Seems like

I bet you have a million threads in this forum comparing D3 to PoE. So I apologise in advance but i really needed to get this out of my system.

I haven't really gotten round to playing into it yet, but PoE seems like what I was expecting d3 to be like. The main differences are the story and graphics.

PoE with D3 graphics/swarm mobs would be amazing.. and a bit more attack graphics exaggeration would be sweet as.

Chur bros, peace and sh*t
I'm still not sold on this d3 has "better" grahpics. More polygons yes, but PoE has far better aesthetics which I feel are even more important in making things look good.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Diablo 3 has terrible graphics because it complete mucks up the contrast on my monitor and overrides my graphics card's settings with no way to correct this. Path of Exile, in contrast, behaves very nicely in this regard.
Last edited by Silty on May 2, 2012, 11:29:37 PM
I don't understand the appeal of Diablo 3's graphics. I much prefer Path of Exile's realistic looking graphics. Diablo 3 looks almost cartoony, they look drawn with a pencil or something, I actually really don't like Diablo 3's graphics. Path of Exile looks realistic with amazing lighting and shadows... hmm.

In fact I think D3's graphics were the main reason I never felt emerged in the game when playing the D3 beta.

I have no doubt however that Diablo 3 will have a good story with great voice acting and cinematics. Blizzard is still good for that.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info