[3.14] Vortex & Cold Snap Build | Occultist | Ultimatum | Path of Exile 3.14

Hey guys, low life vortex cold snap occultist build is ready. From coc ice nova video somebody asked for a vortex build. I almost use the same items, just changed helmet, weapon and some jewels. This is also playable with trickster but I choose occultist.

Defenses:
Cannot be chilled. (Frigid Wake)
Cannot be frozen. (Frigid Wake)
Cannot be stunned. (Presence of Chayula)
%50 Evade Chance. (Blind)
%75 Block Chance.
%40 Spell Block Chance.
Steelskin.
Aspect of the Spider.
%41 Phys. Damage Reduction. (Flasks)

I prefer using curses for damage but you can also use defensive curses. There are some variations:
Frostbite - Elemental Weakness (Full offensive)
Frostbite - Enfeeble (Balanced)
Frostbite - Temporal Chains (Balanced)
Enfeeble - Temporal Chains (Full defensive)

PoB: https://pastebin.com/3Hruiffm

Build Video: https://youtu.be/mWx5mMnWk8Q
(Footage is from 3.12)

Leveling Process: https://youtu.be/NvBtliIxWxY

Kill all for bandit

3.14 CHANGES:
- Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill, with a 8 second Cooldown (previously 4 seconds).
- Vaal Cold Snap
Now deals 46 to 69 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (previously 35 to 53), and 1571 to 2356 Cold Damage at gem level 20 (previously 1002 to 1502).
Now deals 34.3 base Cold Damage per second at gem level 1 (previously 29.4), and 1532.7 base Cold Damage per second at gem level 20 (previously 1495.5).
Now has added damage effectiveness of 350% (previously 200%).
The base radius of the Hit is now 32 (previously 15).
Now has a Soul Gain Prevention duration of 6 seconds (previously 8).
- Frost Bomb
Cold Exposure now applies -15% to Cold Resistance (previously -25%).
- Flesh and Stone
Now requires 35% Mana reservation (previously 25%).

GEAR:

Gem Setup:

Vortex - Swift Affliction - Efficacy - Elemental Focus - Hypothermia - Controlled Destruction

Vaal Cold Snap - Hypothermia - Bonechill - Efficacy

Vaal Discipline - Summon Skitterbots - Flesh and Stone - Enlighten

Flame Dash - Second Wind - Arcane Surge (Lvl 5) - Steelskin

Zealotry / Malevolence / Hatred

Frostbite / Frost Bomb / Elemental Weakness

Last edited by wishdropper on Apr 14, 2021, 8:18:32 PM
Last bumped on May 23, 2021, 5:14:17 AM
Hello! I enjoyed your video guide.

What do you think about using Rime Gaze as a helm?

This gives a 5 link Cold Snap, and increased damage on Vortex too, but at the cost of less AoE. But I figure with the explosions the clear won't be affected too much.
Last edited by Ravisandesu on Dec 24, 2020, 4:33:43 AM
imo rime worked well for a budget starter helm while you rack up some currency with the build, however once everything else came into place and you decided to throw in an expensive rare helm, it will definitely boost the build to the next level, more es/more damage. So yes i believe rime works, it just wont be best in slot for later on.
This has essentially been my league starter the last 4 leagues or so. Originally with Trickster, but I finally fell in love with Occultist. I can vouch for the super smooth gameplay of this build. Super nice leveling, and really strong while mapping. I never used Zealotry though... making me want to run this again! :) Thanks for sharing
Hi all, I am new to occultist after playing TR Trickster for a long time. I spent quite a lot on this build trying to make it work but I am still getting one shot in T15s and I feel like I must be making a major mistake somewhere. Gear is good, gems are correct, resists all capped (including chaos) I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Would really appreciate any advice my profile is open. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shanopla/characters

PS if I should ask this in another guide I can, this was the closest I could find to mine thanks in advance and I can tip in game for your time just shoot me a PM I know time is money!

-Shane
Why would you use glancing blows if not using bone offering?
I'll be trying this build out! It looks fun and easy to use.

Just curious what you would suggest to prioritize in terms of stats? Specifically early and endgame. Thank you!
Hi! I followed your detailed description, will you return a detailed guide like in 3.13?
Curious about the ring.. you have +mana gained for attacks and not spells. Does that work? Considering the build is using spells. I am honestly not sure.
How this build can handle endgama content or is this just starter build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info