[3.12]CoC Ice Nova Raider|Life & Dodge|All content done in SSF|Delve 1k|Fast & Fun|Die to one-shots|

Players, I've come to share a build I've made in SSF Heist.

Cospri kept dropping for me (got 3) so I've caved and decided to just respec my Frost Blades Raider to CoC Ice Nova since I was too lazy to level an Assassin.
I've been playing it for a few weeks now and like it a lot.
I don't see people playing CoC Ice Nova as a Raider, but I think it's actually very fun and worth sharing.

Don't start this build in SSF until you got Cospri and Pandemonius at least, that's what I've started with. Not HC viable.

What I've done with this build this league:

-Uber Elder (first for me)
-Uber Atziri (first for me)(unsocket frostbolt)
-Sirus A8 (many times, mostly deathless)
-Delve 1000 (very far from deathless)
-Level to 99 (my highest)
-Drop
Spoiler

etc.

What you can expect from this build (stats with my current gear and flasks up):

Spoiler
-One bad thing first. I have 4k hp and not a lot of damage reduction. If a Big hit gets through like in deep delve or some explosion of unknown origin, you will get one shot.
-Nice damage, you don't one shot conquerors but they die very quickly as I will show in one of videos. And it's all aoe
-Fast movement. With my things it's up to +140% movement speed when not channeling. Up to +68% movement during cyclone. Without a speed flask.
-Phasing
-Immunity to all elemental ailments
-Blind on hit
-95% evasion vs blinded enemies even with 40% less evasion from Wind Dancer
-65-75% attack dodge, 60-75% spell dodge (varies due to elusive)
-75% block chance if not hit recently
-98% stun avoidance when channeling
-20% less damage taken if not hit recently
-3 endurance charges and fast generation after triggering Immortal Call (Smashing Strikes)
-Big life recovery vs multiple mobs from Life Gain on Spell Hit ring affixes, see more later

I will link you to 2 CoC Ice Nova Assassin guides on this forum if you want to learn more about the mechanics of this skill. That's where I've learned it. I would just be copying them if I were to rewrite it here. Shout out to the authors
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2733675
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2971773

Before I link you my gear and passive tree, please be aware that there's a lot of things you can change around. Some key points though:

Spoiler
-Cospri is needed for triggering frostbolts. Link Frostbolt to power charge on crit support if you don't have other means of generating power charges (for example crusader affix on chest). Link it with one of the extra projectile supports or use

-Pandemonius is great for dps but even more importantly it gives us blind on hit, which we need to stay at 95% evasion

-Mistwall is an amazing shield for us. We don't get hit often so after blocking a hit we will be back to 75% block chance (even with acrobatics!) before the next hit comes most of the time

-2 rings with 18 life gained on spell hit each is my choice of recovery. It is so good. That's 36 life for a spell hit. We trigger 2 ice novas (from frostbolts) every 1/10th of a second. Thats 720 life recovery per second vs single target. Versus 10 targets, like it often is in delve, its 7,2k/s
You will see how well it recovers life in one of the videos I'll link.

-get Cooldown Reduction either in one place out of boots/belt/awakened coc gem, and have it at 14%+. Or get it at all 3 places and have it at 52%+. You definitely want to aim for the 52%+ in the end since it's so easy to get 10.1 aps as a Raider. (read guides I've linked above for more info)

-When you're at 14-51% Cooldown Reduction you need to change the passive tree and drop all the attack speed nodes to stay close to 7.57 aps for optimal dps (read guides I've linked above for more info). When you're at 52%+ CDR you want to stay close to 10.1 aps.

-When changing the gear, passive tree, or gems, do so trying to keep your cyclone at 100% hit chance and 100% crit chance (with flasks active for me)

-Try to get more base evasion on your gear than I have. Mine is pretty sad. I still have 95% evade with flasks vs blinded enemies, but you could improve your chances with no flasks or blind.

My gear and gems, it's not really, really, min-maxed since it's SSF and I don't have patience/luck/currency to upgrade it more at this point. Still, I've spent quite some time on it:
Spoiler

My current PoB, it's quite fluid, I've done like 10 big respecs already:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/DYDP7Epz

Videos:
Spoiler
I don't usually take videos but hopefully these are ok. No sound.

A8 Veritania, dies in a few seconds
https://youtu.be/Oat7Y-q8Yiw

Random ilvl 83 heist
https://youtu.be/wggZN6byS6M

Fiery node with exploding dogs at delve 998 and no burning ground immunity set in pantheon. It shows how good the life recovery from ring affixes is
https://youtu.be/M99B6I4kXb8

Another delve node at 997
https://youtu.be/JdhLr4rJ02M

Aul at 425, kinda gave up actively dodging stuff halfway through
https://youtu.be/sLMrVq76tm4

Well, that's it for now. Don't know what more to write. I'll add stuff later if needed.

Give it a try, it's fun

Cheerio
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2021, 11:45:37 AM
Hello do you think with a 20ex budget i can make this ?

i never played like this type of builds but i want to give it a try with Raider, why you picked? instead of another class?

Can u hit my up on discord? FernandoS#1699
Last edited by Perzival3 on Nov 26, 2020, 4:08:48 AM
"
Perzival3 wrote:
Hello do you think with a 20ex budget i can make this ?

i never played like this type of builds but i want to give it a try with Raider, why you picked? instead of another class?

Can u hit my up on discord? FernandoS#1699

Hey, I had a quick look at a trade site and I'm pretty sure 20 ex is plenty to start with.
All I had when I've started this build was Cospri + Pandemonius and some random rares, and it was enough to play and get all the rest of the gear I have now over time.

The uniques I'm using are cheap, 1-45c a piece.

The most expensive thing you want to get is Awakened Cast on Crit gem, costs 6 ex.

You don't need any double influenced rares, or 3 curses, to make this build viable, you can get them when you have currency for it.
To start get
-chest with +crit chance for attacks
-belt with t1 cooldown reduction
-boots with t1 cooldown reduction

You can put Frostbite in your Cospri and use 2 rings with Life Gain on Spell Hit, or have a ring with Frostbite on Hit, and 2nd ring with 0,4% of Cold Damage Leeched as Life. You can also get Cold Damage Leeched as Life on a cluster jewel if you prefer that.

I have gloves with unnerve and culling strike, you can get either, and get both when you can, it's just damage increase.

Other than that just cap your res, get some health and try to get high evasion. Should be more than enough to start.

Why I picked Raider - like I've said in the opening, I already had a Frost Blades Raider at 90 and was too lazy to level up an Assassin. Most people play CoC Ice Nova as an Assassin. I've respecced my Raider to CoC Ice Nova and played it for a few weeks. It turned out much better than I've expected.
And since it turned out to be viable for all the content and I've done pretty much all the content in game with it, I decided to share it here so maybe more people will play it. It's actually pretty good.

Assassin has easier time capping crit, free elusive, free power charge generation, they usually go Low Life so they get 30% more spell damage from Pain Attunement, they can get more auras with life reserved, and they have higher raw energy shield than I have life, so harder to one shot.

Raider - harder to cap crit, but still not that big of a problem, if you notice in my gear I don't even use Critical Strike Chance Support becouse I have 100% crit chance without it. You should use it instead of Added Cold Damage if you don't have enough crit.
We need double influenced boots to get elusive, and link Power Charge on Crit Support to Frostbolt, or get double influenced chest to get power charges.

On the plus side - we have much higher movement speed, easy 95% evasion, high dodge, 75% block (when not hit recently) easy 10.1 attack speed, immunity to all elemental ailments

Overall, you can get much higher damage output as an Assassin, but as a Raider you have a lot more avoidance and speed. I think it is a trade that is worth considering, since our dps is still high enough to kill a Conqueror in a few seconds and Delve to 1000.

I don't use discord, sorry :)
is this still viable after patchnotes/ascendacy changes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info