Crash when opening world dialog or using waypoints

Thanks so much for creating a mac version!
Was working quite well so far.

Reference number 3098692561

Seemingly randomly I have a bug with one of my characters now (solar eclipsed act 2)
When I try using a waypoint or opening the world dialog directly causes the game to crash to desktop without an PoE error message.

While trying a lot of times, it worked maybe 2 times out of 30 tries.
Can't reproduce with other characters.
Everything else seems to work all right.

Not sure if it's related to the mac version, any Ideas how to fix it would be welcome.
Seems to be the same exception as in this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2944784.

Mac OSX error report:
Spoiler

Process: PathOfExileClient [85611]
Path: /Applications/Path of Exile.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfExileClient.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfExileClient
Identifier: com.GGG.PathOfExile
Version: 1.0 (0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: PathOfExileClient [85611]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-10-17 17:49:37.192 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.4 (19E287)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 2F02863B-0953-4E13-9119-DEA9C6D12A5B

Sleep/Wake UUID: 13D2656E-5CE3-47A5-9ABA-5F467808C36A

Time Awake Since Boot: 2100000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 670 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000001ee3bb000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [85611]
Last edited by quitter on Oct 17, 2020, 11:58:30 AM
Last bumped on May 4, 2021, 2:54:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update:

After completing act 2 without using waypoints (…) it now works without problems again.
I'm basically getting the same issue. Mac client has been working fine up until now, but I just hit the solar eclipse in Act 2, and now every time I open a waypoint the game crashes back to desktop with no errors.
I had the same problem and this worked for me:

Go to your PoE install folder.
Locate the folder called ShaderCacheVulkan (name may be different depending on your system).
You will see subfolders like 00, 01, etc. These subfolders are created during gameplay, not at the initial install. Delete all of them.

Note that under PoE root folder you will see other folders with similar names, like ShaderCacheVulkan.packed, do not touch these.

A fresh install doesn't help because the system keeps cached files in the aforementioned folder. Just go and delete them and it should work.

Sorry to say that the problem persisted after giving me false hope.

I did what the OP suggests and completed Act 2 without using waypoints or opening the World Map. After you complete the last quest and the eclipse has cleared, everything seems to be fine again.
Still happening on a 2013 iMac, on 10.14.6. (Pretty shocking that a reproducible hard crash directly on the storyline goes unfixed for 6 months...)

Rather than rage-quitting, I treated it as a meta-quest to walk back through half of the act without touching waypoints. Luckily it wasn't too bad, and yes waypoints work again after finishing the act.

For anyone else bumping into this, these are the zones you want:

Riverways, Wetlands, Vaal Ruins, Northern Forest, Caverns, Ancient Pyramid.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Act_2
------BUMP------:

This issue is recreated via the OP mention method, exactly as OP says. It's exactly the same Issue I am currently facing.

After Upgrading/Updating/Cleaning everything, I finally found this post and now I am 100% positive it's a PoE Issue and not my system Lol.

Following Links to Crash Report and EtreCheck Report:

Crash Report:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRgt4MBH552q0rQJojVz9UatyLsXfrvK/view?usp=sharing

EtreCheck:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m_7YucFU4qDj0KNX6AnTBnjiwWAjEtJV/view?usp=sharing

(For EtreCheck File "Find text" (CMD+F) Path of Exile for small detail on Crash)

Edit:

I completely reinstalled (deleted all files+folders) for PoE, I have no files or folders in said ShaderCacheVulkan mentioned by Hacimat

Edit May 9th 2021:

Yes, Completing full ACT 2 fixes all issues with waypoint and world interface.
Last edited by MisterTooh on May 9, 2021, 2:46:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info