Self-Cast Discharge 80r AoE 26mil dmg

Since I've been asked many times to share my min-max assasin self-cast discharge, then here it is.

I'll update the post to be more a guide than a showcase in following days. Please bear in mind this is min-maxed version, I spent quite a bit of time, including the tree & gear optimiziation. My character is 97 lvl.

Disclaimer
Spoiler

• This is not a beginner friendly build.
  • It's also not a good starter build, however it's very easy to transition from easy starters like BV. We use BV anyway, the passive tree & gear are more or less generic one for assassin's crit based builds.
  • It's not a one button playstyle.
  • By not any means I'm saying anywhere here that it is the best build out there, it's not, that's not the goal. I just love discharge, wanted to make it self-cast viable again with the recent changes and just have fun the hell out of it till it lasts.

Having said that, if you fell in love with discharge skill as I did many years ago, and you like one big boom playstyle then stay a while exile and listen!

Summary:
  • It's using 12 PCs and 4 ECs for discharge damage (ECs are generated through old well known voll's amulet).
  • 2 minimum FCs that do not contribute flat dmg to discharge, since they cannot be consumed, however they still give 8% more dmg and 8% increased cast speed.
  • Got huge AoE, to be frankly speaking it's exactly 80 range with Awakened Increased Area of Effect and +5 range helmet enchant.
  • 26 mil dmg with Concentrated Effect instead of AIAoE.
  • I'm using Second Wind Support in my 6link support for two reasons. It reduces cooldown to 1.55s (down from 2s) and most importantly gives you opportunity to cast discharge two times, if you up them quickly, which is very, very likely. Overall it's better than any other support that gives you more dmg, basically it doubles your dmg means 50mil+ if you can trigger two times in a row with full charges.
  • Anomalous PCoCS gems with Inya's Epiphany help you generate PCs much quicker. Blade Vortex setup helps generating PCs, chills and applies EE, see below.
  • I'm using EE with Blade Vortex and Herlad of Ice setup, since I'm not using FCs for discharge anyway I don't care about higher cold resistances. Light and Fire resistances only matter.
  • Since we have huge hits, Atziri's Acuity with Soul Tether are BiS for survivability. Together with permanent 4 ECs and IC + CWDT + ID setup, dodge, elusive, no extra dmg from crit hits and finally divergen frost shield they all contribute to very good defense layers. Please also bear in mind that Frost Shield provides guaranteed chill in its area, both for defense (pseudo 30% MoM) and offense (hypothermia support). On top of all those layers we also have blind nearby enemies from Disorienting Display (Large Cluster Jewel).
  • 5.4k life and 1k es, if you happen to get 3 more levels then I recommend to get another 3 x 5% increased life from tree that was left here and there (shadow, witch & templar area).
  • Lastly, with 12PCs, Militant Faith timeless jewel boosts our dmg by 36% more dmg. We can give up FCs generation anyway.

Pastebin of my current character for Path of Building. Please make sure to use LocalIdentity's fork, that can be found here.

Gear
Spoiler

All my rare jewels have double critical strike multiplier, % inc life and resistances, you can check them in PoB and my character profile. Additionally, I'm using WE with critical strikes penetrate 10% elemental resistances while affected by zealotry & ~1% of damage leeched as Life while affected by vitality.

Lastly, I'm also using following cluster jewel setup:

• Large Cluster Elemental jewel with Prismatic Heart, Sadist (since we apply all three ailments this node gives us 60% inc elemental dmg!) & Disorienting Display (precious blind nearby enemies).
  • 2 x Medium Cluster Area Dmg Jewel with Magnifier & Towering Threat.

Also remember about Militant Faith timeless jewel wiht Inner Conviction keystone!

Flasks

You can swap flasks according to your preferences, possible unique options to consider Atziri's Promise, Cinderswallow Urn, Bottled Faith. I prefer my setup above though.

Gems
Spoiler

• 6L Damage

Discharge + Awakened Increased Area of Effect (Swap to CE for end game bosses) + Second Wind + Awakened Controlled Destruction + Hypothermia + Anomalous Power Charge on Critical Strike

Optional gems to consider for replacement Increased Critial Damage, Elemental Penetration, Inspiration, Awakened Elemental focus (chill can be still applied by BV and FS). However, I find those gems suboptimal vs above setup. Feel free to shuffle gems.

• 4L PCs & Chill & Dmg

Vaal Blade Vortex + Anomalous Efficacy + Anomalous Unleash + Anomalous Power Charge on Critical Strike

Optional gems to consider for Anomalous Efficacy replacement are Divergent Onslaught (grants us permanent onslaught) and Culling Strike any quality option. Having that setup, we can swap back and forth both gems (maps vs end game boss like Sirus), since those are with matching colors.

• 4L Def & Burst Dmg

Vaal Righteous Fire + Increased Duration + Anomalous Immortal Call + Anomalous Cast When Damage Taken

AIC and ACWDT should be as high lvl as you can get them, depends how much of strength attribute you have.

• 4L Self Buff & Enemies Debuff

Divergent Wave of Conviction + Divergent Arcane Surge + Hextouch + Elemental Weakness (or Anomalous Assasin's Mark, yields a bit more dmg)

• 3L Util

Anomalous Dash + Anomalous Second Wind + Divergent Force Shield

• 3s Auras

Zealotry + Vitality + Herald of Ice

Bandits
Spoiler

Alira for:
  • 5 Mana Regenerated per second
  • +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances

Anoint
Spoiler

I decided to go for Arcane potency since crit multiplier (30% in this case) yields most damage. However, this is second to best. Most damage would be from Anomalous Assasin's Mark which gives us 50% critcal strike multiplier (lvl 21) and cursed enemies take 4% increased damage.

To make use of this second curse, we would either need chest piece with hunter influence and additional curse mod, or Whispers of Doom anoint. Using additional curse would also mean that we would need to find socket somewhere for that gem :)

These are the reasons I decided to drop that idea, but feel free to go that route.

Ascendancy & Pantheon
Spoiler

Ascendancy: Unstable Infusion -> Deadly Infusion -> Mistwalker -> Opportunistic
Major Pantheon: Soul of Lunaris
Minor Pantheon: Soul of Shakari

Unleash Variant
Spoiler

Enchant:

Annoint:

Body link is just to include gem changes, Divergent Discharge and Awakened Unleash instead of Second Wind

Videos

Last edited by ojejku on Oct 29, 2020, 3:47:45 AM
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2020, 8:34:03 AM
Updated not working pastebin, also reserving a post just in case.
Added third video with T16 Primordial Pool with sextants/scarabs just to showcase AoE. And reserving my very last post.
very odd way of using that acronym.

"Mil" is a far more common acronym for million. This is the first time i see someone refer to as mLn, which looks to similar to "min", or minimum.

use 26mil instead.
Last edited by ryukenden on Oct 13, 2020, 10:40:23 PM
Yeah, my bad, forgot to change it yday. Thanks for reminder sir! I'll try to upload more videos including Sirus A8.

I also already restructured the mini guide a bit, added a few sections, T16 Hydra video. Will most likely add a few more later on.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 14, 2020, 3:27:57 AM
Unfortunately didn't have much time today :( but I just recorded Drox A8, Phoenix and Sirius A8 fights, where second phase was hectic because he spawned in black holes, which usually does not happen. Anyway, it was still deathless and 3rd and 4th phase should make up for it, usually each phase is like that. Links are in video section. Gotta go rest, cheers.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 14, 2020, 2:36:21 PM
Finally a discharge build!
Was searching for one since 3.12 and could not find any.

Couple of questions.

You mentioned that you have +2 minimum PC, I could not find where those are coming from.

It seems you are not using the discharge threshold jewel, just wanted to be sure. If I recall the cooldown cannot be lowered if you are using that jewel.

Also your POB link doesn't work for me.

I have a pair of legacy acuity that I'll be using in your build.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Last edited by frogemoth on Oct 14, 2020, 4:23:34 PM
@frogemoth

I said minimum FCs not PCs. We use 12PCs. Minimum FCs come from rings, specifically bench craft.

We're not using threshold jewels, it's meant for trigger, not self-cast in general.

In standard with legacy items you can always take any build on a completely new level.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 14, 2020, 4:31:50 PM
"
ojejku wrote:
@frogemoth

I said minimum FCs not PCs. We use 12PCs. Minimum FCs come from rings, specifically bench craft.

We're not using threshold jewels, it's meant for trigger, not self-cast in general.

In standard with legacy items you can always take any build on a completely new level.

Thanks. Can you look at your POB? I can't load it for some reason.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
It's working fine, please make sure you're using community fork maintained by awesome person who is LocalIdentity (https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding), instead of mainline maintained by OpenArl thanks to whom PoB exists at all.
Last edited by ojejku on Oct 15, 2020, 2:47:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info