Enemy Targeting and Camera Angle.

Hi

I like PoE very much, skillsystem is just great and in this times.. were the diablo 3 Open Beta started, There are a lot compare between the games.
But this thread is not for competition or so.

But i need to show u a Diablo 3 video to explain what i mean.

First my Problem in my opionen the Targeting in PoE isent perfect, it happend to much that i miss the target and run or stand direkt nearby an Enemy and dont hit him, i just get stucked. Its not an huge Problem, but i dont like it.

For me the reason why diablo 3 seems to be played so fucking smooth is cause of the big tolerance where u can aim at a target and the charakter will still hit it.

On the other Hand.. the Design of PoE or the Enemy is Kind of smooth between the world design and the enemys, no catchy colors or so. From the Point of Design i think its just what u wanned to do, but it influenced the gameplay even more when the hitboxes arent that big.

So often there are so many corbs and enemys, that u just klick nearby and dont hit them..

Now here a Video form Diablo 3 where is shown the big tolerance of Diablo 3.
Maybe im the only one, but i would like it if PoE would do it in somekind the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWI2Drl8kM&feature=channel_video_title

A other Point for me it seems that the Camera is too much topside and to near.. i have heared that the developer were working on it, but to be sure, I wanted to mention it.

I hope u could understand me, my english isent the best. ;)
Last edited by AliveAngel on Apr 22, 2012, 9:24:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I personally enjoy the targeting precision required to click enemies, and hope it stays.
I have the same problems when I play PoE. I play a marauder and a duelist, and it happens very often that I run a few times around the monster until I hit it. Especially when it is a very small enemy.

It would be very nice if the tolerance of the enemies hitboxes will be a little better. I think this would improve the gameplay a lot, at least when you play with classes like the marauder or the duelist.
deleted - sorry I didn't realize I was reviving such an old post.
Last edited by AlfaTangOh on May 28, 2014, 8:33:42 AM
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
deleted - sorry I didn't realize I was reviving such an old post.

Haha, alright. You noticed yourself. :D

Aside this, the camera angle adds some risk to playing ranged classes (shooting off the screen), which is probably necessary to balance them. As far as I know the angle is here to stay. For good or for bad, I don't know but one get's used to it pretty fast, imo.
The bigger you make the hitboxes, the harder it is to hit a single monster in a pack when they're overlapping. Or target an AoE ability at the middle of a pack where there's no monster, rather than on a specific monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info