[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-8SBBkGDI

Guide out - but:

" ... whilst the dps doesn´t really get that much when u invest more currency into it, I did try to push this build into a very high budget state but it honestly felt kinda lackluster for the very high endgame".

So I guess comments like this will turn people away, though the comment is obviously totally wrong as many have proven last league.

I feel so sorry for people who gonna follow with that video. He offers to attack with naked static strike. No supports.

The build is also rising on the reddit front page. So far mostly as a meme, but who knows where it will go. At least most people are pulled over to the melding version. I feel sorry for them too.

Good thing you posted your guide in this forum then I suppose - so far from what I´ve witnessed a new build has to outperform existing ones to be considered by a lot of players so honestly I expect most summoners to go for skele mages, absolution, golems and AW again, again ignoring this build because they simply missed the better source for information. So the initial possibility of prices to spike in regards to build-specific items should be under control.

I decided now and will run this again.
"
livejamie wrote:
Yeah you can run the Power Charge Ape instead of Stone Golem, but don't run Frenzy Apes because they will mess up the APS/trigger.

I can see frenzy charges messing up APS for cyclone, and other skills, but since static strike is about the beams, and the beam frequency comes from gem levels (and quality if Phantasmal alt quality), wouldn't it be safe to use Carnage Chieftains specters (aka frenzy apes)?
"
dceezy wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Yeah you can run the Power Charge Ape instead of Stone Golem, but don't run Frenzy Apes because they will mess up the APS/trigger.

I can see frenzy charges messing up APS for cyclone, and other skills, but since static strike is about the beams, and the beam frequency comes from gem levels (and quality if Phantasmal alt quality), wouldn't it be safe to use Carnage Chieftains specters (aka frenzy apes)?

For my version of the build - absolutely. You still gonna need 2 Power charge specters (or else your relics won't even crit) for charge generation to not feel slow, but for your third specter - you might include frenzy. It will smooth your own frenzy generation for Flicker Strike too.

But there are stronger stand alone specters out there. You can check the list on the gem section of main post.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 10, 2022, 3:47:45 AM
I really really like the concept of this build, and I'm tempted to try it as a league starter - but we are really missing an early game POB to get an idea, except if one has been posted and I missed it? Something like a fresh out of A10 into maps POB.
"
Isdridge wrote:
I really really like the concept of this build, and I'm tempted to try it as a league starter - but we are really missing an early game POB to get an idea, except if one has been posted and I missed it? Something like a fresh out of A10 into maps POB.

For what? Just follow the tree and use logic.

- As long as you don´t have cluster jewels, u cannot invest points into it.
- As long as you don´t have legion jewels, u cannot take changed keystones.
- As long as you don´t have jewels, u don´t necessarily need to take jewel-sockets
- As long as you dont have anvil/aegis aurora, we might need additional block.

Summoner might be more complicated when it comes to items, scaling and all that, HR especially in terms of server-tics vs. AS, but the tree from all summoners looks 95% the same.
"
Isdridge wrote:

The one in the PoB_section has multiple passive skill trees in it. You can swap them in PoB to see the progress. But if you are more interested in itemisation, the Leveling section has several snapshots of my character PoBs as I level. Items, trees, skill gems. And even a video of day 1 mapping.

And of course, I will be posting some of my progress here as I go, as well as update leveling snapshots and "Current gear" section. You can also spy on my character using my user name. Its open for looks.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 10, 2022, 7:06:10 AM
Again, i love the cover photo.

Excited to try the necro version this time around
"
eyeyue wrote:
Again, i love the cover photo.

Excited to try the necro version this time around

Welcome back and hope you will hav lots of fun with the build. We already had a Guarian maid jiin us before, I'll quote them. You might find this usefull

"
Austerlic wrote:

Well... It feels wild and hectic =) Totaly love it.
Got realy sick of playing the same slow-paced relic stuff from league to league, and your intro picture instantly conquered my heart <3

+ Much more damage (Have around 8kk total without vulnurabilty rn against my 4kk with guardian at best), much better clear and boss-killing potential.
+ Easy to follow Syrus or Maven alike blinks with flicker strike, very versatile and mobile on bosses.
+ Amazing clear in high-end fully packed maps.
+ Nicer sustain against a lot of small hits due to es regen.
+ Actually possible to match 0.231 nova cd with combination of flicker+static on bosses. U dont need to painfully calculate your cyclone as.

- Very vulnurable to ocasional one-shots. Had to remind myself constantly that i dont have that Xibaqua notable and 9k flat hp with insane armor.
- Much more expensive to get to top-end and min-max. The base for scepter is extremly hard to get. Although the new amulet and Geofri Crest helps a lot.
- Hard to start-off some mechanics like harvest or fat expedition with static strike and flicker can be just suicidal. Cyclone feels a bit safer.
- Desperatly needs Unwavering Stance. Like 80% of my deaths are to random stunlocks. And picking Brine King pantheon just feels wrong. The right Skin of the lords can fix the problem, but there are none at the market rn.

I tried rampage\asenath gloves and i just didnt get it. Felt underperfoming against straight defensive gloves (With potential to make elevated redeemers minion damage). Can u explain me the point besides heal on rampage?
Before we start the league I wanted to throw in a bit more info into the Gear section.

Flasks are not talked about in the guide so here we go

Flasks

Slot 1. Flasks to restore your HP.
Spoiler

At the league start - any life flask will do.

Look for a Seething flask or the Bubbling for instant healing

Later on you can grab

It will heal you twice and helps dealing with early DoT damage you might encounter.

As you max out your Chaos resist you might wanna grab

Instantly heals you to full HP. Be careful with things that reduce your chaos resist (for example altars) as you will take massive damage from this flask if your are not Chaos res capped.

Slot 2. Defence utility flask.
Spoiler

Extra armor helps a lot during early game, and you can look for bleed removal too, as you need a way to deal with Corrupted Blood before you get immunity to it. Gain charges when you are hit is also a good way to make sure flask is always ready to be used.

Slot 3. Flexible slot. More defence and utility.
Spoiler

Early league you can grab Basalt flask as one of your quest rewards.

You can use that for a bit of extra armour till you replace it.

This one is a great addition to the protections as it will help dealing with Physical and cold damage. Great for big hits against bosses, good synergy with Elemental Aegis (if you ever grab one)

This one will provide you with effect similar to permanent Guard Skill. Massively reduced damage during mapping. Not that great against bosses. The price of it may vary. Last 2 leagues I had it for 10 c. Now its worth exalts. If its cheap - grab it.

Slot 4. Attack speed flask for smooth Flickering.
Spoiler

A recent addition to the build

Grab one of those as your quest reward, try looking for attack speed mods. It will make you zoom zoom faster, miss your static strike less, and even deal with slow attack speed weapons if you have to grab one due to the lack of what you want on the market.

Slot 5. Speed flask. For zoomies.
Spoiler

Nothing special. Just a peed flask. You might wanna look for reduced effect of curses mod (helps a bunch with tempo chains, ele weakness, vuln). Its nice to have. But you might also fill it up with w/e you feel like. Maybe remove ignite? Or poison bother you? Maybe you want more moove speed?
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 11, 2022, 3:17:25 AM
Ghazzy made starter builds tierlist and holy relics is A tier so relics still might become more popular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-A4Su7Gezg
Last edited by Yanwar on May 11, 2022, 6:41:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info