Download speed low to none.

Hi, I'm new to this game and didn't get to play it yet.
I'd very much like to try it out, so I got the installer which got me the downloader.
That thing however seems to be working very poorly, if it gets to actual downloading.
Yesterday it got stuck on "Checking resources" for like 5 hours (at first I tried restarting,then I realized it's not getting better,redownloaded and reinstalled it again,since it's rather small)
Then I read about those DDOS attacks so I figured that was the problem.
Today it started downloading.
Yet, 80% of the time, it downloads 0B/sec.
the rest 20% it even dares to tell me it's downloading at amazing 4bytes per second, though sometimes it climbs to even hundreds of bytes for a small while.

I've had it running for several hours now (~6). and I'm at 4.74%, once again seeing 0B/sec.
Am I doing anything wrong? I checked my firewall,but I think it would block it all or not at all anyway. Also my usual net speed is around 2MB/sec.
I did try closing everything but the client/patcher but it didn't help. thanks for any help, I'd love to get the game but I'm not sure I can have my computer running long enough for it to download,given this speed.

Thanks for any help, I'm willing to give any details about my PC or system.
jajohn.

edit: okay,the patcher just crashed. :/
Last edited by jajohn on Mar 27, 2013, 7:12:22 PM
Did you change any of the launch settings? Perhaps to specify a patch server while the patch servers were acting up?
I didn't change anything. Knowingly at least. I downloaded the installer,set the location I want it to install to and let it do its work.
Where can I check if my settings are correct?
Would sending Client.txt (the log) help? (the log is somehow 44MB big,being just pure text. so it might take a while to go through that I guess.
Last edited by jajohn on Mar 28, 2013, 3:55:43 PM
Hi,I'd like to bump this,since my client still is only downloading at speed of bytes per second, which means maybe my grandchildren could try this game out.
That is, IF it does start the download after checking resources for 20-50 minutes.
Any ideas of what could be wrong would be help.

I don't have the firewall blocking it (it does download some data after all) and my internet connection speed is roughly 2MB/s download. I also haven't changed anything of the patcher or any files that came with it. The only thing I changed was the destination of instalation.

I'm going to try installing this on another PC to see if the problem will occur there (indicating a connection problem maybe?).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info