Mac + Steam issue

MacBook Pro Apple M1 chip, Big Sur OS 11.0.1. Downloaded PoE from Steam client, then pressed "Play" button from client, instant crash with error message "PathOfExile quit unexpectedly". Restarting the Mac did not fix the error. Further crash information is lengthy, but can easily be reproduced if necessary. I'm just not sure what info you need posted from it, so here's the first bit:

Process: PathOfExileClient [985]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/PathOfExileClient.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfExileClient
Identifier: com.GGG.PathOfExile
Version: 1.0 (0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Translated)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: PathOfExileClient [985]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-11-20 20:43:38.645 -0700
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 (20B29)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: ***I DELETED THIS FOR PRIVACY but can send if necessary***

Time Awake Since Boot: 550 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [985]
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2021, 7:27:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thank you for the report, we're looking into this.
Same issue that i have, please let me know if you solve this. Thank you!
I am also running into this error, but I tried running the standalone client.
Having the same issue on an M1 MacBook Pro 13 when attempting to use the stand alone client.
Any update on this? This post was a while ago but I'm still getting the exact same error when opening on a Mac with M1 chip from Steam. Just downloaded fresh, so I should be up to date.

Fewer people have the M1 chip on Mac right now, but I think making this work on the M1 chip is actually much more important than older Macs, because the M1 chip is what might actually allow some of us to play on our Mac instead of a massive windows box with a huge GPU that is anchored to one room in the house. M1 Macs are several *times* better in performance in some cases.

Cheers, and thanks for your work on the Mac version!
"
milyaqist wrote:
Any update on this? This post was a while ago but I'm still getting the exact same error when opening on a Mac with M1 chip from Steam. Just downloaded fresh, so I should be up to date.

Fewer people have the M1 chip on Mac right now, but I think making this work on the M1 chip is actually much more important than older Macs, because the M1 chip is what might actually allow some of us to play on our Mac instead of a massive windows box with a huge GPU that is anchored to one room in the house. M1 Macs are several *times* better in performance in some cases.

Cheers, and thanks for your work on the Mac version!

No updates yet, we're still working on the problem.
Any fix yet? Same problems as above (through Steam and stand alone client) on MacBook Pro. Game tries to launch and bounces in the taskbar a few times, then "quits unexpectedly".

Running Catalina 10.15.7. Mid 2012 laptop, but can usually run games like this no problem.
I am getting the same issue from the client, im on a macbook pro 2012
same here. I have a macbook pro 15" early 2013.

Process: PathOfExileClient [2877]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/PathOfExileClient.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfExileClient
Identifier: com.GGG.PathOfExile
Version: 1.0 (0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: PathOfExileClient [2877]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-01-07 17:00:19.916 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H114)
Report Version: 12

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type