[3.12] Remi's Penance Brand Trickster | Beginner friendly guide | Great Clear + Boss | All content

May be a stupid question, but for singletarget (bossing) do we spam Brands until 5 stacks or do 2, wait till it runs out and then 2 again? Just want to make sure I'm not overriding anything or so.
Last edited by warlock360 on Aug 2, 2020, 10:50:06 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Lumina wrote:
Hi Remi, firstly thank you for the guide, I managed to put together everything I needed for the build yesterday and have been playing it and enjoying. I decided to put my values into your penance brand calculator and got 16 final explosion stacks based on a 0.23 cast time, hit rate of 8.36 and a skill duration of 1.18. I know this is decent but what gear changes would I need to make to go about fixing and improving it so I move out of the yellow and into the green?

Here is all of my current gear as well as a path of building link if that works better. Thanks for your help! https://pastebin.com/VM7HXNGG

First of all glad you're enjoying the build.

For your cast speed stuff, you are actually on 19 stacks if you have used a movement skill recently and your ghost shroud is up. You should be dashing often anyway to dodge boss skills or speed up while clearing so I'd say most of the time you'd have that up. Ghost Shroud is quite conditional but you would have them up at no time. On top of that It seems that you've forgotten to allocate your cluster jewels on your passive tree, so you missed quite a bit of cast speed there (and also I disabled cinderswallow).

So with just 2 ticks (Ghost Shroud and used movement skill recently), you have a total hit rate of 9.54, which brings you to 19 stacks and I'd say it's perfectly fine, you will guaranteed to hit 20 stacks if you proc-ed remarkable

Thanks a lot Remi, I realize now that I just hadn't configured things right in PoB so I wasn't showing the right values. I think the only things needed now are for me to finish crafting my Herald of ash reservation helm with an awakener orb for shaper influence and also getting the two Shapes COTB rings.

I have one additional question if you don't mind. Is there any way to get corpse removal with the build? I find that the most deadly things with the build in its current state are on death effects from porcupines and basically everything else in POE.
"
Lumina wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Lumina wrote:
Hi Remi, firstly thank you for the guide, I managed to put together everything I needed for the build yesterday and have been playing it and enjoying. I decided to put my values into your penance brand calculator and got 16 final explosion stacks based on a 0.23 cast time, hit rate of 8.36 and a skill duration of 1.18. I know this is decent but what gear changes would I need to make to go about fixing and improving it so I move out of the yellow and into the green?

Here is all of my current gear as well as a path of building link if that works better. Thanks for your help! https://pastebin.com/VM7HXNGG

First of all glad you're enjoying the build.

For your cast speed stuff, you are actually on 19 stacks if you have used a movement skill recently and your ghost shroud is up. You should be dashing often anyway to dodge boss skills or speed up while clearing so I'd say most of the time you'd have that up. Ghost Shroud is quite conditional but you would have them up at no time. On top of that It seems that you've forgotten to allocate your cluster jewels on your passive tree, so you missed quite a bit of cast speed there (and also I disabled cinderswallow).

So with just 2 ticks (Ghost Shroud and used movement skill recently), you have a total hit rate of 9.54, which brings you to 19 stacks and I'd say it's perfectly fine, you will guaranteed to hit 20 stacks if you proc-ed remarkable

Thanks a lot Remi, I realize now that I just hadn't configured things right in PoB so I wasn't showing the right values. I think the only things needed now are for me to finish crafting my Herald of ash reservation helm with an awakener orb for shaper influence and also getting the two Shapes COTB rings.

I have one additional question if you don't mind. Is there any way to get corpse removal with the build? I find that the most deadly things with the build in its current state are on death effects from porcupines and basically everything else in POE.

The only way i could think of is cwdt offerings
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Remi, thanks for the great build !!!
clearing maps no problem: legions, casia, delirium, etc.

but I often get one-shot from bosses and defenders
I leveled a trickster to level 93
and here ....
I had a level 75 scion with a similar tree
switched to her, flasks from the passfinder ....)) + trickxter from the lab
now scion 92 level but I get one-shots anyway

I can switch to trickster, but I need to craft more life

the call of the brothers with the influence of the Shaper is too expensive

tried to deal with the calc, but did not work out very well
(maybe I chose the wrong settings somewhere)
on scion 22 Final explosion stacks yellow zone

but I like the build anyway

Last edited by MrFixo on Aug 4, 2020, 12:47:53 PM
Great build guide, hoping to use this to make my own version. Mechanics explained really well, ty for sharing.
"
Blo_om wrote:
Great build guide, hoping to use this to make my own version. Mechanics explained really well, ty for sharing.

Glad you found the guide useful!
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Hello, thank you for the guide and detail explanation of the mechanic. I really enjoyed the brand play style, I'm consider playing this build as league start next league. Will the price for rare item in the budget version be higher next league due to it's not being harvest?
Last edited by trung12368 on Sep 5, 2020, 8:08:57 PM
"
trung12368 wrote:
Hello, thank you for the guide and detail explanation of the mechanic. I really enjoyed the brand play style, I'm consider playing this build as league start next league. Will the price for rare item in the budget version be higher next league due to it's not being harvest?

Possibly because it's so easy to get them on this league, but you'd just aim for +1 lightning with open prefix for budget weapons (make sure no spell dmg in prefix), else just look for incursion sceptres with non chaos as extra.
Thank you for very detailed guide, there aren't many like this for Penance Brand. Possibly league-starting with this, do you think this is a viable league starter? Also, what kind of single-target DPS are you getting with your current build?
Yes it is viable on league start (I pretty much league started with this build on this league), it is a bit reliant on Cobts and Eber early on, with 6l it can easily do T16 just fine.

Right now I have about 5M average damage no vaal skills / incosistent damage boost. The damage is strong enough to 4 hit any conquerors, or even just 2 hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info