[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

"
HeroEvermore wrote:
"
Codz wrote:
How does this build compare to other jugg builds like EQ? This seems interesting, but is it as good?

A quick look at PoENinja shows me that this build out damages EVERY EQ Jugg build in depth charts. Mine shows 6.5mil, top EQ on that list is 5.5mil. They also have way better gem levels than I do. As I never bought any gems just got a few lucky hits on lvl 21s. (even my lower dps PoBs out damage them all). Plus this freezes and chills things and penetrates a huge amount of cold resist. This build also doesn't abuse Glancing Blows so will avoid that nerf, while almost every EQ build uses it (staff+glancing blow builds galore). (note I can only compare in PoE ninjas depth list, as level ranking is 98+ only now).

That said I feel like the only decision you should make picking between these skills is. What's more fun for you? That's all that matters!

I leveled with EQ a little, it was a great skill. I really like the Ice Crash sounds of chilling and freezing though. And perma stunning bosses is kind of hilarious.

I should have made some mid tier map videos to show how laughable things can be. Just too busy to add those before harvest ends today.

I really appreciate the response, thank you!
My pleasure! Today's my 38th bday and I am going to stare at this screen until todays patch notes!
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Sep 15, 2020, 11:12:59 AM
Happy birthday and thx for the great guide.
Tried dualwielding ice crash last season and really looking forward to try a 2hand build!
amazing build will be going for it as a league starter , small question though what would the best way to level it?
"
realVIP wrote:
amazing build will be going for it as a league starter , small question though what would the best way to level it?

Just sit in low tier maps for awhile until the xp turns to junk. Work your way up saving for those juicy items for the build. As for leveling through content prior to maps. Just use any good slam so you can keep leveling those supports for Ice Crash as well. Focus on building physical damage and life early on as we don't get our cold penetration until later with item upgrades and deeper into the tree/skill points. I've made my suggested 4 link gems in the gem listing of this guide. Enjoy and happy Heist!!!
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Sep 15, 2020, 12:44:30 PM
"
RavenVVolf wrote:
Happy birthday and thx for the great guide.
Tried dualwielding ice crash last season and really looking forward to try a 2hand build!

Thanks so much! I have a feeling that with assassin nerfs and nerfs to Enduring Cry. Many might be looking at Jugg this season! Which always excites me! Jugg life!!! I usually play dual wield also (Consecrated path for 4 seasons) but 2h is so great again! Hooked!
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Sep 15, 2020, 1:05:50 PM
heya, i just updated one of my std juggs to this build but i seem to have a lot of mana issues (??) am I slamming too often? Here's my char

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/d3viant6/characters/DevSmashed

Also, what's rotation for warcries??
"
d3viant6 wrote:
heya, i just updated one of my std juggs to this build but i seem to have a lot of mana issues (??) am I slamming too often? Here's my char

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/d3viant6/characters/DevSmashed

Also, what's rotation for warcries??

Mana
Your rings aren't giving you leech on this build. I notice that first, but you said you transferred builds so you're probably aware and just tweaking stuff. Maybe it's less damage than mine due to rings? So it's not sufficient enough leech to spam like mine? Also I do have a jewel that has "1% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit" effect (This helps from draining all your mana from CWDT setup). But the build ran without mana issues before that. Even single target as long as I Ice Crash I always have mana. You can solve this temporarily by putting 2 points into "Spirit Void" on skill tree. Then maybe check again after you've got more scaled damage? I suggest side by side looking at your current PoB and mine. Another thought is my gem levels arent at insane levels. Maybe use Ice Crash in chest piece with the reduce cost mod?

Warcries.
Order of importance.
1) Enduring Cry as needed for charges (ignore if Leap slam is giving you full charges)
2) Seismic Cry for monster packs=Leap Slam stun on packs into Ice Crash+Seismic knock-back/Interrupt effect (this is our standard 3 button rotation when at full endurance charges)
Leap Slam>IceCrash>SeismicCry (though we can Ice Crash spam as well)
3) Intimidating Cry for bosses/Intimidate effect (Alternate this and Seismic for maximum Exert bonus)
(added this info to main post now)
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Sep 16, 2020, 12:20:03 AM
So, I'm going to be very casual this league. Normally, I take days off to enjoy leagues as they start but this year this league drop landed on my busiest work times.

I played a tank last league and once I transitioned into 14+ maps, I started to get one shot a lot despite having max block/resists/chaos resists. I'm not that great at dodging. I just want a build that excels in being able to clear the content without worrying about being one-shot constantly. Does this have the means for a casual player to enjoy?
I just bought the ice crash MTX in preparation for playing this build as my league starter so thank you for creating this build :)

What are everyone's thoughts on incorporating inspiration support to replace ele dmg with attack support instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info