What to do first?

So like all of you I was playing D3 heard about this game and voila, Here I am. Any tips would be helpful ie. what to do first, or how to get groups going more efficiently and what classes are useless that sort of thing.
Last edited by blasphamy on Apr 27, 2012, 2:09:13 AM
Well, you've actually taken the first big step that many in-game apparently don't -- you've found this forum. On the various boards, you'll find just about everything you need to know. The beta (non-feedback) board has a list of uniques, mechanics explained, vendor recipes, the lot. The various other feedback boards are good for learning about the skills and classes.

If you haven't already, check out the links to the right as well. The skills list is fairly comprehensive and should help you decide what sort of character you'd like to play. The passive skill tree has a handy search function, path calculator and it even highlights like skills. It's very useful indeed in helping you get a grasp on the initially quite formidable skill 'tree'.

Keep in mind that come open beta (June-ish), all chars and gear will be wiped per the usual closed-->open beta/soft release schedule of free-to-play games. So while it's great to get into it now, mostly it's all about learning how to play. Making mistakes. Goofing around. Don't get too attached to anything. ;)

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
thanks :) I can't wait... my download is almost done, also thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info