Ancestral Cry

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2023, 10:06:22 AM
Honestly it's a bit awkward. For some skills I only use ancestral call, then switch for multistrike for single target. With ancestral cry i thought i wouldn't need to alternate in between and just keep multistrike, but they're exerted attacks not supporting repeats unfortunately. There's aren't red gems that's gonna help my clear a bit more on molten strike. Multistrike is the best dmg choice so it'd be silly to go for another just so that I can make use of Ancestral cry and not have to switch for bossing.

I guess for skills like double strike and so on, instead of needing both melee splash and ancestral call they'd only need melee splash, but meh, I don't think ancestral cry does the job so far as I'd rather either not use a skill that also requires melee splash or not use an inferior melee support because Ancestral Cry doesn't allow repeats.
could be smoother and better
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Conceptually I love it, but since it only exerts 1 attack this really limits its viability. The "The Mirage Warriors each use a linked attack skill once before dissipating." tag could use a bit of work, and the fact that it requires additional setup in boss encounters is off putting.
IGN : Reamus
Last edited by Andromansis on Oct 26, 2020, 12:28:02 AM
Ancestral Cry should be an exception to the rule of Warcries not being able to exert skills linked to Multistrike. Ancestral Cry is made for strike skills, and close to all strike skills NEED Multistrike to feel alive.

Please, change this.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Ancestral Cry needs a rework.

I've tried taking all Warcry Cooldown Reduction nodes yet Ancestral Cry can't keep up with Berserker More Attack speed, or Soul Eater buffs on any class (or both).

I think the solution would be for Ancestral Cry to exert strike skills for a duration of 4ish seconds (so with warcry cooldown you can continually have Ancestral cry up for clearing maps)

Thank You

A lesser problem is that Ancestral Cry can't be used with Multistrike Support. But with a buff to Ancestral Cry, this could be a fair trade off.
great suggestion to be honest, attack speed eats up those 8 attacks in less than 2 seconds
My ancestral cry does not work with dominating blow, is it how it intended to be or is it a bug?
"
nutforest wrote:
My ancestral cry does not work with dominating blow, is it how it intended to be or is it a bug?

This thread is not a place for bug report

Also, i guess you may have multi-strike so that it disabled Exert from warcry
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Sep 17, 2023, 10:09:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info