, you also need an anti curse somewhere. Replace the sulphur with a bottled faith for more dmg or a jade for more suvivability.

ALSO ALSO, why grand spectrolls jewels ?
Get rare jewels with life/ES/crit mult/damage in general.

ALSO ALSO ALSO you should probably aim for either CI or Life, hybrid isn't really good imo.

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO you need to get CDR and attack speed for a CoC/poet's pen build. 1.68 is waaaaaay too low. (Which is why Frenzy>>>>>Power siphon)
Without any CDR you need 3.78 APS for poet's pen and 6.06 APS for CoC (numbers might be different now, these are old numbers)
Min maxing both at once will be very tricky.

HOWEVER. The build can probably be good if you keep working on it. Optimize your dps with atk speed and cdr, then get more defenses in your tree.
ALSO*5 you'll need to optimize your tree. You're wasting a lot of points.
"
Selenba00 wrote:

Or just use Hectouch on your void sphere instead of those useless supports.
Is chain actually good on your 6l ? 'cause just seeing the pob I don't see the point of it.

ALSO ALSO, why grand spectrolls jewels ?
Get rare jewels with life/ES/crit mult/damage in general.

ALSO ALSO ALSO you should probably aim for either CI or Life, hybrid isn't really good imo.

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO you need to get CDR and attack speed for a CoC/poet's pen build. 1.68 is waaaaaay too low. (Which is why Frenzy>>>>>Power siphon)

Void Shpere is very useful for build which cant INSTAKILL everything. Especially in ritual.

Chain is ABSOLUTE UBER for DPS because it provides:
1. very stable crits --> Bladefall as often as possible.
2. Best at clearing and so much QoL - blades raining everywere, you dont need to aim.
So it best choice even in Meven cruci - more hits, more bladefalls - more DPS.
When you spply 1000+ poisons recently - its x50-multiplier for poison duration.
Only case when I change chain to wither - on solo bosses like sirus, Atziri

Grand spectrums give 225% crit chance. Its very important for cast on crit build. Without them there is no DPS.

Hybrid build are much better in EHP stacking. Even with bad boots, trash belt and NO AMULET (I use bisco collar at mapping) I have 6000+++ EHP.
With bad talisman almost 7k.
More EHP - less oneshots.

Power siphon is best, because 8 + 3 projectiles. Frenzy have only 1+3 with just a bit faster using.
Also power charges is crucial for crit build.
"
Selenba00 wrote:
ALSO*5 you'll need to optimize your tree. You're wasting a lot of points.

That what I asking about. I see no way to improve it.
Well I just told you what you should work on, if you don't want to and you're satisfied with your build that's good for you.

I'll do a PoB of what I think you should change. Then you do whatever you want with it.
"
Selenba00 wrote:
Well I just told you what you should work on, if you don't want to and you're satisfied with your build that's good for you.

I'll do a PoB of what I think you should change. Then you do whatever you want with it.

Sounds reasonable.

by the way, I just now used tree/clusters from there:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

With no changing to gear/skill and selfcrafted clusters I got a lot more damage for price about 12-14% EHP and greatly improved performance on even T16 maps.
But, sadly, if I take big shot - I die anyway. Right now was oneshotted in 80lvl heist... crit strike, maybe.
Last edited by Greyf24 on Feb 4, 2021, 5:22:44 AM
Ok so here's what I came up with : https://pastebin.com/GrbmJmgE

Tree is lvl 97 if Alira, 95 if Eramir.

-52m poison dps while mapping(Probably way more because that's the dps from a selfcast bladeblast, real dps you'll have to calculate by hand)
-6.3k es
-CI
-75/75 block (Meaning es recovery on block is a must have)
-68/68 dodge
-Steelskin (Always on left click)

All that with reasonable (meaning somewhat expensive but still realistic) gear. Every single item can be upgraded by a whole lot based on your currency.

As expected, accuracy is a pain in the D so you'll need a loooot of it on your gear.

You can probably get elemental ailment immunity with enough gear investment.

You'll also need a CB jewel or/and anti bleed flask.
"
Selenba00 wrote:
Ok so here's what I came up with : https://pastebin.com/GrbmJmgE

Man, thanks a lot for your time, but you must be kidding.
I ask to improve oneshot vulnerability of my build, not for ruining it.

1. You dont understand main build mechanic: casting 6-9 bladefalls per second. It cant be achieved with Frenzy without barrage and gmp.

2. Your damage is about 316k per blast to Sirus (with no flasks and with 100 poison stack) - and I dont think you can got 25 poisons per second on single target.

My damage in same conditions is 632k per blast,also!
1. I can do 100 poisons in 1-2 seconds, not in 4.
2. With 200 poisons (its easy to do 300-400 recently) my damage is over 1 million per blast, and this also means, I can do about 2-4 times more blasts per second, which gave me 4-8 times MORE DPS in real sirus fight.
Also 15 withering stack hard to achieve in your build as it need 60 hits in 2 secs. I can do it in 1 sec.

Also right now I have:
1. 6.4k ehp
2. Cospri with hexproof bypassing and temporal chains (good def measure)
3. More evasion.

You have:
1. Chaos immunity (what is cool, but my oneshots coming not from chaos)
2. Dodge and block. Its roulette, not mitigation.

So, right now my build have 4-8 times more DPS and better oneshot survivability.

And yes, I can just drop Cospri and doublecurses for Shavronne + good gloves and my EHP become about 7.5-8k.

So, I repeat, thanks a lot for your efforts, but next time do not try to help people if you dont understand how exactly their builds works.

My build now:
https://pastebin.com/0WY1MwWr

Last edited by Greyf24 on Feb 5, 2021, 4:20:49 AM
You're wrong about pretty much everything you said here, but as I said? I don't care.
Do not come ask for advice if you don't want to listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.

You clearly don't understand how cast on crit works. Nor how layers of defenses work. I mean, you just stated that dodge and block is roulette but also you're bragging about having more evasion (???)

Now again, if you don't care, I don't care. I'm not your dad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info