Lvl 55, at a crossroad! Please help. Iron reflexes worth it?

Hey guys, this is my current tree. I got 4 points to spend atm, going into merciless. The newbie build that i followed, and a lot of other builds, got iron reflexes, but i just can't see it being worth it? Could someone talk me in to it/out of it? Like, right now, i only got like 250 points evasion, and that would be armor, hurray? I just dont see it. I feel like going up left and picking up life and also picking up +mace/phys damage. Good idea?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPBLhFCAUcRiRGS4aOCECIWAn7Si1Mgk6UkCgQT9QR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJqHnKpdO1673uMfNmGYIzPkFWRzp7Nn8ui6qcwp4SoGKyqtC-53cAaxtjJmNIh2WHewd-_5K3nUu8O707yL_ZI974=

/edit; Also, this is my first char going into merciless. I've thought about respeccing out of blood magic, and going for aruas, got 9 respec left, possible?

Spoiler
IGN: WishfulSinfulWickedBlue, TheSoftParade
Last edited by MichaelLaudrup on Mar 26, 2013, 10:27:18 AM
Here's my build (based off the newbie build):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrRLhFCAUTRRxGNsZLho4HOcg8CFgJ-0otSmlLdIyCTa6OlI62D0PQKBDnETnR35N2FBHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNah5qO25pcql07XTxd2J673y7fNl99YRjhNmE74Zgh2qMdozPkFWQbJHOnrmezaIApzCnhKgYqWiplKvFrKq53b6nwA_AGsQVxPbFisbY0iHSTdlh37_k8edS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Kc8932SPe-

I do have IR, but that's only because I found this:

I wasn't planning on taking it, but if you have gear that would benefit from it, I'd say go for it a little later on.

/e I should add that using the auras increased evasion (forget the name) and determination give an insane armour buff
D3 sucks
Last edited by Sprongley on Mar 26, 2013, 10:48:31 AM
"
Sprongley wrote:
Here's my build (based off the newbie build):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrRLhFCAUTRRxGNsZLho4HOcg8CFgJ-0otSmlLdIyCTa6OlI62D0PQKBDnETnR35N2FBHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNah5qO25pcql07XTxd2J673y7fNl99YRjhNmE74Zgh2qMdozPkFWQbJHOnrmezaIApzCnhKgYqWiplKvFrKq53b6nwA_AGsQVxPbFisbY0iHSTdlh37_k8edS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Kc8932SPe-

I do have IR, but that's only because I found this:

I wasn't planning on taking it, but if you have gear that would benefit from it, I'd say go for it a little later on.

/e I should add that using the auras increased evasion (forget the name) and determination give an insane armour buff

Thx for the input, i got like 1 exalted and 20 chaos that i have been saving up towards end game gear, that chest looks really nice! I can see the benefit of having iron reflexes with that kind of gear. Ok, so now i know im gonna get IR, but should i get now or wait? im already struggling in merciless lol.
I would go for the life nodes before IR.
Respecing out of blood magic and the 8% melee phy dmg at the start of the tree would bring you right to the doorstep of the life nodes(2points). Never a fan of blood magic. Percentage auras are too good to give up on.

About dmg nodes, get damage boosts from a good weapon.
Consider getting a voidhome dread maul? Unique mace. 1~2 chaos I guess.
Insane dps. Downsides, reduced exp and item rarity. Still pretty worth it if you ask me. You will clear mobs a lot faster. I used it and tore through merciless.

Heres my build @ level 76 if you need more references.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrQ_MFCAUTRiRGNsZLhmFGjghAiFVIWAkqiftKLUppSr2MgkyiTWGNuk5DjpSOrNAoEOcSn1QR1BQVElVtVYEVvpX4lhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGFSZp5noHKpdO108Xbnd-V673uMfNmDOIZgh3aKIozPkFWdqp65ns2fy6IApmSnMKeEqWisqrnNud3AGsEExtjJmNSP3D3dDd7B42rkredS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--tL8xQ==
IMO Iron Reflexes is worth it, even if u get evasion only from grace.
Armor added from Grace with IR:
1344*dex/5*%increased armor from passives*determination= ALOT :)
In game nick: Chillchilla
Last edited by chillchilla87 on Mar 26, 2013, 3:10:09 PM
"
eddiec93 wrote:
I would go for the life nodes before IR.
Respecing out of blood magic and the 8% melee phy dmg at the start of the tree would bring you right to the doorstep of the life nodes(2points). Never a fan of blood magic. Percentage auras are too good to give up on.

About dmg nodes, get damage boosts from a good weapon.
Consider getting a voidhome dread maul? Unique mace. 1~2 chaos I guess.
Insane dps. Downsides, reduced exp and item rarity. Still pretty worth it if you ask me. You will clear mobs a lot faster. I used it and tore through merciless.

Heres my build @ level 76 if you need more references.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrQ_MFCAUTRiRGNsZLhmFGjghAiFVIWAkqiftKLUppSr2MgkyiTWGNuk5DjpSOrNAoEOcSn1QR1BQVElVtVYEVvpX4lhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGFSZp5noHKpdO108Xbnd-V673uMfNmDOIZgh3aKIozPkFWdqp65ns2fy6IApmSnMKeEqWisqrnNud3AGsEExtjJmNSP3D3dDd7B42rkredS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--tL8xQ==

Thank a lot! Your build looks really nice, i like how you skipped some of the str nodes, i think im actually gonna go for your build :) I've seen the dread maul a lot on the sell chat, i actually thought it was more expensive than 1-2 chaos, thanks! Prices are so hard to tell. Right now im also looking for a 5L chest piece, but i dont wanna overpay, is 1 exalt fair price, for a 4red 1 green socket?

Edit; just to be clear, that instead of blood magic keystone, you use BM support gem, right?
Last edited by MichaelLaudrup on Mar 26, 2013, 5:05:34 PM
"
chillchilla87 wrote:
IMO Iron Reflexes is worth it, even if u get evasion only from grace.
Armor added from Grace with IR:
1344*dex/5*%increased armor from passives*determination= ALOT :)

Wow, thats a lot! Thanks, getting it!!
To give you an idea of what it's worth, I have it on my lvl 54 marauder. My gear isnt great, I currently have 1305 armour. Activating Grace aura boosts my armor up to 2540, and this is with no armour passives at all. Picking up a few armor passives/using determination/leveling grace to max, I can see the armour bonus being very significant.
About chest armors with 5l. I would get a white armor and alch + chaos it to decent stats. Wont take more than 1 ex i guess. 2-3gcp for a white armor, 1-2 gcps for chaos orbs. The colors are easily chromatic-ed. Get a hybrid armor+eva chest. Thats the most suited one for us. A pure armor chest is fine too if you find a cheap one.

I use blood magic gem for 2 auras, grace and anger. With reduced mana thats 400 life i think. Then I run hatred which reserves 20+% of my mana. Which leaves me with 70%, so i dont need any blood magic for heavy strike or ground slam. Blood magic for heavy strike/groundslam only comes in if you wanna run more than 1 percentage aura, like hatred+determination+vitality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info