[3.12] Blazing Salvo - CoC Assassin | 10-20+ mil DPS 100+ Balls | 9k ES Tanky.

Hi, I'm Saizo and I've been working on a Blazing Salvo build, it's been rough trying to find something that felt good to play outside of mines and totems.

Finally found a build that works really effective with Blazing Salvo, great dps for both clearing and single target, and has great survival.

Path of Building

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/NFxbjKYS

POB dps numbers are lower then they should be, it doesn't calculate +1 projects enchantment and Flame Wall buff.

The Build Run Down

Spoiler
There is a lot going on but it's all done with one click, when we use Blazing Salvo our Poet's Pen triggers our Flame Wall, Flammability and Wave of Conviction, we also have a Blazing Salvo hooked up to Spellslinger which has Combustion attached and this all triggers when we use our Barrage, so we have great amount of buffs and debuffs happening without having to cast anything or some wonk setup. We also have Vaal Righteous Fire buff for bossing and the new Void Sphere hooked up the second wind to help with grouping packs when needed.

Our Flame Wall, Flammability and Wave of Conviction always casts in the direction we are aiming our Blazing Salvo so we are always get the secondary buff from Flame Wall and the debuffs we need.

There is a sweet spot when fighting bosses, you want to stand just out of range but not to far away, all your Blazing Salvo's will over lap landing big damage.

You can off screen clear rather easy, sit back spam barrage.

For our defenses we take full advantage of Watchers Eye jewel, with 25-30 Energy shield gained on hit, with the amount of projectiles we do it's a damn lot of energy shield per second we gain. We combine that with Flesh and Stone (sand stance) to give us 50% blind targets that are nearby which is handy seen as it's in perfect range of our nuke damage. We also have some block and dodge chance and decent movement speed.

Pros
Great Clear Speed.
Good Single Target Damage.
Insane upkeep on ES.
1 button build.

Cons
Can't do no mana regen maps.
Can't do Elemental Reflect.
Don't recommend doing Physical Reflect. (Barrage hits hard)

Core Gear Needed
Spoiler

I will add more to guide over coming days as I sort more gear and run a few more tests, but all and all build is solid and lot of fun.
Last edited by saizosol on Sep 28, 2020, 7:56:23 AM
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2020, 12:44:35 PM
do you have a video?

I wonder if this is tanky enough.
Last edited by ryukenden on Sep 28, 2020, 11:43:04 PM
You could try to fit bladeblast somewhere so you can have unnerve on enemies for more magic damage.
Can blazing salvo shotgun?
Meta = cattle

-ty men
I ended up wanting to try this out, and I'm sincerely disappointed. I have basically the EXACT gear, down to the max gem levels and awakened gems. 21 auras and the exact tree. I really do not see where you got the 10-20m+ dps and 100 balls. Maybe I'm missing something, but I copied your PoB to the exact items and everything.
"
LastTruGod wrote:
I ended up wanting to try this out, and I'm sincerely disappointed. I have basically the EXACT gear, down to the max gem levels and awakened gems. 21 auras and the exact tree. I really do not see where you got the 10-20m+ dps and 100 balls. Maybe I'm missing something, but I copied your PoB to the exact items and everything.

I've been hella busy with work.

You can get more then 100+ balls, the issue is Blazing Salvo it has a deadzone and projectile speed can be a bitch, which just so happens to be walking fine line with perfect position for barrage hence the damage can be shit at times, it honestly drives me nuts. Some bosses I delete instantly and some I miss like 90% of my damage then all of sudden it goes pop, I honestly tried to make the skill work but it still needs some work to make it a smooth skill, like I just flipped few gems and went VD, it's like 3 gems I believe easy.

well i guess i call bs, the blood magic makes auras consume a shitton more life than it would use as mana.

worst part is: poets pen circles through the spells, so not on every attack you get flamewall and wave of conv. and whatever, its one spell at a time.

did you even test your build or is this just some pob fantasy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info