[3.11] League Start | Low Budget | Raise Spectre - Baranite Preacher

Hello everyone!

I thought I would share some awesome results I have had this league from using the Baranite Preacher Spectre along with Meat Shield + Deathmark to permanently taunt all mobs.

Low Budget A7 Shaper (soon to be 8) viable

Raise Spectre - Baranite Preacher: Lightning - Ball Lightning - Spell

Spectre which spams Ball Lightning abusing On Hit mechanics such as Taunt on Hit while at the same time doing higher DPS (personal experience) than Baranite Thaumaturges / Slave Drivers / Scinteel Synthetes / Baranite Sisters

Required Gem Links:
Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Deathmark - Meat Shield - Spell Echo - Lightning Penetration

Note: I do not think any multiple projectile support is needed for clear, the Balls linger and with constant convocation they cover basically the whole screen without the extra projectiles.

Summon Stone Golem - Animate Guardian - Elemental Army - Feeding Frenzy

Note: This gem setup provides the Feeding Frenzy buff and Gem for the following gem swap Meat Shield --> Feeding Frenzy (this gem swap is for Blight content or lower tier maps where you are over geared)

Recommended Gems:

Convocation

Desecrate

Purifying Flame - Curse on Hit - Conductivity

Note: Provides Elemental Equilibrium + Consecrated Ground for you and your Spectres

Wrath - Zealotry - Enlighten - Generosity

Note: Generic Lightning Aura setup

Steelskin

Enduring Cry

Flame Dash

Note: Or whatever movement skill you enjoy

Ending Notes

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! Let me know in the discussion if you also enjoyed these Spectres and anything else you would like to comment on.

You can check my gear and passive skill tree on my character profile!

Good luck and I hope you are blessed with the elusive Mirror of Kalandra.

Last bumped on Jul 9, 2020, 7:27:06 PM
"
Anro4600 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I thought I would share some awesome results I have had this league from using the Baranite Preacher Spectre along with Meat Shield + Deathmark to permanently taunt all mobs.

Low Budget A7 Shaper (soon to be 8) viable

Raise Spectre - Baranite Preacher: Lightning - Ball Lightning - Spell

Spectre which spams Ball Lightning abusing On Hit mechanics such as Taunt on Hit while at the same time doing higher DPS (personal experience) than Baranite Thaumaturges / Slave Drivers / Scinteel Synthetes / Baranite Sisters

Required Gem Links:
Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Deathmark - Meat Shield - Spell Echo - Lightning Penetration

Note: I do not think any multiple projectile support is needed for clear, the Balls linger and with constant convocation they cover basically the whole screen without the extra projectiles.

Summon Stone Golem - Animate Guardian - Elemental Army - Feeding Frenzy

Note: This gem setup provides the Feeding Frenzy buff and Gem for the following gem swap Meat Shield --> Feeding Frenzy (this gem swap is for Blight content or lower tier maps where you are over geared)

Recommended Gems:

Convocation

Desecrate

Purifying Flame - Curse on Hit - Conductivity

Note: Provides Elemental Equilibrium + Consecrated Ground for you and your Spectres

Wrath - Zealotry - Enlighten - Generosity

Note: Generic Lightning Aura setup

Steelskin

Enduring Cry

Flame Dash

Note: Or whatever movement skill you enjoy

Ending Notes

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! Let me know in the discussion if you also enjoyed these Spectres and anything else you would like to comment on.

You can check my gear and passive skill tree on my character profile!

Good luck and I hope you are blessed with the elusive Mirror of Kalandra.

You need to add atleast some kind of video for people to get a feel for it. Also it seem weird to use meat shield on the spectre gem. I mean why not feeding frenzy or any other dps gems? would love to see a video but seeing meatshield kinda makes me doubt
Last edited by Deadbringer on Jul 9, 2020, 6:19:16 PM
You are correct it needs a video, this post is very underwhelming compared to the others on this page. I can try to develop one when I get some time.

With regards to Meat Shield Support, it does provide a decent More multiplier with average game play scenarios, and it provides a lot of protection because of the Spectres never dying and Taunting everything on screen instantly. Also, I do gem swap it with Feeding Frenzy during most map clears because my gear is improving.

I don't see other players or streamers ever giving Baranite Preachers any love and I wanted to share them more with the community because at lower gear levels they provide immense DPS and they are way tankier than Slave Drivers.

At very high gear levels (multiple vicious bite notables) obviously Scinteel Synthetes and Redemption Sentries are going to be stronger because of the way their projectiles work.

Thanks for your feedback!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info